“Very good hotel, large rooms, tricky but very good location.”
Review of NH Wien City

NH Wien City
Ranked #88 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The entrance of the hotel is a little tricky. They say it's located on Mariahilferstrase, but it's actually on the back side. You may enter from Mariahilfer, but not after 01:00h when the metro station Neubaugasse is closed. Then you have to go from the back street. Positive side is that you are literally sitting on top of the U-bahn (subway/metro), so there's no walking to the nearest metro station. Absolutely no noise from the trains however.
Mariahilfer is Vienna's longest shopping street. The hotel is almost in the middle of it, very close to the Museum square, and about 10 minutes walking to the Stadt Opera or 20 minutes to Stephansdom. Not the best possible location, but very, very good.
Other than the slight inconvenience of not being able to enter from Mariahilfer after midnight, the hotel was great. The rooms are very large, actually the room consists of two rooms - bedroom and living room, with two flat-screen TV sets. Bathroom may be entered from both rooms, which is convenient.
Furniture is new, very good quality. Floor is wooden, which I do not prefer, but this is just a matter of taste.
The living room has a desk, chairs, sink, refrigerator, plates, forks, knives and so on.
We really felt like we rented an apartment, instead of just a hotel room. There is space for all your stuff, including spacious desk for a laptop or two. If one person decides to go to bed early, that's ok too, as the door between the two rooms ensures some privacy.
I've stayed in a lot of hotels in Vienna, in this price range this is the best I've seen, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Book online for nice discounts. Reception price is 20% higher.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

NH Wien Hotel is located in the very comfortable area. Museum quater and Hoffbourg are near. Quality of room service and staff personal are very good. i prefer to stay in this place on my next visits in Wienna.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My experience is great starting from the Check in until the Check out ,they reserved a taxi to drop me at the airport with flat rate and I found it cheaper than the regular taxi ,because at the time when I take a taxi from the airport it’s more expansive ,but the only issue is they don’t have an option to do early check in because my flight arrived early morning and I reach the hotel at 11:00 A.M and I don’t have option , I need some rest after a long flight moreover I do the reservation for a long time ago and I try to find a way to have the check in ,but unfortunately there is no option .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great Breakfast buffet!! Excellent location since it is near the entrance of the underground metro.However it's a bit difficult to locate this hotel due to it's interior location. Good value for the price.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We really wanted to rest and relax in Vienna, and NH Wien hotel was perfect for that. It was our second experience with the NH brand, and they delivered! The rooms were clean and of excellent quality and even if it is in the middle of the biggest shopping street in Vienna, it was fantastically quiet. We were able to hide from the world in our room, and that is a compliment for any hotel.

They were even able to check in us early, without a fuss, and they have free Wi-Fi for normal users (and high speed internet at a cheap rate for business users). We did not try the breakfast as we chose to go native and ate at the local Würstelstand for breakfast (highly recommended when in Vienna).

Room Tip: Book through the NH website to get really good promotional rates. Talk to the reception, they are fr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheRezels
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I only had one night here and it was a business trip, so it was very close to the clients offices, so convenience was perfect. It was also a straight-shot to the CAT train so it made it really easy. The neighbourhood is well equipped for shopping and there's quite a few restaurants close by. The hotel and room itself was OK, nothing really special. It wasn't the easiest entrance to find, but they did have a special offer for the whole mini-bar. Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough to take advantage of it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I spent hours and days to find the perfect hotel to accommodate my family of four for our 10 day trip to Vienna. We were going to visit my son who is attending the University and we wanted him to stay with us while we were there. Since our children our 22 and 24, I needed separate beds for them. (Lots of places have sofa sleepers). We preferred to be very close to the City Centre, needed adjoining rooms, a living room area with kitchenette, A/C that we control, some type of exercise equipment, hopefully a sauna or steam room, FREE WiFi and all of this had to be in my daily price range for a hotel. That is why it took me hours and days to find this one, lots of criteria. I found all of this in some of the luxury hotels, but would have been paying, for each room, in the high $300.00 - $600.00 a night range or a suite that didn't have the extra room and only a sofa bed in the living room with one bath as well; I didn't want to do that. Yes, there are compromises with a hotel like this; very plain, no grand entrance, no grand lobby, no great view from our rooms, the towels were not fluffy, cozy towels, in fact, when mine get this stiff they become rags. But, for the time we were there, we all survived and were just fine. They provided the basic toiletries, which were fine also because we do bring our own favorites. They have hairdryers, make-up mirrors, a safe, small closets with some drawers and plenty of outlets. I paid to have the breakfast included and I am so glad I did. It opens at 7:00 and goes till 11:00am. It is not a restaurant, it is a breakfast room with many tables. They have a nice variety of food and several staff there to replenish and to bring coffee to the table if you prefer that over the wonderful self-help machine. All the staff is very friendly and accommodating. In the lobby there is a small corner where you can have a cocktail, etc. In the morning, that area has coffee and croissants for on the go. (There is also a little bakery/cafe just steps away in the building next door.) They have two exercise machines and a sauna room off the lobby area, again nothing fancy, but nice. There are a couple of massage chairs on the other side of the lobby and a small business area. The hotel has free WiFi, but you must get a new code every 24 hours and put up with refreshing it when not in constant use, again we were just fine. My daughter was on her Instagram and Facebook all the time. You will only receive three English stations, CNN, BBC and the equivalent to Nick, I believe. Our rooms were very quiet and they have black out shades on the windows, so we were nice and cozy and slept way too long the first morning. The hotel sits between two streets, one is the longest shopping street in Europe, I believe. The other we took to find many local bars, cafes and restaurants. Everything is close! The subway is 1 minute away, as well. We walked all around the city centre and found wonderful, hidden local bars, taverns, cafes, restaurants, etc. We were, in many cases, the only tourists in the place, loved that! We also never had a problem with the language, there is always someone who speaks English. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and affordable place to sleep, this is it.

Room Tip: We had what they call a Suite; living room with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. The TV swivels f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family