Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ruby Marie Hotel Vienna(Vienna)
1,091 results
All reviewstrain stationwelcome drinktea coffee making facilitiesconvenient locationexcellent locationthe main shopping streetminute walkeasy accesscentral viennabreakfast roomwiencitymariahilferstrassereachablestopsreceptionistkettle
Reviewed September 24, 2012

One block from the Westbahnof station, this is a great spot to use as home base when exploring Vienna. Quick access to the subways, buses and trams, we came in from the airport and used it as a central point between our daughter's concerts at Schonbrunn and St. Peter's. Good wifi in the room, not particularly luxurious, but clean and cozy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
cseibert, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear guest,

we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Wien Westbahnhof. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked this hotel for our last night in Vienna to be close to the station in the morning. That was a good move but choosing this hotel was not. We were in a room on the second floor. I have never seen such utterly worn out carpets. paper thin, stained and torn both in the corridor and in the room. Neither myself or my husband would stand on the floor in bare feet! The bed was comfortable and the sheets clean. Towels clean but worn very thin. The general state of the hotel had a look (and an aroma) of being old and worn out.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsC56
cseibert, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to describe your impressions regarding your stay in our hotel.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the inconveniences described!

We have already 170 rooms renovated, these can be booked as "classic" or"superior" category in the internet. During your stay, few of these rooms have been available, so that we could change your room to feel more comfortable.
Our plans are to renovate the last 82 room in 2013, so that all carpets will be new.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hotel Mercure is located right outside Wien Westbhanhof station which is the most important station in the city whether you want to explore Vienna itself or you want to take train to some other place. They call it a 4 star hotel; however there are no luxuries of the kind involved. I stayed here for 1 day before moving to Ruthensteiner close by which is far more value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Wien Westbahnhof. It is always a pleasure to receive mainly positive feedback except the price/value ratio.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a business trip and how I ended up booking this hotel is still not clear to me. As a general rule, business trip on company expense always means a good hotel – whatever country or city.

The biggest disappointment about this stay is that there is no way this is a four-star hotel. Some parts of it are three stars and some are closer to two.

The first thing I saw as my taxi was pulling up to the building was a huge sign saying “sex shop”. Nothing wrong with sex shops but when one is sharing the same building with your hotel it is somewhat of a telling sign – that either you are in Soho, or that the area is not that great. Or both.

Here’s what I found wrong with the hotel:

- The first room that I was given didn’t have air conditioning. Is it even still possible for four-star hotels in European capitals not to have air conditioning?? I was in Vienna on (allegedly) the hottest day since records began, so spending the night in a room where temperature was approaching 30 degrees wasn’t an option.

- The carpets quite possibly are not dirty but worn out beyond recognition. That’s the first thing that springs out at you as you exist the lift on 2nd floor.

- Same goes for the room – old stained carpet, feels like a dodgy motel room near a highway somewhere in Chicago suburb.

- Towels – quite possibly relatively clean but they have been used before. A lot.

- Internet – you actually have to plug in a cable into your laptop and then chose an “internet” option on… TV. Eventually connection comes on but quickly disappears.

All in all it did feel like a backpacker hotel (well, never really stayed in one but pretty sure that’s what it probably must feel like to be in one).

The deal breaker was the absence of air conditioning. It was incredibly hot.

I went back to reception and asked to be moved to another room, the one that had AC. I was told that there wasn’t one available. Ok, I said, I’m checking out, forget it. All of a sudden a room became available and I was moving with all my stuff to the 8th floor – across the lobby to an adjoining building.

The room was this hotel’s version of a suite – a small reception room and a tiny sleeping alcove. It actually had two air conditioning units – one in the reception and one in the bedroom. (why not move one of the ACs to a room without an AC – beats me).

Here I found the following:

- Wi-Fi was actually available in this room (again – why only this room and not in other rooms – I have no idea).

- TV was not in the bedroom but in the reception room. Ok, fine. The funniest thing, though, was that all of the 10 or so channels I flicked through were showing the same film! So, same channel on all of the ten channels. At that point I was starting to find this amusing – how did they manage that!

- The AC was so loud that I eventually turned it off. Then I woke up to turn it on because it was getting toasty quite quickly. Then I turned it off again because I couldn’t fall asleep for the noise it was making. The night alternated in a similar fashion.

Not much to add to this apart from – seriously, guys, you can’t be calling this a four-star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Great_Expectations75
cseibert, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to apologise for the inconveniences described!

We have already 170 rooms renovated and equipped with air condition. During your stay, the temperature in Vienna was extraordinary high, unfortunatly the air condition could not cool down to 20 degrees.

72 rooms of them have free wireless internet connection which can be booked as "Superior" rooms in the internet, while all other 180 rooms offer in room high speed internet via cable without charge. The rooms are described in the Internet at this way, and as I can see, you have choosen a standard room without these services for the cheapest daily rate.

We offered you the upgrade without charge.

We are sorry to hear that you had problems with the television.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The location is great. From the airport take take a bus going to Westbahnhof station /bus ride about 40min/Price is 7eur one way, 13eur return ticket. The hotel is about 150meter/ 170yards from the station where the bus stops. Clean rooms, friendly staff,quiet place to sleep.The shower needs improvement/higher water pressure,better shower cabins....Good for a 2-3 night stay!

Room Tip: Non smoking room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
cseibert, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Mercure Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Damjan,