I stayed here for three days while on holiday to see Vienna. Used priceline and picked up the hotel for ~USD95.00 per night. The hotel is suited to be a business hotel, but can work for tourists (such as us) as well. The hotel is listed as 5 stars, but is really more like 4 stars by North American standards. Overall I would say it was pretty modern and the rooms very nice, well furnished. I also liked the fact that they gave a free bottle of water (a large one!), which was a very nice touch.
Location-wise, this hotel is great relative to the main train station (Wien Mitte). We took the City Airport Train from the airport into the train station, which worked well for us (only 16 min trip, very comfortable train ride). However, it is a bit of a walk (10-15min) from the hotel to the tourist areas (Imperial Palace, etc.). There are hotels closer to the tourist spots, if that is important. The subway system in Vienna though is fantastic, would recommend it over a taxi which is slower/more expensive in traffic.
One slight on the hotel was the charge for using the internet of EUR25 per day. Would have been better if this was included or was at a more reasonable rate. One way to get around this is to use the business centre. They provide free sessions of 15 min and 30 min. They always try to push 15 min sessions, but ask for the 30 min session so you are less rushed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels. Set in the heart of Vienna, the hotel is just 16 minutes from Vienna International Airport by the city airport train. The main sights and most fashionable shopping streets are within walking distance.Relax in our comfortable guest rooms and enjoy a high standard of amenities. Located on the higher floors of the hotel, the Executive rooms offer breathtaking views over Vienna and exclusive Executive Lounge access with complimentary continental breakfast, drinks and snacks. Upgrade to a bright suite for extra space and excellent views from the private balcony. Try innovative Austrian cuisine on the alfresco terrace of S'PARKS restaurant or enjoy Austrian wines and Viennese coffees at the Lobby Bar & Lounge at this Vienna hotel. Work out in the well-equipped gym or unwind in the sauna, steam bath and relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Hilton International Vienna
- Vienna Hilton International