“Not a very clean hotel”

Hotel Atlantis Vienna
Ranked #177 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had not a very good feeling because our executive double room was not clean enough. The bed sheets were not clean and we had to ask twice at the reception before they were changed, i.e we had to wait until the third day of our stay. In addition, the floor was quite dusty. We gained the impression that the room was not cleared very well. Also, the carpets in the hotel corridors were dirty. Not very pleasant. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. At least, the metro station was very close.

• Stayed: December 2012
atlantis069, Manager at Hotel Atlantis Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you have not felt comfortable with us and that your room was not properly cleaned. We would have liked to offer you a different room if we knew on spot.

I really hope to have you with us yet again and to convince you of our high standard and quality of our room. Be ensured that we can do better !

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ideally located a short distance to the Subway and Vienna's Westbahnhof railway station. Each morning we walked one block to the subway to travel to the day's planned tourist sites. Then at the end of our stay, we rode the subway one stop to take the ICE train to Germany. We also had free WiFi available each day by going to reception and getting new accounts. We did not sign up for breakfast.

There is major construction going on inside the shopping mall building that houses this hotel. It wasn't a big problem for us because we were usually up before the NOISE began. We returned rather late at night after the workers had gone home. If you like to sleep in, there is going to be a problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Isabel B
atlantis069, Manager at Hotel Atlantis Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking your time to send us a nice review of your stay in our hotel. I am very glad that you liked our hotel and that you had a pleasant stay.
At the moment we are rebuilding a second elevator next door and the construction will be finished at the end of October 2012. There will only be some noise during daytime, there should be no problem with sleeping !
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel !

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I attended a convention at Vienna and Atlantis was the best choice for me considering the short time for preparations. They had ample rooms to accommodate me and my company's delegates. As a 4-star hotel, though, I was expecting more.

Atlantis has a good location. Good location in the sense that it is just beside a mall, near good restaurants and near the public transport.

Being beside the mall was advantageous for us because we were able to buy things which were not present in the hotel. Some of the things that are not provided are complimentary water, dental kit, shoe cleaning kit and soap. Yes, there was no soap but the hotel provided liquid soap that is good for hair and body as well. So if you are quite meticulous about the quality of shampoo or conditioner, its best if you just bring your own.

Atlantis has two buildings. 1 is the main (with the lobby) and the other was a few meters away. To get there, you have to walk from the main lobby. And if you are checked in those rooms, no bell boy will help you push or carry your luggages. So you have to all do it on your own.

Once you get to the room, you will notice that it has a modern design and is very clean. There is an LCD TV but only 1 channel is in English. The rest are in German (or other languages that I don't understand).

Also, there was no ready clothes iron and ironing board. Although you can request for it, I was hoping they would readily provide it.

During my stay in the hotel, the internet was down. Although they provided free internet, I was not able to use it because the LAN was not working. I still had to go to the lobby (few meters away) to connect to the internet (via wifi) or use the provided desktop at the lobby for free.

By the way, there is no gym in this hotel. I brought along my gym attire but was not able to use them.

The service was good but I cannot say that all personnel were courteous and accommodating. Some were very helpful but some were just being there and were somewhat pissed with too much inquiries especially about the internet connection.

The buffet breakfast was also good although they did not change the menu the whole time we were there. It was the same breakfast each and every day.

Overall, my stay was good. The service was good, some are very accommodating while some were not, the breakfast was good, the rooms are big enough, even the comfort rooms, and the amenities are very basic. Although there were some things missing, it doesn't hurt the fact that it is already worth your money. I just hope that they improve so that they can live up to their rating as a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vincent M
atlantis069, Manager at Hotel Atlantis Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your response. We certainly will approve and will discuss your requested points in our next meeting.

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel soon and I am looking forward to your next reservation !

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have spent three nights recently in this hotel in Vienna: the hotel is located in a part of the city that is not really safe and clean!! The most astonishing part of this experience has been the behaviour of the personell in the breakfast room: they were laughing about the guests: expecially about a gay couple and some old people!!! We have reported these fatcs to the reception and the manager said that it is normal !!!! By the way...they were working in the building but we didn't receive any notice in advance!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luca F

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding during your stay in our hotel. Our young staff in the breakfast area did not laugh about our guests, they have talked to each other privately for which I am very sorry for. We will discuss their behavior in our next meeting.

From May on we have renewed 37 rooms on the 4th floor which we could finish on the 21st of September 2012. End of September there were some construction noise because of the new elevator but only during day time and only for one day. We have informed all our guests directly in the hotel that there could be some noise.

Again I am truly sorry that your stay was not as you expected but I do hope that you will give us another chance to ensure you of our good service !
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel !

Reviewed August 29, 2012

20th August - 27th August 2012 Room 319. Son was in 318

Excellent Hotel, Very Clean, Lovely choice of food for Breakfast. very comfortable beds. We asked for an extra pillow each, which was no problem. Staff extremely helpful and polite, and all spoke English. Exceptionally quite at night.(Sound Proofed) Very good self controlled air conditioning.

Next door to the 'Lugar City' shopping centre, which is very good.

Only thing we missed was complimentory Tea / coffee Making in the bedrooms which is standard in the UK and Ireland.(Just longed for a cup of tea in the mornings.) Otherwise it is a great hotel, I / we would recommend it to friends

Very near the Metro, and trams very convenient for disabled people. (Husband Disabled) also if you use the trams use the modern ones for disabled (not older Trams) We noticed on Metro or trams young people gave up their seats for us white haired oldies,Thank you to them.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a memorable week. D & H. Graham

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heppy66
atlantis069, Manager at Hotel Atlantis Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel. We are happy to offer your a complimentary coffee-making facilities during your next stay, we currently offer this only in the apartments.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a pleasant stay in Vienna and hope to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Alaina1985

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our family stayed here in mid July. Hotel is about 15 minutes walk from Wien Westbahnhof. It is not within sightseeing area but is easy to access to city centre by taking tram or metro. Tram and Metro stops are nearby. Beside the hotel, there is a shopping mall with supermarket and food shops inside. It is not easy to find a restaurant nearby during the night. As we arrived late, we could only find a foodstall outside the metro station selling hamburger and kebab and the food are quite delicious. The surrounding area of the hotel is quiet at night. It is not advisable to walk alone because we found some people gathered outside the shopping mall at night and shouting, but I think no safety problem. Overall the hotel is above average. We don't know our rooms are in new building or not, I believe should be in old building (just same building with the Reception). Rooms are clean. Tea and coffee prepared. Before arriving, we requested hotel to arrange 3 rooms on same floor and they kindly did it. One of our rooms is more spacious but the air conditioning was not cool enough. We didn't try their breakfast because it seems to be expensive. No wifi is provided unless you pay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ritali294217
atlantis069, Manager at Hotel Atlantis Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you have felt comfortable with us. Next door at the mall, there are some Restaurants which have opened up to 11 p.m. to offer various food f.e. Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Turkish and of course Austrian.
I hope that you will try our delicious breakfast buffet next time and I am looking forward to welcoming you back with us soon!