If you are looking to experience Vienna's culture and history, it is hard to beat this hotel's value-for-location ratio. Located near the museum quartier and within easy walking distance of Stephensplaz and naschmarkt, we couldn't have asked for more.
The rooms are fine, bathrooms are big (but a poorly designed splash guard means your bathroom floor will be covered in a layer of water with every shower). Our room was nonsmoking but clearly a smoker had been there.
Service is Austrian. By that, I mean brusque, not particularly friendly or helpful, but you can get what you need. Don't expect a hug though.
The biggest downside: wifi is wonky, borderline terrible. Speed is slow, the connection drops frequently, and it's basically useless for business work.
Given the location and my use of hotels only for sleeping, I would stay there again were I a tourist. Business travelers should look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien am Rathaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna