$118
$476
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
3,497 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity airport trainwien mitte stationfree wifiexcellent locationcorner roomlobby baran upgradeper dayconvenient locationold citystandard roomexcellent breakfastmodern hotelpublic transportationstadtparkconcierge
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been staying in the Vienna Hilton for years. I really like and will continue going back. It's very well located and the staff is very friendly. I had a corner room, which really had a beautiful view and was very spacious. It's a very quick walk to the center (10 mm to Stefansplatz) and very close to many very nice restaurants. But a few problems, which don't really take away from the general positive experience, but could be fixed:
The gym... pretty bad. Lots of equipment squeezed into a small room. Mostly aerobic equipment, but enough other things, plus weights, to get a work out. No room for stretching despite the existence of mats. Very unfriendly staff (I guess for the adjacent spa). I used the gym twice and both time said hello to the two people at the desk who returned blank stares. Machines are extremely old (still using rubber bands and steel handles). The lat pull down machine was virtual unusable. A hotel of this standing should do better... a lot better.
The room had lots of closet space and a fantastic bed. The bathroom was redone, like many Hiltons around the world with the same sink - which is nice. However, the shower in the bathtub is a bit old... especially since the shower is only a hand shower, which is attached to use as a regular shower. This does not have the 2 or 3 second delay of real showers when you put it on so it's a challenge not to get your hair wet when you turn it on. Also, the water pulsated from a bit hot to a bit cold during the showers I took. Not too hot or too cold to make a shower impossible, but enough to be annoying.
As I said, despite the problems I'll keep using this hotel when I go back to Vienna.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious, and beautiful view if city side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My experience was consistent with a lot of reviews here. The hotel is very convenient if you are going to/from the Vienna airport, as the City Airport Train stops right across the street inside the mall. The hotel is a short block off the Ringstrasse as well.

As a Diamond, I was upgraded from a standard room to an Executive room. The room was small, but about par for standard European hotel rooms. I did request a room with a view, and was given a west(ish)-facing room with a nice view of Stadtpark and the city (right under the Executive Lounge, more below). Unlike in some European hotels (even nice ones), the King bed was a single mattress and not two twins pushed together.

The breakfast at the restaurant was above average, with made-to-order omelettes/eggs and waffles, as well as a made-to-order coffee bar. The restaurant is large, but can get quite crowded.

The Executive Lounge is nice, with great evening views of Stadtpark and the city. The evening happy hour is great for having a glass of wine or beer with small plates of snacks and usually one or two choices of hot food. The only problem is the Lounge gets quite crowded, as it is not that large and has to cater to (I believe) 4 floors that are dedicated Executive floors (as well as those who are not on an Executive floor but still get access).

We did have a hiccup at check-in where the front-desk let people cut in front of us in line (despite that we were obviously next in the queue), but other than that, I think the service at the hotel is solid but a little cold. For business trips, this hotels seems like a great option.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went to the Hilton Vienna for a weekend break to visit the Christmas Markets. The hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of the city centre. It has all the amenities you would expect of a Hilton, with lovely big rooms with very comfy beds. The only one small complaint i would have was that on the floor above they were carrrying out some works which were quite noisy and went on until about 9pm which wasn't a problem for us but anyone with children would have found this a problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Hilton Vienna.

I was thrilled to learn that you very much enjoyed your room with all its amenities and were especially pleased with the location of our property.

Further to your comments on the noise disturbance however, I truly regret if this incident has clouded your stay with us.
Please allow me to assure you that I have already forwarded this matter to our Chief Engineer, who will investigate it accordingly and will make sure to prevent it in the future.

Dear Guest, your feedback is very important to us and I thank you sincerely for the time taken to share it with us.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We travelled to Vienna so as to relax for 4 days and also enjoy the festive atmosphere of one of the most beautiful european cities. After reading numerous reviews we chose Hilton Vienna as we wanted to be near the center, have easy and fast access to the airport, have a comfortable and clean room and of course good service. We also requested a smoking room as this hotel offers this option although it cannot be guaranteed before check-in. We also got the room including breakfast for 132€ per night for 2 people, very good price for a 5* hotel.
When we arrived at the airport we took the CAT (express train to the city center) and in just 16min we got to the Wien Mitte station which is literally across the Hilton Vienna. The station also has a shopping centre and supermarket which was perfect. The moment we entered the hotel it was crowded and noisy but soon realized that they were in the middle of a convention. This was the only time that the lobby area was cramped with people. For the rest of our stay it was always quiet and had a relaxing atmosphere. When we got to the reception we were greeted by Ms.Ariane and was told that there is no available smoking room. I asked right away if there is an available smoking room in any other room category, for example the executive rooms that they have with extra charge, or if there is going to be an available room during our stay so that we could switch to that. She immediately told us that there is going to be an available smoking room the next day so we can pack our suitcases and the hotel staff would take our luggage to the new room.
We got the room 137, which was spacious, clean, perfect bed generally the room was very good. It was on the 1st floor overlooking the back side of a building. Next morning we were astonished with the perfect breakfast buffet and service. It is, by far, the best breakfast we ever had in a hotel!
When we got back to our room later that day, we were so surprised to find out that our smoking room was on the 12th floor which is one of the executive floors. The hotel could have given us this option for extra charge but instead they asked for nothing even if we had booked a special offer. in addition to that they offered a complimentary bottle of water and did not charge us for another bottle we used from the mini bar, Mr.Attila who did our check out was really helpful and polite.
Entering the room, which was identical to our previous one except for a big difference..the view! One of the walls is made of glass, overlooking the center of vienna and of course the Stephansdom in the middle. The perfect view, the hotel services and amenities and of course the staff made this long weekend one of the top 3 we have ever had and we travel 4-5 times a year for the past 15..
We are looking forward to going back to Hilton Vienna as soon as possible!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this outstanding review of your recent visit at our property.

With great pleasure I read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to read that our customers are satisfied and that they appreciate the high level of service we aim to offer our guests. I will be sure to share your positive review with Ariane and Attila.

I also greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast offer and was happy to learn that we were able to make your stay a special one, by upgrading you to a room on the Executive Level.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your valuable time and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hilton Vienna soon!

Best regards,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed for a few days here during our recent trip to Europe. Looks like an ordinary business hotel. Our room was nice and clean although we were very disappointed because they don't have free WiFi inside the room. You have to go out to their lobby to have free Internet access (which was a bit inconvenient). Breakfast was adequate, nothing to be excited about. The best thing about this hotel is that it's very near a public park- a very nice and tranquil place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple