“Great location, great people”

Starlight Suiten III Heumarkt
Ranked #137 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I don't want much from a hotel.

I want my room to be clean.

I want the staff to be helpful.

I want to location to be convenient.

The Starlight Heumarkt meets all three.

Just outside the ring road around the old core of Vienna and only 1 1/2 blocks from the Stadtpark U-bahn (subway) station, the location could hardly be better.

The suite was large with basic but comfortable furniture and certainly was clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

The prepaid price was very good for the first few days and competitive with comparable hotels on the last two days.

There really is no reason to complain at all.

I'll go back to this hotel on my next visit to Vienna.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Starlight Suiten III Heumarkt

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff were excellent, responded immediately to any requests. The room had all required items, no kettle though, so used the microwave to boil water. Requested iron and ironing board which were brought to the room within a couple of minutes. The room was specious and immaculately cleaned.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ukukukuk1416
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The Starlight Suiten Hotel is brilliant value. The Staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are large, clean and well equipped. The hotel is only a 20 minute walk from all the main attractions in Vienna and also right next to Stadtpark underground. The Konzerthaus is just around the corner and this has a concert series every bit as good as the Musikverein.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reirreug
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I read the positive reviews for this hotel on this site prior to my trip and was very impressed that I had a positive experience too. The customer service is phenomenal. The breakfast buffet is excellent with a wide variety of high quality fresh food. The interior of the hotel is not elaborate but clean, simple and modern. I travelled with my 9-month old son and my husband and they provided a lovely crib upon check-in - we checked in at 10am in the morning because of an early flight but they had a room ready for us in less than half-an-hour! I didn't have enough EU/US adaptors so the front desk gave me one plus an electric kettle for my 6-day stay to provide hot water for the baby's formula. The room was nice and clean and functional for a crawling infant. For someone who has traveled all over the world and has mostly stayed in major hotel chains, I must say that I was blown away by the quality and value of the Starlight Suiten Heumarkt!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank drgibs
Reviewed July 30, 2010

- Huge rooms
- Basic furnishings
- Quiet
- Very flat pillows, only two per room
- Location okay, but not great

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank MatkamiesFFT
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in early June and found it just perfect. We asked for a quiet room and got perhaps the quietest hotel room we've ever stayed in. The windows opened into a courtyard that was just a space between buildings - nobody could go out there - so it was really silent. We heard no doors slamming, no keys in the lock, nothing. The suite was really nice because the bedroom could be shut off from the living room, so one person could watch TV while the other slept. The location was great -- just a block from the subway and Stadt Park. And the girls at the front desk were very sweet and helpful. They found us a place to do the Viennese waltz, which was a big goal of ours. Last, but not least, the price was unbelievable. We got some sort of internet deal that amounted to a room rate of slightly more than $100 a night. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baee
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed here with 2 young children in April. The hotel is directly across from the Intercontinental, so it is in a good location. Stadt park is across the street. The suites are large and clean, but basic. The tub/shower was a little difficult with only a small screen at one end that made it hard to keep water from spraying onto the bathroom floor. We had a non-smoking room, but the hotel reeks of cigarette smoke. The person in the room next to us was smoking, and we could smell it in our room. So beware to those with respiratory issues. The customer service was great, very pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast that was provided free of charge consisted of rolls and jam. If you wanted cold cuts, cheese, etc. then you paid a 15 euro upcharge. We were happy with the continental breakfast. For the price, I was happy with the size of the suite, the cleanliness, the service, and the location. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family