Hilton Vienna
$175
$124
  • Restaurant
Austria Classic Hotel Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$107
The Harmonie Vienna(Vienna)
$153
$141
3,461 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity airport trainwien mitte stationfree wifiexcellent locationcorner roomlobby baran upgradeper dayconvenient locationold citystandard roomexcellent breakfastmodern hotelpublic transportationstadtparkconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is wonderful and location perfect for a long weekend. I stayed four nights and upgraded at check-in to enjoy access to the lounge-- which had great warm and cold snacks and complementary drinks. Breakfast is also served in the executive lounge and is worth the upgrade fee. When you exit the hotel you're just across from the park and only a short walk from the river and central part of the city. It's also conveniently located by the train station that connects to the airport. If I return on holiday I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a park view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I needed a room last minute as my original hotel room's air conditioning was not working. As I was walking from the CAT airport train to the original hotel I passed the Hilton. I checked the rate before walking over and found 169 Euros per night on the internet. I walked over and reception told me 199 Euro. When I pointed out the lower late on the internet the receptionist told me that is for internet reservations. I asked if should take my laptop out and reserve the room..and he said no, I can give you the 169 euro rate.

I asked for a quiet room away from the street and room 120 was perfect. The bed was great and the air conditioning was perfect. I believe internet should be included these days but all and all, a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank injerusalem
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed at both the Vienna Hilton and Vienna Hilton Danube on business the first week of October for two days each. As I stayed at both Hilton hotels, wish to share impressions of both. Booked into Vienna Hilton as it had good prices early in the year, even though they were higher than those of the Vienna Hilton Danube. As my meeting locations changed during the week, booked also into the Hilton Vienna Danube also as their December Sale prices were excellent. With respect to location, the Vienna Hilton is locate in the city next to the LandstaBe Metro (U3, U 4, and from the airport, the S7). The access to the Metro is across the street and there are many shops and eating places nearby. The Vienna Hilton Danube is located outside of the city center on the Danube near to the Stadion U2 station; there are some small markets and a large shopping center nearby, but not restaurants. The access to the Metro is a short and circuitous walk (not pleasant if it is raining). As an HH member, the room I received at the Hilton Vienna was quite small, had two single beds pushed together, and the bathroom was cramped. The welcome gift was some wafers, but the evening food in the Executive Lounge was quite compelling. The chef obviously fussed and offered some interesting offerings. Kudos to this chef! The bathroom amenities were the large size shampoos, etc. Upon check-in I was invited to have breakfast at either the Executive Lounge or the breakfast restaurant. At the Vienna Hilton Danube, my room overlooked the Danube and was pleasantly large, with two double beds, and with an equally spacious bathroom. Interestingly, the bathroom amenities were the smaller varieties . The complementary gift was a bottle of wine! The Executive Lounge was quite spacious and occupied the whole 8th floor of the hotel. The evening nosh was disappointing, more like that offered in many US Hiltons, with an emphasis on re-heated and fried hors d'oeuvres; it was disappointing if you are not into high-fat foods. I was told upon check-in, that I was not entitled to use the breakfast restaurant. Notwithstanding both experiences were pleasant and I’d recommend either, depending on what your needs are.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Vienna for three nights. I used HHonor points for this stay so can't remark about the value because it was a great value for us.

Location:
Great location. Close to the city and all of its attractions but next to a park which gave some nice green space. The hotel is right across the street from a U-Bahn station that has the U3 and U4 lines. The airport train also stops at this station. There are small shops around the hotel that have anything that is needed during a stay.

Oct 2012: there is some construction at the subway station and into the street between the hotel and the subway station. There is some noise, mess, and detours but overall it didn't affect our multiple daily trips across the way to the hotel.

Room,
The room was a typical Hilton room. Clean with a very comfortable bed. 10th floor view of the city blocked at the bottom by the neighboring building, but overall nice to see every evening and morning. The fridge automatically charges for anything taken from it...but it does have a small personal section for things you want to keep cool.

Executive Lounge:
For those with access. The room was a nice size, it never felt crowded while we were there. Breakfast was delicious and evening refreshments were plentiful and varied with a good variety of beers.

Staff:
Staff was nice and helpful.

Overall excellent stay...it does have a big hotel feel...so if you are looking for a quaint European hotel this is not it. But we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a very good hotel with good amenties. The hotel service is excellent, lobby big with a good bar and seating that you can use for meetings etc. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I stayed there for five nighs on the 10th floor with a view over the city. Typical hotel room but the bed was very good - big and perfect. The room had iron and ironing board included and I cant tell you how happy I was with that. The only downside with this hotel is that you have to pay 9 euro per day for the internet - and this is the only hotel, so far, that I have stayed at that dont have the free wifi net available in the hotel rooms for guests.

All in all a good hotel!!!

Room Tip: Try to get hotel rooms far away from the elevators
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business