“Terrific location overlooking the park”
Review of Hilton Vienna

Hilton Vienna
Ranked #110 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in November while attending a meeting in Vienna. The hotel is tastefully decorated with a large welcoming lobby. My room was of adequate size and comfortable. The breakfast was very good with an abundance of choices to suite all tastes. I had a beer at the bar which was outrageously priced and they charge for Wi-Fi which was disappointing. There is some work being done across the street but it wasn't noticeable to me. The hotel is steps away from 2 U-Bahn stations and easy walking distance to all the sites in the Old Town.

• Stayed: November 2012
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Vienna and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and services.

Further to your remarks on the Internet fees I would like to explain that we are currently in the process of implementing a new offer for our guests and I am happy to inform you that we will provide free Wi-Fi in our public areas latest by the end of the year.

Thank you once again for your very important feedback. With this you give us the chance to better adjust our services to the needs of our guests.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards,
Hilton Vienna

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Vienna Hilton twice - Oct. 27-30 and Nov. 6-7. Check-in both times was smooth. I was upgraded both times since I have Diamond status in the Hilton HHonors program. I was on the 10th floor both times - once with a view toward Karlsplatz, and the other with a view of Stadtpark and Stephansdom. Both rooms were very comfortable - the only issue I had was with the shower in the bathroom - it was hard to get the showerhead pointed exactly where you want it, but that is often the case in Europe where the showerhead is movable. I was pleasantly surprised on both visits with a nice plate of fruit and free bottles of water when I got to my room. The Executive Lounge on the 12th floor is a little on the small side for a hotel as large as this, but had the usual drinks and snacks. One evening, I went to the Executive Lounge before 6pm when they put hors d'oeuves out, and was surprised to see that before 6pm, if you wanted a beer or other drink, you had to pay for it. In any case, the snacks were good and they had a great selection of soft drinks, juice and alcoholic drinks after 6pm. Also, breakfast in the Executive Lounge was great - a lot of choices. Wireless internet access in my room was very good on each visit (and free for Gold and Diamond HHonors members). The location of the hotel is ideal as it is right next to the Stadtpark, and within very close proximity to two subway stations. As mentioned in other reviews, there is considerable construction going on outside of Wien Mitte station (which has subway, local train and airport train service) which is located diagonally across the street from the Hilton entrance. It was very frustrating to try to find the entrance to the City Airport Train at this station, since the usual entrance is blocked with construction. The signage to the temporary entrance is not that great, although I finally found it. And yes, the CAT is more expensive (12 euro) than taking a local train to the airport, but it does give you the opportunity to check your bags (depending on your airline, of course) at the station and gives you a non-stop ride to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cls4
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is big. It is spacious and official. Good interior and decor. It feels very safe as there is only key card to enter your floor. Breakfast is rich for all tastes and requirements. Fits perfectly for business trips and short stays. Otherwise it is a little be too standard and might seem boring. Though location is good for walking around.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at the Vienna Hilton, Stadtpark on November 3, 2012. We booked 2 rooms. Check-in went smoothly. We had asked for an early check-in (09:00) and were pleased to be accommodated. We found the front desk staff to be very pleasant and helpful. And we were given an upgrade since I'm a Hilton Honors member. The rooms were very nice, clean and the beds comfortable. The Vienna Hilton is in easy walking distance to St. Steven's Church and the historic center....about a 10 minute walk. There are plenty of good restaurants within a 15 minute walk. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Virgin Island Traveler
Reviewed November 6, 2012

we booked two nights Sept. 24 and Oct. 4, 2012 respectively on our arrival Europe on the first day and the very last night in Europe. the booking records from Hoteltravel.com were Executive Suite, but the first night we disputed with the reception since their booking from the HotelTravel.com was Deluxe room only, it was not a problem the first night we have the correct room as booked. But they have been awared of the mistake they made, no matter from the HotelTravel.com or the hotel reservation office, they refused to let us checked in the Executive Suite on Oct.4,and ask us to tak a deluxe room or simply leave (to sleep on street or rail station, they mean?) the reception clerk was very rude and impolite, without any compromise, we have no choice but accept this lower rate room for one night, and no one very come up to explain and apologize.
Hotel is rated as 5 stars, but dont believe it, the room and facilities is very old and no suitable maintenance/renovation for over 10 yeats I guess. This is a hotel we would not recommend and will never use it again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Leon H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a city centre international hotel chain it's what you would expect. Nothing much wrong with it but nothing to write home about. I've been staying here 2 or 3 times a year for the last 7 years but choose it simply because it is close to my Head Office. It's always full, the rooms are adequate and the location is useful however the building works outside the front door have been going on for years and the noise and dust are getting worse. The gym is too small and often full,and breakfast is a chaotic scrum. It's okay for business but not for leisure or relaxation. The Inter Con up the road is much better.

Room Tip: Opposite side to the building work by the CAT exit.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

There are much better hotels in Vienna the only positive is the location but there not the only hotel with a good location.Having not been impressed with the hotel at all what promoted me to write this review was what happened when I went to have breakfast around 8.15 other mornings I had to be up early but as this was the last morning and my significant other was still in bed I went to have breakfast before going to get some presents for home and was told along with other guest that there was no more table and to eat in the restaurant and we were to eat in the lobby apparently a member of staff was going to provide coffee/ orange juice which did not happen and we were to squeeze past the crowed blocking the door and help our self this was not acceptable and I could of looked past it if I had been provided with any kind of service in the lobby. The buffet in general in disappointing and the staff not helpful or friendly apart from the very friendly cleaning ladies. The room is clean, but only ok the fan noisy, but if not on the room is very hot, and bed very uncomfortable but there is defiantly better hotels. But Vienna itself is fabulous

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple