HH Diamond ( 60 + nights paid out of own pocket): visiting Hilton Vienna yearly, each time during Mar. or Apr.
Stayed : one week, this time Mar 23 - 29
Booked normal room and got great upgrade as HH Diamond ,upgraded every year we stayed here BTW so they really take care of HH members !
Arrival & Check in : smooth and very welcoming , doorman helped unload cab ; very friendly young ladies at front desk check in geting us on the way to our room in no time .
Room : great views of Viennese skyline heading to Prater and UN centre plus new highrises in the distance.
Bed: perfect for a good nights sleep ; great quality of feather pillows(4) and king size matress just hard enough for good back support. One of the best beds we've had in a long time ...
Housekeeping : perfect , room was perfectly cleaned and in order on arrival ; during our stay we had great,friendly daily cleaning service with lots of attention for detail , taking care of needed refills of amenities in bathroom plus replacing daily bottle of free water ; requested evening turndown was also done daily with replacing of used towels and putting order in room where needed ! Vacation feeling is only getting better coming "home" to such a nice clean room ...
E.L. : coffee machine to die for , imagine making your own perfect viennese coffee anyway you can think off ( even double mélange in one cup ) ; breakfastbuffet til 10:30 during week , 11:00 in weekend ; from 2 till 5 pm cakes and sweets . 6 pm till 8:30pm ( weekdays ), 8 pm in weekend large selection of cheeses , breads , 2 choices of hot dishes and it seems great and high quality selection of alcoholic drinks ( sorry but no alcohol for me so only from observing other guests serving local white and red wines as well as great choice of beers )
S'Parks restaurant on ground floor : the place to go for breakfast . Not only is the staff very, very friendly and helpfull but there is a fantastic breakfastbuffet which is constanly replenished . We always love their freshly made oriental selection of dimsum , bami goreng , fried rice and miso soup as well as the gigantic choice of bread in all forms and flavours ( coming from a bakery- Stroeck - outside the hotel ). There is a cook making fresh waffles, pancakes, eggs anyway you want it ... For us, this breakfast is only surpassed in quality and choices by the Conrad Bali breakfast but far ahead of any other Hilton/Conrad breakfast we ever had in Europe , US-based hotels sadly left even further behind .
Staff : very friendly , helpfull and trying to please their guests ; trained to please and looking for a happy customer which is becoming an exception in the hospitality industry !
Check out : smooth and friendly ; we had no waiting at all as we got a late check out after most rooms had left and before the new arrivals .
Plenty of taxi's on the side entrance of the hotel for the ride to the airport ( 30 minutes , paid 38 euro ) ; CAT to airport is just on the other side of the street in "the mall " so perfect alternative if you have little or light luggage to take along .
Overall score : another great stay for us scoring 10/10 !
This Hilton deserves IMHO a much higher ranking in Vienna , especially when taking quality , location and service into account and staff with a " can do attitude" and eager to please with a smile !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels. Set in the heart of Vienna, the hotel is just 16 minutes from Vienna International Airport by the city airport train. The main sights and most fashionable shopping streets are within walking distance.Relax in our comfortable guest rooms and enjoy a high standard of amenities. Located on the higher floors of the hotel, the Executive rooms offer breathtaking views over Vienna and exclusive Executive Lounge access with complimentary continental breakfast, drinks and snacks. Upgrade to a bright suite for extra space and excellent views from the private balcony. Try innovative Austrian cuisine on the alfresco terrace of S'PARKS restaurant or enjoy Austrian wines and Viennese coffees at the Lobby Bar & Lounge at this Vienna hotel. Work out in the well-equipped gym or unwind in the sauna, steam bath and relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Hilton International Vienna
- Vienna Hilton International