“In short...”

Ranked #76 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
New York City, New York
“In short...”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

For this review I will simply list my pro and con points:

Pros:

- The hotel is well located just on the ring.

- The room is spacious with very very comfortable beds

- Most of the staff specially in the executive lounge is kind and professional

- Executive lounge for business travelers as myself is great

Cons:

- Be aware of few staff members, specially the witch from the reception. You will understand what I mean it when you see her and her broom ...

- It is possible to eat breakfast in the room, but it costs money 3.5 Euro per person. Other hotels, like Sofitel for example, offer it for free. This is really outrageous and I call all future Marriott guests to protest against it. If you are two people, you have to pay 7 Euro. I always give tip, so in this case it would be a total 10 Euro. Come on Marriott your breakfast isn't worth it, not to mention that if I eat in the room I save you dishes, seat and manpower to serve me, so why try to charge more for something already paid for?

I don't mind about the breakfast, for me a pastry and a coffee will do, it's a matter of principle. That is why I call upon all future guests to ask about the breakfast in the room and when you hear the charge, protest against it. Maybe this will make the hotel management realize they should stop this stealing, yes that's the word stealing.

That's all. I might have to go again to Marriott toward the end of the summer or go to Sofitel. If I have any new tips I will add a new review.

Bon Voyage !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 60763Eric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a very nice stay here at Marriot. There are many places to visit just near by for a good meal in the evening. Our Breakfast selection was varied and very nice on first day but when we went down a later on the second morning the selection was looking tired.
Comfortable rooms and all staff spoke various languages as my wife mother speaks no German or English, she found someone who speaks Hungarian a little and she was very happy...A BONUS! Thank you a very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregor O
Maplewood
Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time here in Vienna for my wife and I. We were very impressed with the hotel, staff and location. Our room faced the city park so we had a wonderful view. Very quiet and comfortable. Many sites were within close walking distance, For those who want a large cup of coffee there is a Starbucks a few blocks away!! We also had access to the executive lounge which was very good and convenient. Very expensive to eat and drink in this beautiful city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Husband and I spent 4 nights here at the end of a two week anniversary trip. We weren't sure what to expect as reviews are fairly mediocre, but it turned out to be a fantastic choice. As Marriott Platinum members, we received a complimentary room upgrade to the 7th floor with executive floor privileges. Our room was #706-a nice spacious king bed room with large windows overlooking the Stadtpark where the famous gold statue of composer Johann Strauss can be found. The view was lovely and the room was very clean and comfortable with an easy chair, ottoman, desk/chair, plenty of storage, nice tv with a few English speaking channels, mini bar, tea kettle/teas and ice bucket(ice machines on each floor). The bedding was clean and soft, mattress really comfy and plenty of pillow types to choose from. We slept very well, never hearing other guests during the day or night(not even any slamming doors)! The bathroom had a tub/shower combo, was very clean with decent lighting and nice vanity space. Full length mirror outside the bathroom was handy and also, large closets with shelves, in room safe and complimentary robes. AC with individual thermostat was nice although windows do open.

This hotel has everything you could want, even a car rental desk(Hertz), ATM in the lobby, shoe shine, etc. The location was great for us-we walked everywhere to see the sights. There is even an apothecary down the street if needed. We always felt safe in this area, even at night while walking back to the hotel. It is a beautiful area of Vienna.

We ordered room service two of our four nights as hubby had a cold and wasn't feeling well. The food was surprisingly good, portions large and service was fast. The Viennese potato soup was my favorite-they were even kind enough to print the recipe out for me!

We were very thankful for the use of the executive floor. The breakfasts were much more intimate and quiet, the selection was great, food delicious and service the best. We also made use of the privileges during the day with unlimited cold and hot drinks, desserts/snacks and especially fresh fruit. It was a wonderful benefit to have!

All staff that we encountered during our stay were friendly, from housekeeping to the room service waiter and even the nightly turn down service lady. The desk employees were unfailingly polite but professional. They were a big help to us with directions, maps and advice. We highly recommend the Vienna Marriott Hotel, hope to be back to stay with them again in the future and appreciate all they did to make our stay an enjoyable and memorable one!

Room Tip: Room 706 was very comfortable, spacious & quiet with a beautiful view of the park. Has a king b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stinkytoes10
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Vienna is one of the most magical cities in the world, and this location is perfect as a home base to walk to see the Lippenzanner Stallions & St Stephens Cathedral, and then sip a Cafe Mozart at one of the outdoor cafes Trotsky himself may have planned the revolution!
We loved walking to and from the Jewish quarter and pedestrian shopping district from the hotel.
Incredibly accommodating staff too!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the Easter weekend. I had not been to Vienna before, so I wanted to see as many of the historic sites as possible. I love to walk, so it was not a problem to walk the mile or so to St Stephen's and the palace and some amazing parks. I was very happy with the quietness of the hotel and with the friendliness of the staff, especially considering that these folks were working over an important holiday weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MsNance-TX
USA
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Vienna Marriott Hotel is the perfect place to stay when in Vienna. Its perfect location and wonderful amenities, not to mention a beautiful hotel makes this a perfect place. Checking in was quick and easy, people are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and the pool is awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family