“wonderful convenience for early departure; worth the 20 euro upgrade to larger room”

NH Vienna Airport Conference Center
Ranked #145 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had an early flight the next morning. It was so worth it to be right next door to the airport. Furthermore, there were groceries/prepared foods and wine, etc. available at shops outside the airport security area, so we could pick up a few items at the airport very conveniently. We were also able to get our boarding passes the night before and orient ourselves to the layout of the airport check in area, as it had changed since our last visit.
We did opt to upgrade a level from the most basic room, in order to have a bit more space. When I asked to see the room before upgrading, the very polite clerk explained there was no way to look at it first! She was able to describe it enough that we decided to go ahead. Perhaps this is common practice at hotels in Vienna, but it seemed odd to me not to be able to look at a room before booking it.

The convenience, though, means everything at this hotel. We literally were at check in within five minutes of walking outside the hotel door: no limos, trains, etc. to deal with

Room Tip: The basic room is pretty small and spartan. A twenty euro or so upgrade might be worth it if you wi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank worldtravelinggrandm

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Across the street from the airport, we couldn't beat the location.

I was skeptical about the distance, but it's a small airport (not like LAX or JFK), and we literally walked across the street to the hotel. The CAT (fast train that costs a little more but is direct) is also across the street, making central town transit accessible / quick.

We thought the room itself was not the greatest, but at least was on the large side and was clean. The hotel (even the upgraded side) seemed "tired", CRT TV's, etc. We had a really early morning flight, so for us, this was probably the most convenient place to stay. no regrets. If we had another early morning flight out of Vienna, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were absolutely exhausted from flying over 30 hours (from New Zealand) on our way to our final destination and we were looking, no correct that, desperate for a shower.
We were very disappointed at the Airport terminal itself as there weren't any facilities for travellers, e.g. seating, showers and an informative information centre. There were shops, shops an more damn shops - lol
So when we heard from a total stranger that there might be a possibility of great service from a hotel across the road, we made the very short walk there.
We were greeted by probably the best service we could have dreamed of from a wonderful gentleman by the name of Jeffrey (?)
We didn't get his surname, but I didn't care as he was OUTSTANDING!!
I think he could see that we were tired, completely exhausted and in need of a shower.
He explained that the shower facility was open between certain hours as it was apart of the in house gym facilities. We didn't care and signed up straight away; it was going to be an hours wait. We paid up front. I can't remember how much, but it wasn't much and I would've paid anything for a shower at that moment.
He invited us to sit in the dining area for breakfast or a coffee, even though we weren't guests at the hotel. We gratefully took up his offer and enjoyed further good service from the dining room staff and enjoyed a great coffee. I think we were too tired to eat then.
Once our time was available, we were taken down to the gym and really enjoyed what was possibly the best shower in my life (well after such a long journey, it felt like it).
Towels, soap and shampoo were available for us to use.
The only downside was I couldn't lock the door and was a bit nervous that someone would walk in while I was in all my glory - haha - but o be honest, I was too tired to even care.
I felt like a million dollars when I left.
One day, we will stay in this hotel knowing the service is second to none.
So, to surmise, Jeffrey, you were our hero in our hour of need and I would defiantly stop by again to see you. I can't begin to thank you enough, but please know that your name has now been sent world wide :)
If you have a layover at the Vienna Airport itself, get out and meet some more "Jeffreys" it is so worth it, even if you just go outside and sit in the car park and enjoy your coffee and food area like we did, it was worth it.
Jeffrey, WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Fiona & Rob

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was impressed for the quality level of this structure though the price are not exactly "cheap", the level of the service make it worth of it. Service, Rooms, Restaurant, Breakfast buffet and location for those who need to catch a flight in the morning make it the perfect place to be.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

One big advantage of this hotel is that it is just next to the airport...Next door...stayed there for one night, and everything was fine...I took a superior room as not only is the room quite bigger then the standard one, but you also get additional 20% off in bar and restaurant, which makes a good deal if you tend to eat and drink there...Breakfast was nice and tasty....There is a glass mirror which separates the bedroom with bathroom...If you tend to share the room with a friend, it can be kind of awkward as you can see (hardly, but still can see if you want to spy! :))....the other person while in the bathroom....They should definitely replace the TV, as it is from 80s......Overall, if you are stranded at the airport for a night, you can't go wrong with this hotel...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel is very clean,comfortable and quiet.The food was excellent.Water pressure in the bathroom was rather low but the air-conditioning in the room was good.Wireless Internet was very slow! Conclusion: Good place to spend a night when transitting via VIE.This hotel is always great value and never excessively priced even at late notice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent one night here on my way from the Middle East to North America. It was my second stay at this hotel. The most important point is that you could not be closer to the airport unless you slept on a bench in the departure lounge...it is a one minute walk across a parking lot.

The hotel and my room are clean and intended mostly for the business traveller. The selection of English language TV was a bit limited, but the room was fine. The bathroom was quite large even by North American standards which was nice. There easiest place to eat is the buffet on the main floor. The selection is good but not expansive and the price is a bit high, but it is a business hotel in Europe. My only complaint on the dining experience is that the tables are so close together you feel like joining those next to you in conversation.

My only reservation is that the gym closes relatively early for an airport hotel (10 PM) and there is not pool or even hot tub for relaxing. But I think this is a North American expectation.

I would stay at the hotel again if I had to overnight in Vienna and didn't have time to go into the city itself.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
MOXY Vienna Airport
ibis Vienna Airport
#5 of 6 in Schwechat
Neubau
25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier

Been to NH Vienna Airport Conference Center? Share your experiences!