“ok, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Vienna

Ranked #115 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Appenzell, Switzerland
“ok, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I booked a room on the executive floor. The room was ok and clean, there is plenty of coffee and water and they offer turn down service. Fluffy bathrobes are also provided. The lounge is spacious and modern, drinks are ok, happy hour and breakfast are very good.
You might now ask, if so many things are ok, why just 3 points?
Well, I booked an executive room and in that light there are some problems with the hotel:
. the bathroom is really, really small. This hotel claims to be 5 star, but it's a shower and bath in one. Not appropriate.
. the service is faulty: no status recognition, lobby personell are rude (they made me confirm my birthday and told me they were not fully convinced that i know the actual date!)
. there is no express checkout (technically, there is, but you still have to go down to the lobby in order to return the form and the keys, so if you have a group before you, you wait anyhow)
. the place is a bus-group-tourist inn....
. you hear what people in the adjacent room do or say

So, no five star her. Never. Not on this earth, not even on mars.

Room Tip: there is no good room, only standard
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank philosion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We started our tour in Vienna and stayed three nights at the Hilton am Stadtpark. The hotel is conveniently located and situated opposite the Danube Canal and the city park. The room was impeccable, very clean, extremely comfortable bed, large size, with all the usual amenities.
The buffet breakfast has a tremendous selection of high quality food to suit every desire. The bread in Austria is excellent.....wish our everyday bread in the U.S. would be so good.

This hotel is busy and large, catering to organized tours and conferences, and the staff is professional and competent.

Room Tip: It could be a problem for someone unable to climb into the tub which is very high like so many tubs...
1 Thank Shalomsalem
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Vienna on our way through Switzerland and Austria ending up in Budapest. We chose the Hilton as we wanted to use Hilton points to book. The Hilton was a very nice hotel with lots of amenities. Located across the street from the LandstraBe station it was and easy connection to Westbahnhof. Enjoyed the amenities of breakfast, snacks and evening drinks on the business floor. Hotel was very clean and modern. It was an easy walk to Stephansdom and the rest of the historic part of the city. Used public transportation to easily get around and see all of the sights.

Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This Hilton is in a very busy part of Vienna, but is surprisingly quiet. Great breakfast, friendly front desk staff, clean room, lots of space in room. If you are arriving by bus, as my group did, you disembark at the rear of the hotel. Not a big deal unless it is raining, as there is a walk without cover.

I ate at Ascot Restaurant around the corner and asked for take-away dessert. They had no plastic fork so the manager put a real fork in the bag for me. I cannot say enough about the Ascot service and good food.

One side of the hotel faces a pedestrian street, with a small mall across from that. H&M clothing shop, several nice bistros at entry level, but also an upscale food court upstairs. On the same side of the street as the Hilton, and bordering that pedestrian street are grocery stores, a nice bookstore, a pharmacy, and many more sit-down restaurants.

Vienna has a great tram system and there are tram stops all around the hotel. The city also has a nice subway system but I did not use it.

Room Tip: Try Ascot restaurant just around the corner from hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during a recent vacation in central Europe. We enjoyed this modern and centrally located hotel just outside the “inner ring” of Vienna; we were within a 30 minute walk of most of the main attractions.

The room was comfortable and clean, and had several English speaking channels on the TV. The mini-bar/fridge was well stocked and the bathroom was very clean and had thick bath towels (I dislike thin bath towels). The only negative about the room was the water temperature of the shower which fluctuated quite a bit and wasn’t as hot as I would have liked, but the rest of the room was again very nice.

The one other complaint I had was that even though we are Hilton Honors elite gold members, I had to ask for access to the executive lounge on the 12th floor, nor were we given a room on a higher floor which was a bit disappointing. The executive lounge, once we were given access, was very nice and had a lot to choose from. Their happy hour in the evening was also a very nice touch with local beer and wine to sample, and delicious appetizers. All the staff we encountered, from the front desk to the executive lounge, were very nice and accommodating. Offering out umbrellas to guest was also a nice touch.

I can see why they cater to a lot of tour companies, it was really a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Vienna.

Room Tip: If you are an elite Hilton Honors member, make sure you ask for an upper floor
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this fantastic review of the Hilton Vienna.

With pleasure I read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met your expectations.

Further to your comments regarding the missing upgrade however, I truly regret if this has clouded your stay with us. Kindly allow me to inform you that we usually grant upgrades to our Hhonors Gold and Diamond VIPs prior to arrival. I would be very grateful if you could send me your reservation details, in order for me to investigate this matter.

At the same time I greatly appreciate your valuable comments regarding the water temperature.
Please allow me to first of all express my sincere apologies. I have already asked our chief engineer look into this matter in order to fix possible problems immediately.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is right on the boundary with the historical area of Vienna. Is just fantastic, well located, spotlessly clean, luxury toiletries, breakfast the best ever in any other hotel, we walked everywhere. There are many cafes, restaurants, gelato bars in the immediate vicinity, the train-metro station is just across the road. Staff most polite and professional, all multi lingual. We loved it.

Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your very positive review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

I was such a pleasure to read that you felt comfortable during your visit and enjoyed the service and friendliness of our staff. It is always nice to hear that our guests are being well taken care of.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just spent 6 nights at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay.The hotel is in a great location,next to the Metro lines U3 & U4 station and the City Airport Train (CAT).The train ride takes just 20 minutes to the airport and if you will purchase the ticket at the hotel it costs EUR 11 per person,(at the station the ticket costs 1 Euro more =EUR 12).Also it's just a 10 minute walk to the St.Stephan Platz and a15 minute walk to the Vienna Opera House.
The hotel is well maintaned & the room was nice and clean.The food & beverage staff
always answered our requests promptly and with a smile.
Also near the hotel is a shopping center where it's possible to buy clothing & other merchandise.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Park
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind review.

With pleasure I read that you enjoyed your six night stay and also highly appreciated our convenient location near the city centre.
Furthermore, I am very grateful for your nice comments in regards to the friendliness and helpfulness of our team members.

Dear Guest, thank you for your valuable time and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,