“Good, Basic, Clean”

NH Vienna Airport Conference Center
Ranked #149 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good, clean, basic hotel ideal for overnight accommodation at the airport. Just outside the terminal building in easy walking distance. I arrived too late to get an evening meal so can't comment on the quality or price. However breakfast was included and was of good quality. Fruit juice, cereal, continental or cooked breakfast all available. No problems with check out would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Angelika P, General Manager at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear `Perkisc104729`,
thanks a lot for posting your experience at our hotel.
We value our guests´comment and I am really glad that
accomodation and breakfast met your expectations.
Looking forward to your next visit I send you my best regards,
Angelika Ponecz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,462)

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night at this hotel after a one week trip to Prague and Rome. It was like the icing on the cake. Everything was perfect regarding cleanliness, service, luxurious rooms, and the breakfast was excellent. In the morning it only took two minutes walking from the hotel to the airport to make the check-in in the terminal.
I thought that the mini bar was free cos they never asked me whether I took anything from it.
If you are looking for a hotel that is near the hotel, this is the best that you can choose.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Haidarali,
thank you so much for taking the time to send your compliments!
Great feedback like yours is alway very much appreciated and we are happy to
hear that you had a perfect stay!
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by
your remarks!
Looking forward to your next visit I send you my best regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went to this hotel when my flight has cancelled in the beginning of 2013. It's near to Vienna airport. It's quite, clean, delicious food and helpful staff. I have stayed in this hotel for two days with my friend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Angelika P, Manager at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear ´Mohannad A`,
thank you for your kind comment posted on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read that
you enjoyed your stay at the NH Vienna Airport.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!
With best regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ultra convenient to airport. Overpriced. The decor in my room is like stepping back into the 1950's. Why don't they upgrade? Good grief, especially considering what they charge! The restaurant is way too expensive, also. Decent food though. They know they have a good thing with the location. Oh well, i will say it was a quiet room, even if it felt like i was stuck in 1950. I should have gotten a refund for the decor. The reception employees were not in any hurry to help.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GuyTraveler324

Dear `Guy Travel`,
thank you for your positive comments about the location of the hotel as well as the good food and the quiet rooms. I am very sorry that the decor of the room did not meet your expectations.
I regret that you had the impression you described above but can assure you that we keep investing in the product on a regular basis.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again!
Best regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I sometimes use this hotel when I have an early flight from Vienna airport. It is conveniently situated right across the terminal. And that is the only reason for using the NH. Rooms are good, quality is good, service is good. Bur everything is over-priced. You get “complimentary” wifi access, as slow as your dial up access from home twenty years ago. So you’re forced to opt for the high speed connection, which gives you normal speed, at an extra charge of 10 Euro, plus minus the same as what you pay at home for a high speed connection for a whole month. Price of a bottle of water in your room: 5 Euro. A tip: if you go to terminal 3 – this is only a three minute walk – you’ll find a small supermarket with everything you would normally take from the minibar at much better prices. I bought a bottle of water for 50 cents. And once you’re there you can pick up some chocolate, peanuts, or whatever else you need to get over another night on your own in a hotel room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Angelika P, General Manager at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear `Peter J`,
thank you very much for posting your review.
We value our guests´comment and I am really glad that
our rooms, our quality as well as our service meet your expectations.
I have to apologize for the inconveniences you had with the WIFI and
I will double check this with our IT Departement.
The prices in our hotel are adapted to the hotel market in Vienna.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to
welcoming you back to the NH Vienna Airport.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location is perfect for a transit as it is opposite the arrivals. Rooms are too small. Service very poor. Every time we stay at this hotel we ask for a triple room and we get a twin. We always have to make a complain in order to get the third bed fixed. Food is average for the money you pay. We stay there only because of the location.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear `RitsaDem`, thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Feedback from our guests allows us to constantly improve our service.
I am very glad that our location were to your complete satisfaction and
I want to appologize for the inconveniences you had in the past with the
triple room and the service.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I hope that you will give
us a chance the next time you come to Vienna.
Best regards, Angelika Ponecz

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was here during a transit at Vienna airport. Chose this hotel because they had a day room and was right across the street from the airport. Rooms were small, clean but looked like they were from decades ago.

Since my flight was departing at close to midnight, I was told at check in that I could extend my 7pm check out to 9pm for an extra 20€ which was perfect for me.

Came back down a few hours later and there was a different story, apparently the reception said that there were no available rooms and I had to check out at 7pm. I pressed further citing the original offer at check in and then was told that I could stay the rest of night if I paid for the full day. So the hotel did not have available rooms if I wanted to pay for a late check out but had available rooms if I wanted to pay for the night?

I escalated to the manager who finally explained to me that their real constraint was the cleaning staff who needed to have the rooms cleaned by 8pm before they left. He finally agreed to an 8pm late check out which was fair given the constraints, but not a single apology from anyone after being lied to in my face.

Advice to the NH Vienna Airport management

1. Do not offer anything to the customer if you cannot deliver. I was offered a paid service which I was happy to pay for, yet they retracted the offer without a single apology or alternative.

2. Do not lie to the customer. I understand limitations and constraints, and I'm more than happy to work around them but to hear that there were no rooms available at one point and 3 minutes later offered a room for the night is an obvious lie.

I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend anyone else to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank farulg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
MOXY Vienna Airport
Landstraße
Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna
Neubau
25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier

Been to NH Vienna Airport Conference Center? Share your experiences!