“Would stay here again”

Ranked #334 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
San Francisco
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Not the most fashionable location in Vienna, but close to the metro and the Sudbahnhof. This is a budget hotel with remodeled rooms. There were original oil paintings, which is not something you see everywhere. The staff have tried to make this a pleasant place to stay. I felt like I got my money's worth.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Den Haag
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is a really cute hotel, but what makes it good is the staff! They are EXTREMELY helpful and paitent. I think the walls are a little thin.. in the fact I can hear when someone is entering a neighboring room, but other than that it was well worth the money considering the similar hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
North Devon
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Despite the unfavourable reviews, four of us stayed in this hotel in two rooms for three nights last week. I get the impression that people expect 5 star quality for 3 star prices. We all thought breakfast was very good with both hot and cold choices. Remember that breakfast on the continent is not the typical English breakfast. Our room was facing the back so the view was nothing to write home about. It was clean and warm with a good bed, which is all we required after all the walking we did in Vienna. The cleaning lady came every day, changing the towels and tidying up. We had a big bathroom with a shower in the bath and a hairdryer. There is also a TV and fridge in the room. No tea making facilities, we always take our own kettle, etc on the continent as most hotels do not supply. It is close to the underground, although we walked everywhere (and we are all in our 60's). All the hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. I would have no hesitation is staying there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank JohnMNorthDevon
Saskatoon Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was only in Vienna for one night so this hotel was fine. Close to sudbahn train stn, clean, safe, walking distance to Belvedere Palace. Multi-lingual staff.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank takayaV
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Probably wouldn't stay there again. The people at the front desk were nice enough, and the property is close to some sights. You need to take a tram or walk to see most things though. My room was very small, but it was a room. It is very close to SudBahnhof, which can be a good thing. I took a day trip to Bratislava from this station. They had a breakfast every morning, which wasn't any thing special, but it was free. If I were to visit Vienna again, I would want to stay closer to the action though.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank arbrenner1

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Stockholm
Reviewed March 6, 2007

I chose this hotel for a business trip because of the convenient location relative to the premises I was to visit, despite the rather unsavoury neighbourhood.

Unfortunately, after checking in I discovered that the room I was booked in was abysmal. Cracks in the wall, large patches of moisture on the walls, absurdly hard beds. Also, the only source of light above the bed was a naked halogen lamp (!) (I wondered about the danger of ignition from that, so I turned it on as little as possible).

The bathroom was tolerably furnished and cleaned, though.

Overall, despite the rather friendly management this hotel is not fit for human habitation and ought to have been renovated years ago.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Horrible room
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BaryonicLord