“It could be better”

Ranked #333 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Milan, Italy
“It could be better”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Room was big enough, bed was good and very quiet to sleep.
Bathroom was bad, shower without a protection barrier to avoid water all over the room, toilet bowl was not screwed in the floor.
Hotel concierge very helpful, kind and courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sofia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have choosed to stay at this hotel because of the good location, price and stars rating. I have always believe that 3 stars hotels are a better place to stay for a few days holiday. I don't know who gave those stars to the hotel, but he/ she has made a big mistake. When I was coming back to the room in the evening I found that my wallet was missing from my rucksack, with my driving licence, credit cards and cash in it. I've closed it in the morning and later when I came back it was largely open. I went down to the front desk to tell what was happened. The employee told me to wait until the morning to call the police and then the manager may look to the cameras. I asked the lady to call the police. On the next morning, another employee told me that he doesn't know if the manager will come to the hotel and that the manager only has the password for the cameras. No manager at all for these two days. Nobody asked the housekeeping which lady has cleaned the room, nobody has looked to the cameras, absolutely nothing. I am totally disappointed of that attitude. I haven't even receive any excuse about that.
The staff is really unhelpful. I can't believe that this happened to me in Vienna, one of the best cities in the world... When I sent a complaint to the hotel management, the manager answered me that may be I've took my wallet with me during the day and somebody take it from the outside. However I'm not a sclerosis 78 year old lady and my bag wasn't open itself because it was bored to stay alone in the room all day long.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniela R

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Austria
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is located directly at the Gürtel which isn't exactly a nice location but its just a few meters from the U1 station that takes you to the heart of the city. Nothing fancy, but pretty ok for the money. The rooms are a bit outdated and the walls are thin but you can't expect a hilton in that price range. Breakfast is ok - for the price more than I expected. Staff is friendly. All in all a good bugdet hotel if you don't expect more than you payed for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Zrenjanin, Serbia
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

It is almost a terrible hotel near railway station. It is a hotel for max one night. Rooms are spacious but not clean especially bathroom. Poor sleep quality. Breakfast is ok. Hotel is two metro station away from the opera and three from the cathedral. Parking is not for free (some sites said it is free). You must pay a day ticket (10€) Hotel needs urgently renovation! Friendly staff!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ashkelon, Israel
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 night here,paid 158Euro breakfast included. Room for one is small with the window almost impossible to open because it's blocked by the head board of the bed, there's a tinny and old TV with Austrian channels and CNN , there's also a mini fridge, the room has no ventilation because you can't even open the window. Bathroom is tinny with 1 piece if soap and 1piece of shampoo. Flashing the toilet was tricky because water pressure is awful. Don't try to wash your hair you won't be able to wash the shampoo off, in the shower feels like the water goes everywhere but not on you, heater in the bathroom didn't work so it was a bit cold to get out from the tinny shower. Staff is ok, didn't ask them anything so can't sat if they're helpful or not.
Hotel is close to the metro station and just across the road from the new train station Hauptbahnhof. The neighborhood is ok though as a single woman traveler I didn't feel completely safe going alone there after dark. There are no restaurants or shops near the hotel.
The only thing that was very good was breakfast with a lot of choice so that was a good way to start the day but after sightseeing for the whole day the thought of going back to the room in this hotel was depressing.
Overall I guess I got what I paid for and didn't expect much but that hotel was way bellow any basic expectations.
Will not stay here again, my advise is pay more but go to a basic but nice hotel near city center.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo