I stayed at the Vienna Hilton twice - Oct. 27-30 and Nov. 6-7. Check-in both times was smooth. I was upgraded both times since I have Diamond status in the Hilton HHonors program. I was on the 10th floor both times - once with a view toward Karlsplatz, and the other with a view of Stadtpark and Stephansdom. Both rooms were very comfortable - the only issue I had was with the shower in the bathroom - it was hard to get the showerhead pointed exactly where you want it, but that is often the case in Europe where the showerhead is movable. I was pleasantly surprised on both visits with a nice plate of fruit and free bottles of water when I got to my room. The Executive Lounge on the 12th floor is a little on the small side for a hotel as large as this, but had the usual drinks and snacks. One evening, I went to the Executive Lounge before 6pm when they put hors d'oeuves out, and was surprised to see that before 6pm, if you wanted a beer or other drink, you had to pay for it. In any case, the snacks were good and they had a great selection of soft drinks, juice and alcoholic drinks after 6pm. Also, breakfast in the Executive Lounge was great - a lot of choices. Wireless internet access in my room was very good on each visit (and free for Gold and Diamond HHonors members). The location of the hotel is ideal as it is right next to the Stadtpark, and within very close proximity to two subway stations. As mentioned in other reviews, there is considerable construction going on outside of Wien Mitte station (which has subway, local train and airport train service) which is located diagonally across the street from the Hilton entrance. It was very frustrating to try to find the entrance to the City Airport Train at this station, since the usual entrance is blocked with construction. The signage to the temporary entrance is not that great, although I finally found it. And yes, the CAT is more expensive (12 euro) than taking a local train to the airport, but it does give you the opportunity to check your bags (depending on your airline, of course) at the station and gives you a non-stop ride to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels. Set in the heart of Vienna, the hotel is just 16 minutes from Vienna International Airport by the city airport train. The main sights and most fashionable shopping streets are within walking distance.Relax in our comfortable guest rooms and enjoy a high standard of amenities. Located on the higher floors of the hotel, the Executive rooms offer breathtaking views over Vienna and exclusive Executive Lounge access with complimentary continental breakfast, drinks and snacks. Upgrade to a bright suite for extra space and excellent views from the private balcony. Try innovative Austrian cuisine on the alfresco terrace of S'PARKS restaurant or enjoy Austrian wines and Viennese coffees at the Lobby Bar & Lounge at this Vienna hotel. Work out in the well-equipped gym or unwind in the sauna, steam bath and relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Hilton International Vienna
- Vienna Hilton International