“Good hotel & location in Vienna”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of NH Wien Belvedere

NH Wien Belvedere
Ranked #102 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Good hotel & location in Vienna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

You never know what you will get when you book a hotel via the internet, but we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel was, the room comfort & size & the location. The hotel was a pleasant walk to the old town of Vienna.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

NHBelvedere, Manager at NH Wien Belvedere, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our NH Belvedere for your stay in Vienna.

We are pleased about your positive statements regarding your stay with us and would like you to know, that we have informed our employees about your comments. Since we all, the entire staff, contribute to you feeling comfortable during your stay, we consider this an important step towards being excellent hosts.

Once again we would like to thank you for your feedback and we would be very glad to welcome you once more in our hotel.

Best regards,
Alexandra Rassl
Deputy Manager
NH Belvedere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Salzburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend in Vienna. Turned out to be a good choice. The hotel is a modern building. Our room (superior) was very spacious, obviously recently furnished, had a modern design and very comfortable beds. For me the best four star hotels I have stayed in in Vienna so far. Although our room faced the Rennweg street, very quiet inside, We did not hear any noise from the traffic. An extra plus for the attentive service. The remote control for the TV did not work late in the evening. Called reception and within a minute someone came to fix it.
The hotel is close to the concert hall; for the main tourist attractions it is a 15 to 20 min walk but there is a tram stop just accross the street and the Rennweg train station (with trains to the airport) only a minute away.
Have not used the SPA or other amenities, so I cannot comment on these.

K.M.

Room Tip: Superior rooms offer good value.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Located just outside of Vienna's "inner ring" the hotel was in a beautiful old building which was easy to find from the metro station. The receptionists were all extremely sweet and helpful. Our first room was enormous, however it was on the 1st floor facing the street, so it was a little noisy with the cars going by. I asked the receptionist if there was another room to change to since I can be a light sleeper and in one minute she had a new key for me in a quiet room facing the patio. We slept very well and the room was completely silent.

The wifi works great in the hotel. They also have a computer and printer which was handy to print our boarding passes out on.

The rooms need a bit of an update, but very clean. We had a pleasant stay and cannot complain since we only spent 58 euros for the night.

Getting to the airport was painless. The airport line (S7) picks up at the nearest metro station (Rennweg).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Was accidentally booked into this hotel (really wanted to be near the VIC but the manager did his best to relocate me. Far cheaper to stay put. Had an opportunity to use the Underground/Overground Metro to explore the city. Breakfast was good, rooms quiet and reasonably well appointed. The real bonus was the amiability and helpfulness of the staff. Apples on the front desk too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is an old rambling building. The entrance and reception areas are dull and uninspiring.

I agree with other reviewers that the bed was very comfortable but, otherwise, I found the facilities disappointing. The television, for example, was set within a cabinet and was not easily viewed if you were lying on the bed.

I wanted a bath, but when I filled it, I found it was full of brown water, presumably stained by old pipes. I wouldn't suggest the water was unhealthy or unclean but it created a very poor impression. Sticking with the bathroom, I have also found an accurate guide to the quality of hotel services is whether the housekeeping staff have been instructed to provide fresh shampoo, shower gel, etc. each day. If they don't, but prefer to leave their clients with partly-used bottles, this indicates, to my mind, a management that seeks to save money wherever possible. The management at this hotel failed the test.

The WiFi is indeed free but rather than being able to log straight into a hotel server, one is directed to a Swisscom provider. (Presumably Swisscom gives some discounted rate to the hotel in return for being able to advertise itself.). It was impossible to log in and stay logged in - one constantly had to reinsert username and password details. It made for a frustrating experience, which is unnecessary in most hotels, so why not here? I subsequently received a survey request from Swisscom; you are obliged to provide your email address during the initial log-in process. The survey, however, was as much a marketing device as it was seeking customer feedback.

What really frustrated and disappointed me was the absence in the room of any coffee/tea making facilities. The provision of those is surely absolutely routine these days and can be found in even the cheapest bed-shop discount Travel Lodge, Premier Inn or motel.

I expected, for the price charged, to find myself in a quality hotel, albeit not a luxury hotel. If this is a good example of the NH chain, I'll avoid them like the plague. There is no way I would recommend the Belvedere to anyone and I will never stay there again.

I realize that TripAdvisor reviews inevitably produce sometimes dramatically different opinions. I am, however, astonished that other reviewers were satisfied with the facilities provide here. I can only presume that the rooms allocated to them differed dramatically from the one I occupied.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aberdeenangler
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I do not quite agree with the other positive evaluations of this hotel. It might be 4* in theory but my experience was more of a 3*. The hotel needs investment. The entrance hall is not charming at all and the upstairs coridoors reminiscent of a converted office building. Our room for the weekend (313) has a huge bleach stain in the carpet and the street side windows were loose so one could hear the street well enough. The only plus points are the discount pricing and location. As a simple bed for the night it sort of works.

Room Tip: Ask for garden facing rooms away from the street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David K
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Check in was fast and easy. We got a special rate online for €49.50. We had a large room with a nice view of the gardens. It was a short 10 minute walk from the Karlplatz metro which was also near a lovely market on Saturday. The bed was so comfortable and I slept like a log! I wouldn't pay full price but if you get a discount, book it! It is also near a pretty foundation

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple