This delightful hotel could not be in a better location with plenty of shops and restaurants close by and quite near to the glorious St Stephens cathedral. The bed was typically a trifle firm and the pillows too soft but all was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was the best encountered throughout Europe with a roomy shower which had extremely sensible non-slip floor tiles plus a grab rail, proving excellent for an elderly person. Breakfast was a very good buffet selection enjoyed in a pleasant dining room. Single rooms are not equipped with tea/coffee making facilities which is a shame but not a major issue. Overall this was a lovely place to stay in Vienna and well deserving of its star rating. However, as an elderly solo woman traveler I was treated with a degree of arrogance by two of the male reception staff which left me quite unnerved. One, in response to a polite simple request, answered brusquely, almost to the point of rudeness, which rather took me aback. The second instance occurred when it came to paying my account and I dared to ask why my acceptance of their offer of a small single room @ 75 Euros per night B&B had been confirmed at the much higher rate of 138 Euros without any explanation or my agreement. Well, hectoring is hardly a strong enough word for the response I received! Bear in mind I had paid my account and was not complaining about the room which was lovely, I was just trying to understand why my acceptance of their offer of a small single room @ 75 Euros per night B&B had become something else entirely. I was forcibly instructed that I had booked online (yes, on the hotel's own website) and nothing could be changed online and did I not understand that? No, I didn't understand it and I still don't and my question remains unanswered. I cannot help feeling that this reaction would not have been given to any male traveler. Throughout my month long sojourn in Europe this was the only instance of unpleasantness to which I was subjected. When I return to Vienna next year for a much longer
visit I will be booking elsewhere, hopefully, where I will be accorded the same degree of respect and courtesy given any paying guest regardless of age and infirmity!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find the HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH directly in the city center of Vienna, just next to the famous pedestrian zone the Kärntnerstraße and the Graben, only a few steps from St. Stephan`s Cathedral.Our 63 non-smoking rooms are located on four floors. Each room provides bathroom/shower and WC, and is equipped with satellite-TV, flatscreen TV, telephone, radio, minibar, roomsafe, internetaccessW-Lan (free of charge for our guests), and air-condition. Smoking is allowed in an own separate area in our breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kaiserin Elisabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Vienna
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Hotel Vienna