Hilton Vienna
$145
$136
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Prater/Messe(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$75
$209
$178
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$176
$67
  • Room Service
$174
$139
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
3,461 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity airport trainwien mitte stationfree wifiexcellent locationcorner roomlobby baran upgradeper dayconvenient locationold citystandard roomexcellent breakfastmodern hotelpublic transportationstadtparkconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is superbly located, bang opposite the CAT airport shuttle. I was there for a conference - and there was at least one other conference, as well as a couple of large asian tour groups in the hotel, so that the queue for breakfast was *long* - even by the standards of the massive S'parks restaurant. I was lucky the jet lag kept waking me up early enough that this was not a major issue.

The breakfast spread is extensive - and the european and american selection are decent, with freshly squeezed orange juice. A reasonable selection of cold cuts, two or three cheeses, and a very good dessert section.

The only fly in the breakfast ointment is four or five mediocre and highly uninspired asian dishes (always, every day - miso soup, fried noodles, fried rice, some rather dry dim sum, a thick congee..) kept around for asian guests.

The black coffee supplied in the hallways for the conference attendees was atrocious, weak and watered down - the coffee served during breakfast was far better, with the waiter always ready to bring you a latte, espresso or anything else if you didn't want black coffee.

I mostly ate out - in particular, multiple times at the excellent Akol Imbiss Kebap right outside the mall next to the hotel (opposite the CAT station) - freshly made falafel and doner kebap, cheap, tasty food. For a (far) more expensive experience there's also the Restaurant Steirereck in the middle of the beautiful Stadtpark, across the street from the hotel, and across the park, a few minutes walk away, the 1516 Brewing Company on Schwarzenbergstraße 2

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First of all, when you get to Vienna after a long international flight, getting to your hotel ASAP is you first wish. Because the Hilton is at Landstrasse station, it is easy to get to in 15 mn with the direct train from airport., so convenient!
In spite of early hour (7 am) the reception checked us in immediately and gave us our room, another good point!
Everything in the hotel has been well thought. The atrium with tables and chairs at reception level is a good place to check your email , have a coffee or casual meeting with friends and colleagues. Our room was spacious , sober and functional. the bed was extremely comfortable. Even if the bathroom was not huge, it was clean and neat and again every detail thought about: from the curve of the bath curtain to give you more space, to the fog free area in the Center of the mirror...
Breakfast room is pleasant, choice is wide and food is fresh...
The only thing I found was a bit undersized was the gym, the room is small and crowded, not what you would expect from a hotel this size.
Overall a well located comfortable hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just returned from our trip which included Budapest, Vienna and Prague. We stayed here May 30th-June 4th. The hotel is quite big and coming from the Hilton WestEnd in Budapest it was very shockingly large! The lobby alone was always packed with people chatting about or on their cell phones, very lively place. There are 4 computers with wifi free to use in the lobby which at most days were always occupied. However late in the night when we would return or leave very early, they were available. We checked in with no problems and got upgraded to the Executive lounge and the corner suite as promised so that was greatly appreciated seeing how that did not happen at the Hilton WestEnd...

Due to the amount of people that must go through this hotel it definately did not have a personal or warm feeling whatsoever. It felt very business like and we really didn't deal with the staff more than we needed to. We got a convertor delivered to our room from the front desk which was very large and heavy probably from the 70's! So if you forget yours or need an extra one like we did no worries they have one for you.

The room was quite large and clean. Though as many have mentioned the bathroom was tiny! And I wasn't very happy with the bathtub/shower combo as it makes it quite difficult to move around in. We had an excellant view since our whole room two full walls were covered with windows! And they open! But it was raining the whole time we were there so didn't really enjoy opening the windows. The room had several English speaking channels on the TV. The mini-bar/fridge was well stocked and the bathroom was very clean and had thick bath towels as well as robes and slippes to use! The only negative about the room was the water temperature of the shower which fluctuated quite a bit and would go from warm to burning hot and then back to warm. Very strange indeed. There was only one umbrella in our room when we arrived but I secured another one from the Executive lounge.

The Executive lounge staff was excellant! They made sure there was plenty of food available and constantly cleaning and restocking. They would often ask if we needed anything or would like something in particular. I cannot say enough about the kindness and helpfulness of the staff there. The one negative was the printer was apparently broken for over a week prior to our arrival and still broken we left 5 days later. When I had asked about this downstairs they said they knew of the problem and were working on getting it fixed. It wasn't a big deal to us but others who were there for buisness were quite annoyed about this. We did have some drinks in the lobby bar and the staff was pleasant and we got our drinks relatively quick. We did not eat there however.

