“Ideal Business Base - Will Return” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Vienna

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #112 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Basingstoke
“Ideal Business Base - Will Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I must start by admitting I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Club Member, therefore I received an upgrade on check in because of that to the Executive Floor. Which brought with it the use of the Executive Lounge.

After being collected from the airport by our business partner, The use of the Executive Lounge was extremely useful to hold an impromptu meeting to cover off the following days activities, in some comfort and as well as peace and quiet, given the main bar was extremely busy due to a conference being held at the Hotel.

The room was excellent and bed perfect, whilst it appears it has been some time since the rooms received a full renovation they are maintained to perfection.

After travelling for most of the day I still had a Monthly Report to complete, so ordered Room Service, which was actually first rate and served very quickly. The in room complimentary Internet access is not the fastest but sufficient for my needs.

Would certainly return.

Room Tip: Try and get an Upgrade if possible, the Executive Lounge, is an ideal facility if on business and th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Monkman4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mercer Island, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton and at Le Meridien in Vienna this trip. What a contrast. Almost the same price. But the Hilton is worn down for a five star hotel. The hallways looked shabby. They charge $25 for a day’s internet. Ridiculous. Small rooms. In contrast, Le Meridian had gorgeous rooms with 20 foot ceilings and free Internet. If you have a choice, take Le Meridien.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tom C
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Reading your overall evaluation, I very much regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I am very sorry if this has clouded your stay with us.

As it is our intention to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, we are constantly refurbishing and repairing our interior and I truly regret if you have received a different impression.

In regards to the size of your room I am very sorry if this has inconvenienced your stay with us. Allow me to explain that our hotel offers different room categories which also provide different sizes. Perhaps our team can assist you during a future reservation to better meet your needs.

Further to your comments on the internet charges, allow me to inform you that we will provide free Wi-Fi in our public areas latest by the end of the year.

We highly value your opinion as our guest and I thank you sincerely for the time taken to share your comments with me.

Yours Sincerely,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for a conference in October, for one week.
Overall I found this Hilton good, and it is in a good location within reach of everything; with standouts being the concierge service finding me great opera tickets and Steirereck reservations at short notice, good breakfast service with good espresso coffee.
On the negative side the internet access was slow and expensive, with no free access even in the lobby; the bathrooms are very small (hard to fix, I know); and checkout was quite slow.
I would probably try somewhere else next time, for comparison.

Room Tip: get a garden view room; the city room is not so good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Czech republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This Hilton is better average Hilton hotel, nice modern room (we had very nice corner room with floor to ceiling windows), friendly staff, quite a good breakfast.
Big benfit is the location. Located couple metres away from U-Bahn station and CAT station as well as railway station. Pretty easy to get there from anywhere.
Also it is extremely easy to get to the center. Just go straight, cross the park and after couple minutes you end up in the center of Vienna - Stephansplatz. The best place for schnitzel in Vienna called Figlmueller is located along the way from hotel to center.
Mentioned construction work is almost to the end and new shopping mall is opened opposite the hotel. The food store in this mall is opened till midnight, which is pretty rare in Vienna.
Executive lounge in this hotel is ok but nothing special.
When coming again to Vienna and staying in Hilton I would choose the Danube one, which was less busy and seemed to be more comfortable to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobcz
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in the middle of November. A very good hotel!! Great location, very rich breakfast. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Very comfortable beds. In a whole I would gladly recommend this hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Hilton Vienna and for sharing your experiences.

With pleasure I read that you enjoyed our location and your stay with us so much. Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to our guests.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Yours Sincerely,
HILTON VIENNA

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights at the beginning of our tour through Europe. The hotel is ideally situated for visiting most areas of Vienna. Staff were extremely helpful and the restaurants are great. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review about your recent visit at our property.

With great pleasure I read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to read that our customers are satisfied and that they appreciate the high level of service we aim to offer our guests. I will be sure to share your positive review with the entire team.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in November while attending a meeting in Vienna. The hotel is tastefully decorated with a large welcoming lobby. My room was of adequate size and comfortable. The breakfast was very good with an abundance of choices to suite all tastes. I had a beer at the bar which was outrageously priced and they charge for Wi-Fi which was disappointing. There is some work being done across the street but it wasn't noticeable to me. The hotel is steps away from 2 U-Bahn stations and easy walking distance to all the sites in the Old Town.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Vienna and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and services.

Further to your remarks on the Internet fees I would like to explain that we are currently in the process of implementing a new offer for our guests and I am happy to inform you that we will provide free Wi-Fi in our public areas latest by the end of the year.

Thank you once again for your very important feedback. With this you give us the chance to better adjust our services to the needs of our guests.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards,