“Traditional hotel”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #107 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Actually, the hotel is not new but traditional and good atmosphere.

Positive:
It looks very nice from out side. The inside is chic and traditional.
Staffs, especially, receptionists are very friendly and kind.
I like the break first, it is normal vienna buffets, I guess. but tastes very nice.
The room is clean and big enough.
Price was quite nice.

Negative:
My room has small desk it is hard to work.
The location is a bit far from downtown.
The staff forgot to clean my room once.
At check out date, before my checkout, a gentleman come in my room suddenly and asked me "when you go out?", after he recognized me. He did not apologize. Who is he?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank your very much for your detailed feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you liked our Hotel Regina with its traditional Viennese style and that you appreciated our breakfast buffet, the rooms and the services proposed by our staff.

Thank you also for mentioning the less positives points. The rooms are cleaned in the morning, latest until 2pm. Only if a room has a “don’t disturb” sign at the door, the room maid will get back to the room in the afternoon. Regarding the “gentleman” coming in your room, it was one of our Floor Manager. He was checking the cleaned rooms and entered by mistake your room.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Good points: Breakfast bar amazing choices, Victorian old charm decor,
Very helpful staff, Good transport links

Bad points: They won't change linen if you don't request for it...for me it's a
Big NO NO...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank numan76
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Guest Numan 76,

with pleasure we have read your comments and will certainly share them with our staff. Thank you for all the positive points in our hotel. Regarding the linen, we are disappointed to hear that you had some problems. The linen are changed everyl 3 days (each third day).

We hope to welcome you again next time you visit Vienna.

Best regards!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Lovely stylish hotel with an old world and modern feel. Excellent location. The breakfast was tasty and wide ranging, the Restaurant Roth onsite served really lovely quality food. The hotel is only 400 metres from the Schottentor Tram and UBahn station and only 15 minutes walk into the heart of Vienna.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roscoe226
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at our Hotel Regina. We are pleased to read, that you had a nice experience at our hotel and that you liked our location. We are proud of our old Viennese style with the modern amenities and we are glad to hear, that you loved it.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our last two days of our Rick Steves Germany, Austria and Switzerland tour. So, I can't speak to the cost of what we got.

The hotel location was good and close to old town. But, room 129 we stayed in was badly in need of a renovation. It looked like it was from the 1940s or 1950s. The toilet was in a small room by itself. It reminded me of a head on a small boat.

The room key was a standard metal key with a heavy fob that you had to turn in at the front desk every time you left the hotel. I hate these kind of keys since anyone could walk in and ask for the key then rob you.

The bath tub was real funky with a half tub and half seat. Probably designed for the elderly. The hose to the shower head leaked and sprayed everywhere. We had to have housekeeping come and remove a spider nest from the ceiling above the bed.

The folks at the front desk spoke ok English and were helpful when needed. The best parts of the hotel were outside the room. The lobby, waiting area and restaurant were very classic Vienna and quite beautiful.

WiFi sucks from the room (like most hotels in Europe) but worked fine from the area on each floor where they have a computer for guest use. It also worked in the lobby. I could see the Votive Church from our window which I guess is something.

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was quite good. The staff was friendly and spoke good English.

If they renovate the rooms I would stay here again. Otherwise, go to their sister Hotel Johann Strauss just south of old town (but close to subway line). We went there after our stay at Regina. It's not quite as classy and doesn't have a restaurant but the rooms are much more updated (restaurants are nearby).

Room Tip: Avoid room 129 until they renovate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimFromAuburn
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your very detailed impressions on TripAdvisor.

Regarding the rooms, we are delighted to inform you that in order to offer our guests an even better service, we decided to renovate the rooms in 4 floors facing the Votiv church (1st – 4th floor: 30 rooms) from scratch (new bathrooms, new wooden floors etc.) and at the same time we will extend our air condition system. This is a separate section of the Hotel. The other parts of the Hotel will not be affected.

Regarding the toilets by itself, this is typical Austrian. Almost all our rooms have separate toilets. The bathtub will be changed in the course of the renovation

Regarding the keys, we still have the traditional “old” fashioned “real” keys. This goes conform with the very Viennese style of our Hotels and is part of our special charm. At reception you receive the keys only after proving your identity.

Regarding the spider nest in your room, we are really very sorry. We already spoke to our house keeping, this is not acceptable. Please let us apologize again for this matter.

Thank you also for your nice feedback about our Restaurant Roth, for this feedback we answered separately

Hoping to welcome you also next time you visit Vienna in our new rooms

Best regards

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Its my third time at Hotel Regina and the service has always been good in the hotel and in its restaurants. Rooms are relatively small and the one I had was not recently renovated but very neat all the same. Do not forget to turn the lock with the room key, otherwise the lock is open. This happened to me a couple of times but luckily no harm done ;-) The key is a real key, not a plastic card. My room was not totally quiet, some sounds from the adjacent rooms but outside noise was very reasonable. My room was on the Votive church side which has been under reconstruction during the last two years time. Free wifi is a bonus but it becomes bogged down during the times most people use it. Was a bit of problem when I tried to work. My room got very warm and the only way I could cool it down was by opening a window, typically towards the end of night if not earlier. One just needs to cross the Roosevelt Platz and yuo can find the city centre with many restaurants, shops, caffees, museums and exhibitions. I will come VIenna again as a tourist.

Room Tip: You can always ask a quiet room, the staff is helpful. Higher floors tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jari K
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest Jari K,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your stay at our Hotel Regina.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and that you appreciated our amenities. Thank you again! Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a centrally located hotel that takes pride in its legacy extending back into 19th century. The hotel seems to be a hereditary family business along with some other hotels belonging to them in Vienna.
The building itself is really nice and fully deserves its name. The interior is indeed, as someone put it here, a reflection of a glorious past. Rooms are clean and nice - nothing too shiny though - you have everything you need in a room: comfortable beds, tv, and even wireless internet. My room lacked any decent view from its window, because it was facing an inner "yard-like opening" (not sure how to call it). But it was a business trip and I was tired every night, so window views were not my thing.
The breakfast had good selection of food for the morning and the coffee tasted good. Couple it with the view from the breakfast restaurant and you get a perfect start of the day.
Considering the location, the price, the free internet, and the quality of their breakfast, I would recommend this hotel any time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelEst

Dear Guest TravelEst,

with pleasure we have read your comments after your recent stay at our Hotel Regina.

We are delighted to read that you appreciated our Hotel, especially the location, our hotel, the breakfast, etc.

If you want a room change upon your next visit, please let us know immediately

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel very recently for a business meeting.When I arrived the lady at the front desk checked me in very quickly but when I opened the door of the room given,unfortunately it was not ready yet.This was unacceptable for such a hotel.I came back from the 4th floor with my luggages and asked for another room she insisted to give the same room and told me to wait at the lobby.IAfter a while she gave me another room.The exterior of the hotel and even the entrance was nice like an old palace but the room standard was almost 3 star.The breakfast and the lunch were very good.The location was also good and you can even walk to Stephanplatz in 15 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms looking to the exterior site of the building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank doctorankara

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences faced at arrival. You are absolutely right! Upon your arrival, the room should not have been allocated to you and our receptionist should have asked for your patience until our housekeeping service would have given the room for free! Please apologize again!

Regarding the location of our hotel and our restaurant Roth, we are happy that we could exceed your expectation and want to thank you for your compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.