“Good location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good location”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here in Sept 2012 as part of a Trafalgar Tour. Overall, it's a nice place, but the rooms were no more than average and the hotel concerigie was outright rude. He seemed to be put out by my husband and I asking for simple directions or advice on restaurants. However, the breakfast buffet was very good and well thought out. There seemed to be a large variety for many ethnic backgrounds, with plentiful choices. We enjoyed the location across from a large park, and we could easily walk to St. Stephens Cathedral.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for your great review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

I was thrilled to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and services met your expectations.

Coming back to your comments regarding the concierge service however please allow me to express my sincere apology about the experiences made.
I have already evaluated this matter with the respective department head as the described certainly does not reflect the service attitude you may expect from us.

Dear Madame, thank you once again for your time and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is supremely easy to reach from the airport....just hope in the CAT and once you leave the station is diagonally across the pedestrian precinct.
Every detail was as you'd expect from a Hilton and we weren't disappointed. Clean, spacious, courteous, excellent breakfast. What more do you need?
Well....it's also in a superb location for accessing all the sights of Vienna. I was here with my mum, who isn't the most mobile but the hotel was perfect and never left is far from anywhere by numerous routes of transport.
Haven't got a down spot to mention about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for the great review of your recent visit at our property.

With great pleasure I read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to read that our customers are satisfied and that they appreciate the high level of service we aim to offer our guests. I will be sure to share your positive review with the entire team.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Jugon-les-Lacs, France
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was a gorgeous Hilton right in the centre of Vienna's rich downtown architectural inheritance. The Hotel is very well appointed, modern, and comfortable. We stayed in a double-room with great beds and again very well appointed. I immediately relaxed upon entering the hotel and the room. The cafe had a kind of Austrian tapas menu for lunch, which I was a bit suspicious of as being 'gimicky' at first, but was in fact very tasty and interesting. My one and only disappointment was that the business centre document printing facility was inadequate for a proper businessman's requirements and couldn't handle pop up documents such as flight tickets bought online. The reception quickly fixed this problem and printed the documents for me, found me, and gave me the printed documents in an envelope. The staff were great, friendly, and helpful. This would probably remain my top choice of hotel in Vienna both for the quality, value, and location. I doubt I would find a hotel that would better combined value and comfort.

Room Tip: From what I can tell, all the rooms are probably equally great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is a very short pleasant walk from the center of town. The hotel was extremely clean and rooms were as you would expect at a Hilton hotel. We had Christmas dinner at the hotel, which was alright, so if given the option, I would recommend one of the many restaurants in the center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RelativeWay
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here and found it an excellent option. Well located (and especially if you use the airport train which leaves from Wien Mitte station across the road), and an easy walk to city sights too. Being new, it is very schmick, with good space in the rooms and a great buffet breakfast.
No free WiFi is a great disappointment for a hotel of this standard and price. It seems Hilton are playing hard ball on this idea which is ridiculous unless the agenda is to gouge more money from business travellers.
We would stay again, and would hope 21st century communications will arrive in Hiltonland soon.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RolFromOz
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

With pleasure I read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met your expectations.

I also very much appreciate your feedback on our location, interior and our wide breakfast offer.

Further to your comments regarding the internet fees however, kindly allow me to explain that we offer free Wi-Fi in our public areas and I am very sorry if you were given a different impression.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your important feedback and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards from Vienna,

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Hilton Vienna is greatly overrated. The rooms seem just like every other average viennese hotel, but for double the price. Just because it's a Hilton. Huh!?

Breakfast was close to awful. I was saved by a friend calling me for outside brunch. This buffet is a shame for Vienna with its richness in food and culture.

The best thing about this place is the location near the City Park, and in walking distance to the busy historic district. Plus, the airport express train and main underground hub is just below the hotel. Which makes it kind of handy for travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of the Hilton Vienna.

Reading your overall evaluation, I very much regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

As it is our aim to provide our guests a perfect stay to their fullest satisfaction, allow me to kindly ask, what we could have done better to live up to your expectations, especially in regards to your evaluation of our breakfast offer.

Your comments are truly valuable to us as they help us to better identify and consequently meet our guests’ needs - your response would therefore be very much appreciated.

Dear Sir, I would be more than delighted if you gave us another chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts by visiting us again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We recently enjoyed a 4-night stay at the Hilton Vienna and, after a bit of a rocky start, it was an excellent stay. Our driver, arranged through the hotel, failed to meet us at the airport so we took the CAT train and it was great. Even after long flights and with suitcases and coats, it was easy and comfortable. So the booking error ended up saving us 21 euros! Mercedes, the Guest Services Manager, greeted us at check-in and apologized profusely for the mix-up with the driver. So all is forgiven.

The room on an Executive Floor is average size, but the view is spectacular. Try to get an '05 or '07 room. The view is unobstructed across Stadtpark to St. Stephens. There is the regular morning view, the afternoon view with the sun shining on the buildings, and the night view with everything lit up. Truly amazing. And the window opens a little to let in fresh, cool air and the sound of horses clopping along.

The Executive lounge is a good size and divided into three rooms so the noise level is reduced. Excellent breakfast with eggs, broiled tomatoes, bacon, sausage links, and lots of good breads. And chocolate croissants. The evening spread includes two hot dishes and several of those little cups with fun tiny dishes. There was a nice Prosecco, an Austrian red, and some other wine and beer choices. Before 6pm and after 8:30pm (8 on the weekends) there is a charge for alcoholic beverages. Service was very efficient, though not as warm as (for example) the Prague Hilton.

Housekeeping was very good. It's a pet peeve of mine to be out of the room all day and come back to find it hasn't been serviced. That was not a problem here.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we were here celebrating my birthday, and we arrived at our room to find a beautiful chocolate cake and a bottle of Prosecco. Nice.

Guess that's all. Overall a memorable stay. I'm sure all the Hiltons here are good, but you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends