Lowest prices for your stay
$73
Mercure
$73
travelup.com
$63
1,413 results
All reviews train station shopping street convenient location excellent location minute walk public transport wien city mariahilferstrasse kettle supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2017

This was the 3rd hotel in the Mercure chain that poked and it seems like an hider hotel that has been updated but could use a little work in the guest rooms. The lobby is nice, breakfast buffet generous and staff was very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank Diane Z
MarkHuber, Manager at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear Diane Z,

Thank you for staying with us at Mercure Wien Westbahnhof and for taking the time to review your visit. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed our services and your overall stay with us. As we are highly committed to providing quality services for our guests, we really do appreciate positive feedback but I also appreciate your honest critique. We have plans for the future but we are unfortunately not able to change the whole layout of the rooms. We thank you for you patience, though and hope this is not too much of an inconvenience for you.

We hope to see you soon again and that our services will ensure another rewarding and enjoyable visit with us.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

If they said it's a 3 star hotel I would then say its services are moderately fair... but it is a 4*er.
Poor services, single rooms smaller than in London (If you can imagine that). Not all rooms have safety boxes! in this 4* hotel.
Internet speed takes you back to the 54k modem dial up era.
Dated furniture and poorly maintained bathrooms.
For the good staff, I would say its convenient location near the train and metro station, its friendly personnel and the sauna.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ZPtraveller
MarkHuber, Manager at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear ZPtraveller,

I am very pleased that you took the time to review your visit with us at Mercure Wien Westbahnhof. Thank you for your review, the nice feedback, and also for your critique and suggestions on improvement. We take your input very seriously and I have already discussed it with the managers and colleagues in charge.

Please accept my apologies for the safe. If you would like to book for next time, these categories comes with an in-room safe box automatically: Superior and Privilege Rooms and the Suite.

Oh your behalf I have already contacted our internet provider to verify the speed of the connection and ask to fix it if necessary.

We really appreciate your positive words for the service quality of our team and are more than happy to pass them along to the respective staff members. Our employees take pride in your satisfaction and it keeps them motivated in their daily efforts to provide exceptional services.

I sincerely hope that your next visit will leave you completely satisfied. We would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

The hotel is superbly located for transport links, train, bus, Subway/Ubahn, and Tram/Sbahn. It's right next to Westbahnhof (train station) but a bit difficult to see as it took me about 20 minutes to find. You'll find yourself at the main entrance to Westbahnhof - face away from the station and look to your left, you'll see Hotel Motel One. Walk towards that and Mercure is just around the corner and across the street.

We were given an air conditioned room (some of the rooms don't have AC) which was fortunate as it was very hot in Vienna during our stay. The room itself was quite old, however, it was very clean and comfortable. I ordered room service the first night ,as I didn't feel like going out after a 10 hour flight and a 20 minute walk with my luggage, and it arrived very quickly. The food was a bit pricey and was nothing special.

The breakfast buffet was really good, well cooked with a decent selection.

The staff were very helpful and professional.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MarkHuber, Manager at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Paul M,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time to review your stay at Mercure Wien Westbahnhof.

We are very pleased that you rated us highly to highest in almost all categories and are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Our guests deserve the best.

It is of great importance to us that you were satisfied with our services. The high ratings and positive remarks in that particular category made us very happy and after I gladly passed on both results to my team, I would like to say a sincere “thank you” on their behalf.

We hope to welcome you as our guest soon again.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Make sure you order a room with air conditioning if that matters to you. Not all rooms are created equal. I was with a tour group. We all paid the same amount for our rooms, but only some of us got air conditioning. I had a single room, it was TINY. Which was fine since I didn't spend much time in it anyway. The breakfast was fantastic. The coffee delicious AND they have to-go cups!

Room tip: Ask for Air Conditioning
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
MarkHuber, Manager at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear DeenMerc,

thank you very much for your review on the stay at our Mercure Wien Westbahnhof.
We very much appreciate the high ratings as well as the great feedback on our breakfast. We are committed to providing our guests with the best possible start to their day - a nutritious breakfast that offers fresh ingredients, a variety of choices, and quality products, even the coffee-to-go. Great that you appreciate it.

I do regret however that you have had a room without air conditioning. You can choose from these categories for your next stay to make sure you have the room with a/c: Superior room, Privilige room and Suite.

I am glad that you raised the issue though. This way we can act immediately and keep working on our commitment to achieve excellence.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

nice hotel, efficient at both check-in and check-out; the room was a little old, but clean, the bathroom very nice. The location is great, just 2 minutes away from the train station and connection to two underground lines, especially going into the centre of town is very convenient!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MarkHuber, Manager at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Dear LittleAlex,

thank you very much for your review on your stay at our Mercure Wien Westbahnhof. Our guests deserve the best and we make every effort to meet your expectations.

I will gladly pass on your review to my front desk team. Positive feedback from our guests in response to our daily efforts to provide excellent services is both rewarding and highly encouraging.

We really hope to be able to welcome you again as our guest.