“Great Service and Outstanding Location”

K+K Hotel Maria Theresia
Ranked #45 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Phoenix, AZ
“Great Service and Outstanding Location”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Although it was rated just slightly 'above average' on Tripadvisor during our trip planning phase, we really had no idea what to expect at the K+K Maria Theresia upon our arrival in Vienna. We're happy to report we were NOT disappointed. This is a solid choice for hotels in Vienna... we had a large, clean, well-appointed room with a very comfortable bed for our 3 night stay. The staff was 'Vienna-friendly' and courteous... and the brekafast buffet is wonderful (don't oversleep). The location is convenient, too... a 10-15 minute to the center of the Inner Ring and all of the tourist venues... but more importantly, the K+K Maria Theresia is less than 5 minutes away from a bustling restaurant district that features nearly any and every type of cuisine you could desire. We strongly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank AZdesertdweller1955

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ohio
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Maria Theresia is a bit hard to find - our cab driver took us to the other K&K property in Vienna - but its location is fantastic! In the middle of District #2, the MT is within easy walking distance of all the museums and attractions of Vienna's District #1. The room was adequate (maybe a little better than that) but the beds were way too soft and some in our group struggled to sleep. The included breakfast was excellent. Another feature is there are several quaint alleys lined with authentic Viennese restaurants just by the hotel. This is the right area of town in which to stay - but maybe there's a better hotel to select?

Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The room was great. Modern euro decor but large considering its Europe. My room overlooked the front of the hotel with the road, but the windows were sound proof. I was able to hook up to my work effortlessly and there wasn't an additional cost. Very close to restaurants and shops and the local sites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Large, clean room with a view of the courtyard. This turned out to be great because we could safely leave our window open for fresh air with no outside noise. Great bar with a snack menu that was perfect to tide you over until dinner. The hotel staff was great and the breakfast room attendants were wonderful and attentive. I have to admit, I had at least 4 mimosas everyday before touring the city. Hummm, maybe this was why I was in such a great mood everyday! The museli, yogurt and high end cheese tray were phenomenal and the breads so good, it was hard to stop. Business room to send/view e-mails was very convenient and helpful. Location was terrific - three blocks to a underground station and just as many blocks to over a dozen museums.

1 Thank LonelyPlanet1225
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very friendly staff, large rooms and very comfortable beds.Great location close to all.A very beautiful city,safe,clean city.Planning to come back here next year.Must to go a coffee house and see what Starbucks can never be.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm not sure I can really add anything new that has not already been said. My husband and I stayed there for 6 nights in August and he returned this past month for another week.

Well here it goes:

PROS:

1) Phenomenal breakfast - I was really astounded by the breakfast! Having stayed in many hotels with a higher star rating than this hotel, I have never had such a diverse and extensive selection for breakfast! The sparking wine, the made to order eggs, the smoked salmon, the charcuterie, the selecton of cheeses and fruit and bread - oh my! My ridiculously large breakfast would tide me over for most of the day, until it was time for afternoon cake. What a life!

2) Room - Thanks to the wonderful advice on TA, we asked for and received a room on the top floor facing the city. It was a bit small, but perfectly acceptable for a central location in a large European city. The room was impeccably clean, had amazing views over the MuseumsQuartier, and had free wifi! (American high end hotels PLEASE take note) My husband had an even bigger room when he returned this month, so I think the room sizes are variable.

3) Location - Only a short delightful 5-10 min walk to the Hofburg, through the lovely MuseumsQuartier. So close to everything yet so quiet!

4) Service - The front desk staff were helpful with reservations to restaurants and advice on travel logistics.

CONS:

1) I may have gained 5lbs eating that breakfast everyday! But seriously, the only thing I would change is their pillows. But after spending 2 weeks in Austria, I think they like their pillows wilty soft. Oy my neck!
2) We had a great corporate rate but I think the hotel goes for ~180E a night, which can be quite steep for some.

Would I recommend this place? Without a doubt. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floors with city views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travellingfaerie
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed at the K+K Maria Theresia twice - once with just my 3-year-old, and once with the whole family. Both times, I was extremely satisfied with the hotel, the room, and the service. The location is fantastic - on a quiet street so you're not bothered by noise, yet still just a few blocks away from museums, shopping, and a metro stop. The staff were professional and courteous, and the rooms were comfortable and even a bit larger than expected. The first time we stayed they mistakenly gave us a room that was larger than we'd reserved. A short time after we checked in we got an apologetic phone call from the front desk asking if we would switch to another room so that our first room could be given to a larger group that needed the extra space. In exchange they gave us a smaller yet still perfectly comfortable room that had a beautiful balcony/terrace. The request was made with all courtesy, and we had no problem making the change. For traveling families, I can't say enough about the included breakfast. It's varied, delicious, and a great way to fill up the kids before starting a day on the town. We will be traveling to Vienna frequently in the coming years, and this will be our go-to hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family