The hotel is ideally situated just 2 minutes from Westbahnhof station, it is very easy to reach from the airport, we travelled in on the express coach (6 euro single) departs every 1/2 hour.
We returned on the underground and S Bahn (1.50 euro) time in was 35 minutes, time out was around the same.
The hotel is ideally situated on a side street Kaiser Strasse, off the main street, the whole street is great for shopping with plenty of restaurants and take aways all along it, there are also 3 McDonalds, some of the department stores are huge, the C&A is the largest.
The hotel was spotlessly clean, we stayed for 3 nights and had clean towels each day and a bed change on the middle day.
The staff at reception were extremely helpful, all the staff speak English, included in the price was a superb breakfast, continental and also cooked, bacon and eggs and sausage, plenty of cereal and juices and cold meats and cheeses from a buffet style service.
The best value was they give you each a travel card for the duration of your stay, this entitles you to free transport on all the systems, trams, underground, bus, and S bahn railway.
We used this extensively to get around the city, it was very easy and once you got use to the system it became very easy to swap from U bahn to tram and vice versa.
All the major sites are within easy reach of transport systems.
The city is beautiful and the sites are amazing, the prices are a little on the high side, small beer at £2.50, glass of wine £4,
however if you buy outside of the main tourist spots its a lot cheaper.
The Vieneese people are lovely and willing to help at every opportunity, and vertually everyone speaks English.
I would recommend this hotel as the ideal location at a fair price to visit this very delightful and scenic city
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterCityHotel Vienna is located in the lively shopping area of the Mariahilfer Strasse, near the West Station. Whether you wish to visit St. Stephan's Cathedral, Schonbrunn Palace or the Prater, you can quickly and comfortably reach all of these destinations by local public transport which you are allowed to use for the whole of the area of the city with the FreeCityTicket which is already included in the price of your room. Destinations somewhat further away, such as Vienna Airport, can be reached quickly and effortlessly via the motorway junction only 5 km from the hotel. The 179 spacious, well-furnished, sound-proofed rooms together with a pleasant, modern atmosphere and professional service combine to make your city trip to Vienna an unforgettable experience. The InterCityHotel in the centre of Vienna is also the ideal partner for the business guest. Six rooms for conferences and events catering for up to 100 guests leave nothing to be desired and make your business stay at our hotel both pleasant and comfortable. For all InterCityHotels concerned the usage of the WLAN is free of charge up to 256 KB/s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your IntercityHotel Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercityhotel Hotel Vienna
- Vienna Intercityhotel Hotel