NH Wien City
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Esterhazy(Vienna)
1,306 results
All reviewsshopping streetparallel streetgreat locationseparate bedroommetro stationhotel entranceliving areamuseum quartersuperior roommini barfree wifimain shoppingcentral locationpleasant stayrooms are spaciousdouble bedbreakfast buffet is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'll try to keep this review very simple and break it down by major consideration factors:

1. The Location. Great. Located right on the major shopping street Mariahilfer Strasse. The hotel, while on this busy street, was set back a little, and not noisy at all. It was also practically on top of the metro, for a short trip to the Ringstrasse. You could also take a 10 minute walk to get there along the shopping avenue.

2. The Price. Very affordable. Not a budget Hotel, but not overpriced like everything in the Ringstrasse. We paid about $125 USD/ night.

3. The Room, Awesome! The Standard room is a Suite, Bedroom, Bathroom, Living area, Bar, and Kitchenette. Very spacious, clean and modern.

4. The staff. Very friendly. Speak English. Very willing to make a restaurant reservation or provide directions.

5. Facilities and Services. We were here on Holiday, so we didn't take advantage of the fitness center or other amenities. They looked nice. The hotel did offer complimentary Wifi, just stop by the front desk to get the access code.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pete C
Reviewed July 23, 2013

At the NH you get what you expect: a very modern, very clean room with nice bathroom. Its central location (right on Vienna's main shopping street, close to museums and next to a metro station) is great, yet I would only go back when not travelling by car (finding the parking in the one-way street system is a challenge!) What it lacks in character it makes up for in good service and tidiness.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here as a last minute decision. If coming by car enter via the back street not Mariahilfe strasse you can then park you car under the portico unload your bags and then use the under ground car park for $19 euro per night. The rooms are quite large with a small kitchenette and then a separate bedroom and a fold out couch as a further bed. No views from this hotel and no real area to unwind except the lobby which is very stark. No gardens or outdoor seating. Did not have breakfast here so can't comment. Free wifi is available and tea and coffee making facilities are in the room, however you have to go downstairs to ask for sachets of tea and coffee and milk. The location is good no more than a 8-10 minute brisk walk into the centre of Vienna near Stephans Dome. Little bit light on good restaurants in the area but plenty of cheaper style cafe's or eaterys if that's what you want. This street is the longest shopping street in Vienna so no problem for choice of shopping!
I would recommend as a base for a family not wanting to pay top dollar for staying right I the centre of Vienna.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked 4 nights in this hotel for a long weekend in Vienna. Upon arrival 30min before the 2pm check in time my room was not ready. I had to wait a further 90min to gain access. Hotel staff were very cold and unaccomodative. The "gym" is actually a 2 x 2 m small room with a broken bicycle & stairmaster. I complained and nothing was done to fix the equipment. Hotel stairs, corridors and communal areas were all dirty. The towels in the room were ancient and so disgusting. There' s no room service available. One must beg for extra tea/ coffee bags to use in the room at reception and must then hear we are "out of stock". This might qualify as a two star hotel. Simply a ripoff for the price! Not recommended and I will never book a NH Hotel again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Kameeltjie
Reviewed June 30, 2013

So I needed a hotel for my last night in Vienna. I needed a good hotel because I had just come out from the hospital after an emergency surgery. I made my reservation online and expressly stated my condition, and upon my arrival I found out they gave me a room in a bulding separate from the reception, and on the 6th floor! I was shocked to find out they didn't have room service ( I can forgive them for not having a restaurant at a central street ), so for teas I had to get out of my room, push the heavy doors and walk all the way to the reception, which was hard for me since I had to be lying down:( The room was comfortable with nice colours, the internet worked fine, but when I arrived the kitchen bin was full from the previous guest, which is inacceptable. The breakfast was very nice, although they don't serve you your tea or coffee there either. Finally, on my check-out day, on my way from the reception to the other building they cancelled my key-cards because they thought I had to check-out at noon and threatened to charge me extra for staying longer, whereas my booking on the internet expressly said checking in and out was from 3 pm to 3pm the next day. I would say the commodities are of good quality, but their service is definately not 4 stars, hence neither is their price's worth.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo