I stayed at JUFA Wien for a one-day trip to Vienna and it was good for me. It's an excellent value and it's perfectly located in regards to the airport, Erdbergstrasse bus station, and U3 line. The staff was very helpful and the hotel is very well maintained. There are a few issues that aren't very big issues if you're prepared ahead of time.
Things to Know Before You Stay:
- The area near the hotel is under construction, so it's kind of awkward walking there. Not creepy or anything, but there's a lot of things being built around it. By the way, I was there on a Saturday/Sunday, so I don't know what it's like during the weekdays, but there might be some noise.
- It's not near the city center. It's located in kind of an industrial looking area. This totally doesn't matter though because it's a hop, skip, and jump from the U3 (toward Ottakring) which can take you downtown in like 30 minutes. Just do your planning, mapping, and whatnot beforehand and you'll be okay.
- Check in is at/after 2pm. Firmly. Even though I made a note on my reservation that we'd arrive around 11am, our room wasn't ready until after 3pm. It was kind of frustrating because we were very tired, but I used the extra time to get some shopping done.
- There's no phone in the room. It's really not that big of a deal, but be prepared to have to head down to the front desk if you have a request.
- The soap for the shower is located next to the sink. It's in a dispenser, it smells good, but it's located next to the sink and not inside the shower. So, squirt the soap into a cup or just bring your own soap or shower gel. Again, you'll be okay.
- The WiFi is really fickle. You'll have to sign in and out a lot. It's kind of frustrating, but the front desk can help if it's being particularly awful.
- We only got one key card. This ordinarily wouldn't be much of a problem, however you need to have the key in the room for the lights to work, but you also need the key to access the floor on which you're staying. Remember how I mentioned the lack of phone? In the event that you need to run downstairs to talk to the front desk, you have to leave your travel companion(s) sitting in a dark room. So, maybe try asking for two keys at check in.
It's a lovely hotel, the beds are comfortable, the shower feels fantastic, it's in a super location for those arriving via bus or airplane. Overall, it's a great value. But be prepared to sacrifice a bit of luxury for the awesome price tag. I'd totally stay here again though.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JUFA Hotel Wien City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.