“Good Value Hotel at Superb Location”

Vienna Marriott Hotel
Ranked #60 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Rooms are somewhat shabby but spacious. Location is superb, within 10 min of walking to Stephansdom and Museum Quarter. We asked for early check-in (about 10.30 am) and late check-out (15.00 pm) and were kindly obliged. The staff is polite and attentive.

Upgrade for executive package (including breakfast and internet access) is unnecessary and ridiculously expensive (addition of about 80 Euro to daily rate).

Swimming pool and and sauna help to relax after busy day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JollyRogerBiz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed in the Vienna Marriott for a business trip, I chose this hotel for its location and because I thought I would be guaranteed a good nights sleep. The location is great but is let down by the noise. I was kept awake until the early hours every night by doors slamming and guests talking in the hallway. The noise starts up again at 6am with more door banging. I stayed for 4 nights and this happened each and every night, when I told hotel staff they said it is a legal requirement that the doors need to slam shut (!). I left my stay in Vienna feeling thoroughly exhausted. Other low lights were trying to get a coffee from the cafe in the lobby and being told I should use the coffee machine instead as their machine was not warm and trying to go for a swim to discover that the pool is too small to swim in. Had I paid for this for a holiday I would have been very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a quiet room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank CheesyRevolver
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My check in experience set the tone for my stay at the Vienna Marriott. The cold, unfriendly woman at reception who handled my check in process told me that they needed to place a hold in the amount of 2,250 Euro on my credit card for incidentals. WHAT!!!! You've got to be joking. What on earth could I charge that would justify placing that excessive amount on my card? I informed her that information such as that should have been relayed to me during the numerous back and forth emails I had with the hotel in the weeks leading up to my stay and because it was not there was no way I was going to agree to the hold. Then she asked me to pre-pay my entire stay in lieu of the 2,250 euro incidental hold. Which, once you think about it makes absolutely no sense because pre-payment does not guarantee there won’t be any incidentals. So again, I told her no, I’d be paying upon check-out as outlined in my reservation confirmation. I travel a lot and I’m very knowledgeable about Marriott policies and procedures so I am aware that like any hotel, pre-payment occurs when booking online and is oftentimes at a reduced rate because you've agreed to pre-pay. Finally I spoke with the front desk manager who left my reservation as is and I was able to check in.

I guess the joke was on me since the room I was assigned (482) was at the end of a hall and apparently my room shared a wall with some type of storage closet for housekeeping. Like clockwork, every night I’d hear loud banging against the wall that my headboard shared. When I called the “At Your Service” number to let them know about the noise and see if they could get it quieted, the guy asked me “what exactly do you want me to do?” I don’t know, maybe do your job and check out what’s causing the noise. Customer service is severely lacking at the supposed 5 star hotel. You can’t advertise as a 5 star hotel and employ a 1 star staff. Discussing my concerns with the GM fell on deaf ears and at that moment it was clear that there was a correlation between his attitude and their treatment of guest. I’d never felt so unwelcome at a hotel in all my years of travel. Your time and money will be better spent elsewhere.

The only redeeming thing about this hotel is their top notch Concierge Team.

Room Tip: Breakfast is overpriced, the room sare outdated and sometimes my bathroom wasn't properly cleane...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank jadab97
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Situated in front of Stadtpark, near subway station and the point in the center that you can arrive by tram from the airport. Large and clean bedroom for a maximum of 4 persons. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and gym area available for guests.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AndersonSalvá
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The service was outstanding. The staff was incredibly efficient, helpful, professional and friendly. Our baby was promised a crib in the room and it was there waiting for us (if you are travelling with a child, don’t forget you have to reserve the crib ahead of time). The hotel is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The location was perfect since it was walking distance from some great sights and shopping. During times that we ate at the hotel since we were travelling with a baby and could not always leave, the food was good. The hot chocolate that I ordered through room service was made with milk, not water, and it was piping hot and delicious. On a personal note, our baby took her first steps at this hotel! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dolphinupenn
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Vienna Marriott is located right in the heart of the city. It is close to the train station, right across from the river, and within walking distance of many art galleries.
The hotel is very nice, upscale. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Also a working gym, sauna, and a nice pool. I always appreciate that.
Most of all, the staff is so very gracious. We arrived early and were able to store our luggage while our room was prepared. They were helpful in finding the galleries were wanted to visit, and were available at all hours for polite and professional assistance.
The room service and food was also commendable. There is a nice breakfast room and a very good selection, both buffet and menu.
Vienna is so beautiful, and I would love to visit it again. I enjoyed this hotel very much, and would stay at the Marriott again.

Room Tip: I had a quiet room that looked down on the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in May. For what we paid, 300 Euro a night, it should have been exceptional. It wasn't. We were told at the front desk that internet access was 30 Euro/day, when stated in the room it was 13,95 euro. Our television did not work. After a technician came and another call was placed to the front desk, they said there was nothing they could do. No electrical outlets in the bathroom or on the nightstand. Only one plug in on the desk. How do you recharge two phones, a camera battery and an ipad with only one outlet? We stayed at the Marriott in Prague for less money in a much larger room with no issues at all. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family