“Funky decor and friendly home in Vienna”
Review of Hotel KUNSThof

Hotel KUNSThof
Ranked #158 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice friendly place in Vienna - good breakfasts, free WiFi, a bar if you need it and helpful staff. I lost my bags and the boss called for me and staff were really good about getting a signature for insurance when they finally showed up! While it is not in the centre city, it is very close to good transport (praterstern).
What I will remember most is the interesting and varied artwork in rooms and common areas, and the persian rugs on the floors.

Room Tip: Some noise travels up from guests in central courtyard which mean need to shut the windows - a probl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have spent 5 days in this convenient, comfortable and affordable hotel. Excellent location: only a few hundred metres from Praterstern Metro Station. Free wifi connection, no air conditioning (no problem you just need to open the windows to have fresh air). The staff is familiar, friendly and very helpful. You don't have the hair dryer in the room but dont worry: the reception will lend you one. Quite clean. I would really recommend it.
Ferdy 58

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Exclennet Buedget hotel with cool art features in the hotel. Location good near Prakenstren railways station and not so far to walk from inner city. Excellent Breakfast buffe!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I prebooked the hotel's airport pickup service as I was arriving late at night. Their driver never showed up. I called the hotel at least four times and spoke to the man on reception. He told me each time he would call the company and to call him back, which I did, at my expense. The last call I made, after waiting an hour for the driver, I was told the company had no way of contacting their drivers and I should take a taxi. After arriving at the hotel I was offered a glass of prosecco for my trouble at the airport, which I declined as it was very late. I intended to speak to the management the next morning but I had a full schedule and didn't want to waste anymore time so instead sent a reply to my original email which confirmed the driver. I also expressed my disappointment at being abandoned at the airport. I received no response.

The hotel itself is very nice. The location is convenient to the main station and the city centre is a 30-minute walk away. The hotel's breakfast, not included, is very good and the room was spacious and clean.

I consider the mark of a good hotel to be its customer service. Mistakes happen and things don't always go to plan. What makes a good hotel is its attention to its customers and their problems. This hotel made a bad first impression and nothing was done during my visit to change my mind.

I gave this hotel an average rating for the sake of its rooms, breakfast and location. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Kunsthof just for one night, the room was decent, very clean, the bathroom was very cramped. However the location is great, walkable from Praterstern where one can get OBB connections, U-bahn and the trams as well. There are a variety of eating options at Praterstern as well including a McDonald's. I felt Hotel Kunsthof could include the breakfast buffet in the room rent, else its a bit pricey. When we stayed there, some party was happening across the street and Police was trying to break it off. We didn't hear any noise in our room though.
The hotel and rooms are decorated with contemporary art pieces which is a nice touch. The staff was very friendly and helpful, cleared lot of my travel related doubts. Overall I was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bigger bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is situated near the Prater. The railway and metro station are vert closed, about 250 metres. Rooms are not so big but they are very clean and hot: it is good if you go to Wien in winter, beacuse the city is very cold!!! Bathroom is clean and quite big. There is a lift into the hotel: it is ok if you have heavy bagages! Staff is very nice and everytime ready to give you informations. I suggest this hotel to everybody!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com