“Very friendly and excellently located hotel in Vienna”
Review of Kaiserin Elisabeth

Kaiserin Elisabeth
Ranked #33 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kaiserin Elisabeth hotel in Vienna on 19 May for 4 nights. The hotel is a lovely small hotel just off the main tourist street and just a 100 yards or so from the Cathedral. All main attractions are within a 5-15 minute walk. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The hotel does not have a restaurant but does have room service. There were many, many good restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel. The breakfast was very good and the waitresses lovely. The reception staff were exceptional and nothing was too much trouble for them. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good quality hotel right in the centre of the old City. I looked at a lot of hotels before deciding on the Kaiserin Elisabeth which was recommended to me by an Austrian friend. In my opinion the hotel offers extremely good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor (top floor) facing the inner courtyard and the room was spacious and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my first visit to Vienna, so I wanted a central location and a comfortable room. I got both plus some of the best service imaginable from the desk staff. First, as mentioned by others, the hotel is minutes away from St. Stephens Cathedral, and an easy walk to many of the city's best tourist sights. Additionally, the subway stop is even closer than the Cathedral, and using it is a snap. It is one quick stop away from the Opera, which made that evening's entertainment even more pleasant. I found buses easy to use as well, but the center of Vienna is very walkable, and filled with many wonderful architectural treasures. My room was a smallish single, but fully equipped and with a surprisingly large bathroom. Wifi worked well, and I was pleased that the window actually opened. My only quibble was that the room was generally too warm for my taste, and the a/c regrettably blew directly onto the bed. However, this was a relatively minor issue. I found that the desk staff were wonderfully helpful in referring me to restaurants, providing general information, and just being very pleasant. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but a small sandwich and coffee served in the lounge was reasonably priced and nicely served. I'd happily stay here again if I return to Vienna.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gotboxr
Klindert, Manager at Kaiserin Elisabeth, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Hotel Guest !

Thank you very much that you have taken the time to send us your kind comments.
It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH very much. We hope you will return to the city center of Vienna in the near future, as we will be very happy to welcome you again.

On behalf of the whole team and the management, we are sending kindest regards
Yours HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is located very close to the cathedral, on a quiet street close to underground station. Can be hard to see the hotel from a distant as it tends to blend with the surroundings. Tablet on entrance lobby wall shows which great and famous guests have rested here. Room did not include breakfast so cant comment, other guests say it was good for the price (€12 at time of asking). Three Starbucks within 250m if that is an alternative for you. Reception staff absolutely helpful and informative. Room comfortable but lacking any view, other than brick walls. Single bed very soft and comfy, quilt super fluffy. Floorboards noisy so take care not to clod hop about late at night. Bidet too low on wall, WC too high, but averages out I guess. Shower labyrinthine but good water pressure.

Felt very safe, a lot of street beggars around but not aggressive. Area well lit and with a lot of foot traffic even late at night.

Only issue was that the room (207) window faced an interior courtyard where the kitchen staff gather to smoke and shout at each other from 6AM. As needed fresh air had to get up and close window but by then already awake. A lack of projectiles scuppered my plan for revenge.

I will use this place again, but make sure not to be in that room (or bring some heavy objects next time) ;)

Room Tip: I can only say avoid 207 based on this trip. Non-smoking room fresh and very clean. Smoking allow...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at HKE. The hotel was elegant and charming, only steps away from
St. Stephen's Cathedral, and within walking distance to most of the places one would
wish to see in Vienna. Rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was consistently great. But what made my experience even more remarkable was the excellent service I received from Mr. Pour and his reception staff. They made every effort to be helpful and to make my stay memorable. I loved HKE so much that I returned to stay there again after visiting Prague.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maricar G

Dear Hotel Guest !

On behalf of our whole team we would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your kind comments. We hope to welcome you soon again at HOTEL KAISEIRN ELISABETH in Vienna

With kindest regards the staff of
HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth is located in the heard of Vienna - just few meters from St. Stephen's Cathedral.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable, rooms are big enough, equipped with everything you may need.

Staff is polite and helpful.

Breakfasts ... just fantastic, tasty!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hra_12
Reviewed April 28, 2013

You really are in the very best location when you stay in this hotel. Right next to the main shopping street, 2 minutes walking distance from The Cathedral, and within walking distance to frankly everything. This smart, formal and small hotel was my choice to spend 2 nights when I traveled alone to visit friends who live just outside the City. A single room was unavailable when I booked, so I had a good size double, looking onto the hotel courtyard that was lovely and quiet. The bathroom was large, modern and luxurious. The reception staff were extremely courteous (except on one occasion when I arrived back at the hotel 15 minutes after midnight after dining with my friends, to find the hotel front door locked!)? My only complaint is how curt to the point of rudeness the breakfast waitresses were. I rather dreaded my second breakfast, and even considered missing it and going to one of the many wonderful coffee houses on the doorstep! Overall an excellent choice and to be recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bumble S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Three visits to Vienna in three years. Three stays at the Kaiserin Elisabeth Hotel. Returning again and again on business, our experiences at this very European hotel have met every expectation. Over the years, the reception staff has virtually remained the same and when we check in, it's like seeing old friends again. The consistency and professionalism of the staff says something very positive about this hotel. Located on a small, side street, KEH is steps away from great restaurants, major sites, galleries, and a variety of very sophisticated stores.

The rooms are also consistent - consistently good with their comfortable beds and good pillows, wood floors, high ceilings, flat screen TV, and traditional furnishings including a "schrank," a free standing closet with shelves and wooden hangers. The bathrooms are large with soft towels, good shower fixtures and the amenities you want and expect. High speed Wi-Fi is included. Also included is a very good breakfast buffet served in a stylish dining room that satisfies US as well as continental tastes. The only negative is that during the early morning hours, deliveries are made which affect front-facing rooms. If you sleep with windows open or want absolute quiet, request an interior room.

The public rooms have added value for the business traveler as well as the tourist. The lobby is like a large, elegant living room with small seating clusters furnished with leather club chairs. These are conducive to private conversation. Over the fireplace is a formal portrait of the beautiful Kaiserine Elisabeth. Tea, coffee and cocktails are available.

The amenities, the atmosphere and a superb location are reasons why the KEH continues to be our Viennese hotel of choice. Yes, there are nearby boutique hotels with their slick furnishings and edgy appeal. But for us, the old world charm of the KEH and the excellence of its service trumps all the others.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hotel Guest !

It is really nice to know that you value the atmosphere and the special spirit of HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH. Already now we are looking foward to welcome you in future again, latest next year hopefully.

With our kindest regards from Vienna
the staff and management of
HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH