“Nice Hotel / Okay Location”
Review of Hilton Vienna

Hilton Vienna
Ranked #109 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here for three days while on holiday to see Vienna. Used priceline and picked up the hotel for ~USD95.00 per night. The hotel is suited to be a business hotel, but can work for tourists (such as us) as well. The hotel is listed as 5 stars, but is really more like 4 stars by North American standards. Overall I would say it was pretty modern and the rooms very nice, well furnished. I also liked the fact that they gave a free bottle of water (a large one!), which was a very nice touch.

Location-wise, this hotel is great relative to the main train station (Wien Mitte). We took the City Airport Train from the airport into the train station, which worked well for us (only 16 min trip, very comfortable train ride). However, it is a bit of a walk (10-15min) from the hotel to the tourist areas (Imperial Palace, etc.). There are hotels closer to the tourist spots, if that is important. The subway system in Vienna though is fantastic, would recommend it over a taxi which is slower/more expensive in traffic.

One slight on the hotel was the charge for using the internet of EUR25 per day. Would have been better if this was included or was at a more reasonable rate. One way to get around this is to use the business centre. They provide free sessions of 15 min and 30 min. They always try to push 15 min sessions, but ask for the 30 min session so you are less rushed!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,373)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel was nice but a room update is definitely needed. The hotel is close to many attractions with the subway right across the street. The executive lounge was excellent. Trkulja who was a waiter in the executive lounge was exemplary. My only concern was the concierge. One day we asked Andreas about appropriate dress to a Mozart concert. His response was "it used to be formal dress but foreigners ruined it and now dungarees and polo shirts are worn." Several other negative comments were made by the concierge during our stay. Overall we loved Vienna, great food and lots to see.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Born2Travel57
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Further to my review for this Hilton property back in April 2012, I visited this hotel again this Aug. My return was made very pleasant by their staff and hotel manager as I had mentioned a small inconvenience with the parking the last time.

Now as Hilton explained, the parking was not something they controlled and the one night parking at 58 Euros was a bit much last time.

But here is where the real story begins. Their hotel manager (Ronald) made it a point to make me welcome again and laid out the VIP service. This included free parking outside their hotel(valet), free internet and use of the executive lounge. The room I received was also an upgraded one facing the city with dessert on the table to welcome me.

I have travelled and visited many chains and boutique hotels over the years and I am always inspired by the ability, especially for a large chain and their leadership, to take customer service to a personal level and enhance their satisfaction to make amends.

Their attention to make my return enjoyable was appreciated. Hilton Vienna, please keep up the good work as I will definitely be coming back!

Dr Ash

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drash1
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A good hotel, clean. A few communication issues first of all but very attentive staff. The housekeeping ladies were especially lovely and helpful. Aesthetically, the rooms seem quite worn and in need of a re-furb. Especially the carpets! Bathroom was tiny!!! 'Park views' a rather optimistic description. The hallways don't give a good first impression of the hotel at all and we were left wondering why this is considered a Category 6 hotel. Beds are very comfortable though and our children were catered to very well. Not the 'nicest' Hilton we've stayed in (Diamond members, stayed throughout Europe, Australia and Asia) but still very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for posting a review of your stay at the Hilton Vienna.

With pleasure I read that you felt comfortable and that you enjoyed the service and friendliness of our staff. I also very much appreciate your feedback on our beds as we recently exchanged our mattresses and bedding and it is nice to know that it is well received.

Coming back to your evaluation of the interior of our property however, I am sorry to learn that it did not meet your expectations and I truly regret the impression received.
Allow me to assure you, that we constantly work on improving our facilities and décor.

Dear Madame, thank you once again for sharing your feedback with me and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,
Hilton Vienna

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Due to me being unused to booking on line, (no excuses) but double booked Hilton Vienna. Looks like i will be paying for 2 rooms for 2 people for 5 days, as i booked on pre-pay. I have explained but it seems they are not interested as i booked a pre-book, no cancellation. I have been a Hilton Honors Member for 10 years but that means nothing. Am really unhappy as this silly mistake that they will not cancel will cost me 995 euro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank marilyn s
Reviewed December 19, 2012

In fact, if you had a chance to stay at Hilton hotel in many other cities, you will not find any difference. My personal impression is that, every time i awake, i need almost 5 min to recognize the city where i slept; they look more than similar, practically the are the same. The rooms are very comfortable and "professionally clean", the staff is "professionally kind", all the environment looks efficient and "at your service, ready to satisfy your next request".
The place is very good, close to the center and in front of the city park, green and very nice to walk through during spring and summer period.
If i may, my only remark is to the poor offer for the room service; the menu is quite reduced and most of the time it took more than 30 min to get the food ordered: to be improved (also looking to the price you pay for it).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel has refurbished rooms.
The fitness room is small but well equipped. Ony the staff is not very interested in their guests.
Spark's restaurant has excellent food, but they will have to work a little more on the service. Not something what I would expect from $$$ restaurant. Good selection of local wines.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business