Location is pretty decent. A quite 5 minute walk takes you to a tram line 2 which you can see half of the sites from and then make one change to line 1 and see the rest. There is a train station and metro station U3 and U4 across the street which we used a couple of times. We walked from the train station a bit further up the street when we arrived from Budapest in the rain and walked with our luggage! That was a delight! Not! But not too bad. Should you have no rain, very easy to do and save yourself 15 Euros! If you walk away from the subway station and keep going you will find lots of restraunts some local and some international cuisine avaiable. A 15 minute stroll will take you to Stephanplatz, the main drag with all kinds of restraunts, pubs, eateries, bakeries, coffee houses etc...which we didn't realize it was so close the first two days there.

Overall we enjoyed our visit to Vienna and since we didn't spend very much time in the hotel we were not too bothered by the size and the amount of people that were there. If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sienna38
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with a tour group, of which many members agreed with my assessment that this hotel, being so large and catering primarily for groups, simply cannot handle the volumes of guests. Firstly, the wake-up call on our first morning was 20 minutes late, resulting in a rushed breakfast and delayed departure. On 2 out of 3 mornings, the restaurant was filled to capacity, and guests were directed to an adjacent lounge area where a makeshift bufet had been set up. On the morning of departure, wake up call was not delivered altogether, and I was woken by the porter pounding on my door asking where my luggage was. When I checked out, the receptionist offered me a curt apology, and claimed that he could not find the manager to explain the mishaps. I had to insist that further action be taken before he offered me a takeaway breakfast and to remove a Room Service meal from the account as compensation.

Each time that we rang the Operator for information, we were directed to call Reception instead. What happened to initiative? Then, when we rang
Reception, the phone was either unanswered (hardly surprising, if you saw the queues and crowds), or the staff put you on hold for ages. When we approached Reception, the staff always seemed indifferent, not offering any assistance beyond the basic.

My room was clean and comfortable, but bland in an international hotel chain style. Noises from adjacent rooms (be it above or beside) - flushing toilets, heels walking across tiled floors - were clearly audible. Appreciated opening windows and strong shower pressure.

Location was pleasant, opposite the Stadtpark and an adjacent shopping centre from where one can catch trains. Approximately 10-15 mins walk from the city centre, which may not be suitable for those unable/unwilling to walk extended distances.

Plenty of alternatives in Vienna to the Hilton Stadtpark, and I certainly won't return. The Marriott, Intercontinental and Radisson are all nearby, and actually closer to downtown, and I will certainly consider one of those on my next visit. This property has done the Hilton brand no favours.

Room Tip: Don't bother - try another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank suitdude30
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time taken to share your feedback regarding your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

Coming back to your review however I sincerely apologize for the described experiences made, especially regarding the ordered wake-up calls and I truly regret that we were not able to live up to your expectations.
I fully understand your frustration about the described events and I am very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you.

Please rest assured that I have investigated this situation with the respective department head. As already explained in private mail, we regrettably experienced a system failure at the time of your stay and it seemed as though all wake-up calls were carried out correctly - which unfortunately was not the case.

I can ensure you that we never experienced such a system failure before and are well prepared now to ensure, that described shortages do not re-occur in future.

As for your valuable feedback regarding our breakfast offer and service, I truly regret if we could not live up to your expectations.

I am aware that above does not explain the service attitude you have experienced by our reception staff nor does it excuse the inconveniences you were caused. Please accept my sincere apologies for this unfortunate sequence of events which in no way reflects the service behaviour you may expect from us.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and valuable feedback. With this you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I would be more than delighted if you continued putting your trust and loyalty in Hilton and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Vienna in the future.

With kind regards,

Ronald Diesenreiter

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We started our tour in Vienna and stayed three nights at the Hilton am Stadtpark. The hotel is conveniently located and situated opposite the Danube Canal and the city park. The room was impeccable, very clean, extremely comfortable bed, large size, with all the usual amenities.
The buffet breakfast has a tremendous selection of high quality food to suit every desire. The bread in Austria is excellent.....wish our everyday bread in the U.S. would be so good.

This hotel is busy and large, catering to organized tours and conferences, and the staff is professional and competent.

Room Tip: It could be a problem for someone unable to climb into the tub which is very high like so many tubs in European hotels. If you can't raise your legs high enough to get over the side, request a room with a walk-in shower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple