“clean, large rooms, very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Royal

Hotel Royal
Ranked #94 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Frederick, Maryland
“clean, large rooms, very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Royal for a business trip. Rooms were very nice and clean, services within the hotel were fine. Helpfulness of staff, especially at the front desk, was outstanding.
Good location.
I wanted to buy some Austrian soccer jerseys for my sons and the desk clerk thought that this was a great idea. Describe how to get to a sports apparel store on the other side of town using the subway. Turned out to be very easy - surprisingly so.
Explored much of old town on foot - lots of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 2005-travel-lover
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest 2005 Travel Lover,

thank you so much for your nice words.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel Royal and hope to welcome you soon again in one of our Kremslehner Hotels.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is impossible to think of better location than hotel Royal in Vienna! It is located next Stephan Cathedral and Kertnerstrasse and Graben. What can be better! The hotel is very traditional with good breakfast and very friendly staff/ The only two thing that seem strange in Royal - just awful old pillows, and absence of any programmes but in German in the old-fashion TV. The rest is wonderful - a lot places to see and to eat nearby/

Room Tip: my room was facing Singerstrasse street, it was O.K.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank victoria p
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest Victoria P,

thank you very much for you kind feedback.

We are happy that you had a great time and have enjoyed your stay in Vienna!
We are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to Vienna!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Its a good hotel, its near subway, bus station, when I got to this hotel they give me one smoking room, but I don`t smoke, so I ask to change at the reception, it was a good thing because the first room they gave me, was very small, with a heavy smoke odor, and without a view, I don`t know why they give me this room because on the time of the book, I put a note saying that I wish to have one non smoking room. I think its because the price I payed 320 euros for 5 days, and in each room they have the price on the wall, and on the first room the price was like 100 e something euros. On the second room the Price was 300 or 350 I don`t remember... But the lady at the reception was very nice, she change the minute that I ask. The second room that I got it was a big room, for 2 people, the bed its very low to the floor, so when you gonna law down if you are a tall person it fell like you are sitting on the floor... and I am a small person, but its a comfortable bed, its actually 2 single beds push together, and in the middle of the night the beds move on the middle... the hotel don`t have anything like gym, sauna etc, its just the hotel with 2 restaurants, you pay for the location, so if you wanna a hotel with sauna, pool, etc.. this is not for you. Because its very central, near the dome, and big stores you can get everything near the hotel, its a very good location, and from the train station to the hotel by taxi its not expensive. I eat in one of the restaurants the firenze I think near the reception, I eat a pasta was very good, the price a litlle bit expensive, everything in Wien is expensive I think it was because it was off season, I don`t know but wien its nice, but its a very expensive city. In front of the hotel there is a Macdonalds and they stay open until 1 am or 2 am, every day when they cleam my room they left chocalates on my pillow, was a nice gesture, the breakfast its very good, you get your own pot of coffee, and they have everything on breakfast, jams, fruits, cereals, a lot of breads, eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, teas, everthing... One thing, the wall are paper thin, I could hear the person next to my room walking in their room, turning on the tv, talking, one day when I was on the skype with my sister, someone nock on the wall! I think its because the floor are made of wood, so when someone on the other room walk you could hear, its very unnerving... I even hear someone snoring one night. Would I be back? I like so much the location that if I get the same price I would be back yes. And they give internet code for you use internet on your room. bytheway You need to leave an extra money like 50 euros in the reception in case you use the minibar, if you don`t use they give the money back. They staff are friendly, they give you maps, know locations when you ask, its a good hotel. Will be back. One thing I forget the bath... the showerhead its in the middle of the tub, and for the water to fall on you its terrible, because if you turn on it falls from the tub, and if you try to position for the sides it does not stay, so you have to hold the shower head.

Room Tip: My room was 14 on the 6 floor, its a front room, you can see the macdonalds, if you wanna to have a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank albavsilva
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest Albavsilva,

thank you very much for your feedback.

It is good the read that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Royal. We are deeply grateful for such specified reviews.

All advice given from you will be discussed and will help us to find better solutions for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Royal soon and remain with

kind regards from Vienna

Your Kremslehner Family & Team
Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

For sure you would find much better hotels nearby, with a great probability of being well treated.... at least for the big money you are paying if not for a simple GUEST status. Not speaking about the comfort, cleanness and poor breakfast.
If you are not lucky enough to find at the front desk the well educated kind of employees, probably you will experience the worst conversation ever for a check in.
I'm not gonna give many details,the fact is that they have two kind of employees: some of them with big lacks of education, English language skills and professional capabilities. They are also aggressive when they are confronted .
I can't imagine any reason a manager of a so respectable chain hotel, would keep such kind of people at the front desk. I bet there were many complains, actually I've seen them written here on TripAdvisor.
15 of January 2013 after 8 PM shift . There were witnesses too , petrified of the scene I've been through...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank rusticromania
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest RusticRomania,

thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in our Hotel Royal.

We were very disappointed to hear that you had reasons to complain - especially as customer service and staff friendliness is our utmost aim!

We heard that there were problems upon your check-in in regards to the garage, as the travel agency you booked did not inform you about our provided garage service. As all Viennese inner city hotels, we do not have our own garage but do offer a partnership with a special valet parking service, which is known to all agencies we work with!

We are very sorry that this misunderstanding occured and would like to apologise if our receptionist did not explain the procedure properly and in the correct manner.

On the side, we would like to stress that all our staff do speak English and that we do select them carefully.

We talked to the respective receptionist, who would sincerely like to apologise if she affronted you in any way.

We hope to welcome you another time to prove our professionalism.

Yours
sincerely

Uppsala, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had read some reviews about the hotel before I booked so I had seen other people who were removed to a sister hotel named Graben hotel. I was prepared of the fact that maybe we had to move too. When we arrived at Hotel Royal we were told that they were rebuilding and because of that there were no rooms left. They apologized and told us we would get an upgraded room and a man escorted us to Graben and carried my luggage. It was not long and we got a bigger room with bathtub so we didn't mind at all. In the room were two chocolat cakes that were their speciality, with a letter were they once again apologized the inconvenience. I think they solved the situation in a good way.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest Asepaasen,

thank you for your nice review, although you were moved to our Graben Hotel.

Unfortunately we were forced by unforeseen circumstances, we had to change the windows very quickly, to relocate you to our Graben Hotel.

We are happy that you still enjoyed you stay with us and that you accepted our apology, we really tried to find the best solution in this situation!

We hope to welcome you soon again

kind regards

Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

it was amazing to stay on the top floor in a beautifully renovated room. we loved the fact that it was right on Stepah;s Dom Square, close to shopping, restuarants, subway and all conveniences. the breakfast was great and the restaurant in the lobby area served a wonderful dinner menu as well

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest STinMB,

it was a pleasure for us to read your nice comment on tripadvisor, thank you very much for that!

It is very important for us that our guest are satisfied about their stay.

I will forward your feedback to our employees and hope that you will stay again with us in the future!

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Best location for going everywhere within or out of the city. Metro at your footstep as well as everything.
Room was clean and spacious. Although it was at the front of the hotel, no noise was heard.
Breakfast was very good, with loads of things to choose from.
The only downside for me was that smoking is no longer allowed in the hotel, but i managed to survive.

• Stayed February 2013
valimatzi, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest SophivosCyprus,

thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us!

We are happy that you had a great time and have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Royal.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again,

Your Kremslehner Family