“NH stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“NH stay”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Hotel has perfect location, staff always friendly and price can not be bitten. In addition hotel is very clean.

Hotel is perfect for transit passengers as well as for people who stay in Vienna for few days as tourist.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Angelika P, Manager at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear `Alex M´,
thank you so much for taking the time to send your compliments! We are very happy to read that you had a great experience with us and you liked our location, the friendliness of our staff as well as our good value for money.
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks!
With best regards from Vienna,
Angelika Ponecz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Venice, Italy
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Arrived at 23.00. Raining. Reception was staffed with five attendants, but almost all of them occupied with one Spanish customer, who was yelling and jumping like mad at them for some issues related to room change , what have you. One (Spanish) receptionnist was free but not ready to take care of me since " almost off duty". I told him that, given the turmoil provoked by the lady customer, he should have had to deal with my booking as a last resort. Couldn't find it ! Woman still yelling. Couldn't find it under various names and languages of spelling, including Castellano. Finally he retrieved it, after I took my ID from my car parked outside ( under the rain). The excuse was : " Without passport I cannot find the reservations" (sic)-
He finally gave me the room card-key. Went out to take the luggage from the car, under the rain. Nobody helped. Went straight to the floor of my room with my luggage. Card was NOT working ! Of course.Went down again , with all my suitacases, got the right keycard ( from a different staff) and finally I am in. How is the room ? I don't care. Hope to leave at the earliest.

1 Thank anticorpo
Angelika P, Manager at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much tor taking the time to share your experiences after your stay with us. We constantly aim to provide our guests with the finest of facilities and services and we are very sorry that we did not met your expectations.
We would like to offer you our sincere apologies for the negative experiences you had during your Check- in.
Please be assured that we will discuss this situation in our management team and we are taking your experience seriously and we will use it in order to re-train our members of staff, in order to prevent experiences like yours in the future.
We do understand that this cannot change the experience you have had in our hotel anymore. We would really hope to get a second chance from your side and we would definitely seize this opportunity to regain your trust in our quality and services.
Thank you once again for sharing your experiences with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the same reason most people do – we had a very early morning flight out of Vienna. I was pleasantly surprised with what we found. The room was nice, very modern, very clean. The front desk staff was helpful. The public spaces were comfortable and inviting. I have read other reviews for this hotel and am beginning to wonder if there is a “bad” section that requires renovations that we were spared because we found nothing to complain about. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation, given the same circumstances that brought us here in the first place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear `Trina J`,
thank you very much for posting such a nice comment about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are very happy that you liked our rooms, the ambience of our hotel as well as the friendliness of our staff.
Thank you for your recommendation and we all hope to welcome you soon back at the NH Vienna Airport!
Egypt
Reviewed August 22, 2014

If you are stopping over in Vienna, there is not much choices, the hotel is a walking distance from the arrival hall , like 3 minutes walking. Very clean and the food is not bad at all. The rooms are nice and the house keeping service is very efficient and fast. Three negatives in the NH airport hotel: it's too expensive comparing to what you get "money value" , the lobby is too cold, it needs more seating areas and maybe some rugs. They defiantly need a second restaurant offering small meals not a buffet.

Room Tip: high floor rooms are always good in city hotels to avoid the noise
1 Thank Bassemgobran
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your Customer Comment. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our location, our rooms and service, especially our efficient housekeeping service, so much.
Your feedback constantly helps us to further improve our service and we will definitely take your recommendation concerning more seating areas and rugs in the lobby in consideration.
Please be informed that our a la carte restaurant "Mundo" will be reopened in September, but we alternatively offer a la carte service in our Buffet restaurant at the moment.
Snacks and small dishes are also available at our lobby bar.
Looking forward to your next visit I send you my best regards,
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Walking distance from the terminal. Nordic minimalistic design but without the real flavour of true "nordic hotels". Small room. Small and old TV. No pay-per-view, Wi-fi terribly slow. Food OK. Impersonal. Why nobody really cares about these dormitories?

Room Tip: Ask for double beds
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and we welcome any opportunity to improve. I´m very sorry that you were not satisfied with the size and style of your room and the TV. Please be informed that we offer different room categories with different sizes and styles and that in all remaining rooms the recent TV will be replaced with a flat screen TV in the next weeks.
Furthermore we are sorry that the quality of our free WIFI did not meet your needs, we will forward your reclamation to our IT Department, who is always working on improvement.
Once again thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
With best regards from Vienna,
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during the overnight layover on my flight to the US last winter. The price was acceptable but the reviews left me in doubt of service and cleanliness of the place. However, immediately after arrival to the NH Hotel I realized that it is clean, warm, and has friendly staff. Rooms and bathrooms are not large but they are clean and have all the necessary amenities. The popcorn walls and ceilings show that the building isn't new, but the interior design and colors make it look much younger. The best part of the whole stay - breakfast buffet. Even if they want extra money for it - take it. The selection is one of the widest that I've seen in Europe and everything was fresh and tasted great. Free Wi-Fi was a great bonus that made me
Anther great thing about the location of this hotel is that you can reach Vienna city center in under 30 minutes by train (for a few Euros). The train station is located under ground 1 minute walk from this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Angelika P, Manager at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your Customer Comment. We are all very proud that we were able to make your stay at our hotel such a pleasant one. I really appreciate especially the lauding words on our breakfast buffet with its wide and fresh selection.
So, whenever you return to Vienna, we would be very happy to welcome you again at the NH Vienna Airport.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I got to spend one night in this property en route to Bangkok, compliments of Austrian Airlines due to technical problems with the aircraft. The NH is located just a 3 minute walk from the departure hall, as I approached the modern looking building and entered into the lobby I was quite impressed by the slick design which immediately raised my expectations for the room. I was quite surprised to find it in stark contrast to the public spaces in the hotel, the minimalist design and varnished wood was replaced by white tacky ornate retro furniture and ugly carpet. I'm no interior designer, but please!? Everything worked, comfortable bed... Thank you, but I will not come back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
thanks a lot for taking the time to write an review after your stay with us. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, everything worked and that you were satisfied with our comfortable beds.
Please be informed that we offer different categories with different décor and furnishing for every taste. Our reservation team gladly assists you with your booking and tries to take all costumer demands in consideration.
We hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the NH Vienna Airport!
Angelika Ponecz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
MOXY Vienna Airport
Boutiquehotel Hein
#2 of 6 in Schwechat
ibis Vienna Airport
#4 of 6 in Schwechat

Been to NH Vienna Airport Conference Center? Share your experiences!