“It’s a good business hotel, but rather bland”
Review of Hilton Vienna

Hilton Vienna
Ranked #114 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here for a business conference. There are some clear advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
1-excellent location
2-buffet breakfast is complete and good orange juice

Disadvantages:
1-The window in my room was so dirty I could hardly see out of it
2-I ordered room service one evening, the girl that took the order was not familiar with the menu or the food items offered and could not communicate with me in English. She said she would call back with an answer to my question about a chicken breast and I didn’t hear back for 20 minutes. I called back and it was her again, so I placed an order and didn’t know what I was ultimately going to receive. The food that came was acceptable – it filled my stomach and that is what I was looking for.
3-12th floor lounge is small and not up to par with other Hilton lounges in Europe
4-the key card reader in the elevator was not working properly
5-employees were not overly friendly, but did what was asked of them

Room Tip: no clue - mine was very loud...I could hear everything including the maids that started cleaning ear...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank _Mundo_Traveler_11
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

It was a pleasure to read that you overall enjoyed your visit and that you especially appreciated the central location of our hotel and our breakfast offer.

Coming back to the rest of your evaluation however, I am truly sorry to hear that we were not able to entirely meet your expectations.

I greatly appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness of our windows and I am very sorry for the impression received. Please allow me to assure you that we took your comments very seriously and that the respective cleaning company was informed immediately.

At the same time, I deeply regret the unacceptable services received by our room service team and I sincerely apologize for this unprofessional handling of your requests. Please rest assured that I have personally evaluated these incidents with the respective team members and department head, as such occurrences are inexcusable and in no way reflect the high service quality we expect from our team and wish to provide our guests.

Dear Guest, we highly value your opinion and I thank you sincerely for sharing your experiences. I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Hilton Vienna

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2014

very easy to get here directly from the airport: a half hour trip by train (16 minutes on the train~). The train takes you right into the centre of Vienna and the Hilton is just opposite the station (on the right)!
Check-in was quick and very friendly even though it was very busy. Staff was very corteous and helpful.
Room spacious with desk, tv, minibar, ironing facilities, hairdryer, sickets and enough space. Window could be opened and temperature regulated which is good. Internet connection expensive as always with Hilton but connection strong enough to watch streaming.
Bathroom fine with bathrobe and standard Hilton toiletries.
Room service was very friendly and quite nice although not a lot of vegetarian options, the usual pasta and pizza.
Breakfast was very nice. again friendly staff and efficient. There were hundreds of us but they were able to cope well with the breakfast providing everything one needed. Coffee was put fresh on the table and tea you could get at the buffet. everything available from good quality fresh fruit to english breakfast and lovely Austrian dark bread.
Meeting room facilities for our business meeting of around 400 people excellent, they even managed to keep the room cool which is always a challenge on these occasions.
Given the size of our meeting I think this Hilton branch really exceeded standard expectations. Thank you Hilton Vienna!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank squizz20
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The location was very convenient as it is right in front of a big station with a small shopping center. In the shopping center, there were a huge supermarket, a small supermarket opened till late, H&M, drug store, cosmetics store, some other clothing stores, and a food court. Also, the huge park on the other side of the hotel was nice to take a walk or to jog. Once you cross the park, you will find yourself near the main shopping area and other tourist attractions (cathedrals, opera, etc.)
The food in the restaurant was also good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mikik85
Reviewed April 3, 2014

HH Diamond ( 60 + nights paid out of own pocket): visiting Hilton Vienna yearly, each time during Mar. or Apr.
Stayed : one week, this time Mar 23 - 29
Booked normal room and got great upgrade as HH Diamond ,upgraded every year we stayed here BTW so they really take care of HH members !
Arrival & Check in : smooth and very welcoming , doorman helped unload cab ; very friendly young ladies at front desk check in geting us on the way to our room in no time .
Room : great views of Viennese skyline heading to Prater and UN centre plus new highrises in the distance.
Bed: perfect for a good nights sleep ; great quality of feather pillows(4) and king size matress just hard enough for good back support. One of the best beds we've had in a long time ...
Housekeeping : perfect , room was perfectly cleaned and in order on arrival ; during our stay we had great,friendly daily cleaning service with lots of attention for detail , taking care of needed refills of amenities in bathroom plus replacing daily bottle of free water ; requested evening turndown was also done daily with replacing of used towels and putting order in room where needed ! Vacation feeling is only getting better coming "home" to such a nice clean room ...
E.L. : coffee machine to die for , imagine making your own perfect viennese coffee anyway you can think off ( even double mélange in one cup ) ; breakfastbuffet til 10:30 during week , 11:00 in weekend ; from 2 till 5 pm cakes and sweets . 6 pm till 8:30pm ( weekdays ), 8 pm in weekend large selection of cheeses , breads , 2 choices of hot dishes and it seems great and high quality selection of alcoholic drinks ( sorry but no alcohol for me so only from observing other guests serving local white and red wines as well as great choice of beers )
S'Parks restaurant on ground floor : the place to go for breakfast . Not only is the staff very, very friendly and helpfull but there is a fantastic breakfastbuffet which is constanly replenished . We always love their freshly made oriental selection of dimsum , bami goreng , fried rice and miso soup as well as the gigantic choice of bread in all forms and flavours ( coming from a bakery- Stroeck - outside the hotel ). There is a cook making fresh waffles, pancakes, eggs anyway you want it ... For us, this breakfast is only surpassed in quality and choices by the Conrad Bali breakfast but far ahead of any other Hilton/Conrad breakfast we ever had in Europe , US-based hotels sadly left even further behind .
Staff : very friendly , helpfull and trying to please their guests ; trained to please and looking for a happy customer which is becoming an exception in the hospitality industry !
Check out : smooth and friendly ; we had no waiting at all as we got a late check out after most rooms had left and before the new arrivals .
Plenty of taxi's on the side entrance of the hotel for the ride to the airport ( 30 minutes , paid 38 euro ) ; CAT to airport is just on the other side of the street in "the mall " so perfect alternative if you have little or light luggage to take along .

Overall score : another great stay for us scoring 10/10 !
This Hilton deserves IMHO a much higher ranking in Vienna , especially when taking quality , location and service into account and staff with a " can do attitude" and eager to please with a smile !!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jan-Remi
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great access to public transportation, U baun station with shopping and restaurants right across the street, sit down cafes & airport CAT transfer right on the same block. The rooms are very comfortable and the service was great, with the exception of my interaction with them on the telephone, when booking. In addition the cost of wifi is extraordinarily high, 25 Euro for 24 hours!

There is free wifi in the lobby with a pass code. The night I stayed there was a soccer match on the lobby tv and all the lobby seating areas were filled with soccer fans. That meant no quiet place to sit for a skype call or wifi. The lobby area is not well thought out for both quiet and those watching a big tv event. Breakfast was great, and my interactions with hotel personnel all great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa O
Reviewed April 3, 2014

You can apply the word "perfect" to every detail of the hotel. It;s amazingly located and is within walking distance to any of the city's major attractions (during our 4 nights stay, we never used any public transport because everything can be easily reached on foot).

I would like to thank a HHonors lady for an early check-in (around 8 am) and for a room with a stunning view over Stadtpark and Stephan's Dome (which is 5 mins walk away from the hotel). The whole Front Desk and Concierge team could not be more friendly and attentive, a hundred thank you for an amazing stay!

Breakfast is something unbelievably amazing too with huge choice of food for any taste.

Hilton Vienna team, you can be 100% sure that you'll be recommended to all of my friends and colleagues ;)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ksenia M
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Located across from the CAT station (other trains also use this station). It was also within walking distance of all attractions we wanted to see.

Staff was fabulous. They were very attentive to all of our needs.

Breakfast is well worth it! I have never seen such a variety of foods offered. There is certainly something for everyone. If you have time, ask the chef to make you an omelette.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple