“Disappointment”

Ranked #263 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Sibenik, Croatia
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Trip to Viena was a surprise for my bday, so i didn't know where I was going. First impression of hotel Kavaliere was good, but not for too long. Two of tree receptionist are unkind, unfriendly and not helpfull, rooms are ok, furniture is oooold, but it doesn't bother me, wifi si from pre-historical times and it' s the biggest problem, on TV you can watch only german programmes. Oh, important fact are only 2 electrical sockets in the room, one in the bathroom, and second one on the table. Breakfast is good, but I really do not understand how the 4* hotel doesn't have restaurant which offers at least dinner??? They charged my boyfriends credit card 15 days before we arrived, and at the check in nobody asked us for any kind of document! In real world this would be 2* hotel.
I do not recommend.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TamIva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, it was very clean, nice decorated, nice bathroom quite new hotel. The breakfast was very good. The location is far from downtown, but easy to access. You need tramway and metro to reach center. So if you plan nightlife at Vienna, you might have problem at night to get back. All others are fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UG-Traveller
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel itself (rooms, bathroom) and the service were fine, but due to its location right next to the train station it was extremely noisy at night, the trains woke us up several times during the night!
Staff was friendly and the breakfast was good, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel because of the noise; if you are looking for a relaxing stay in Vienna, this is not the hotel for you. Maybe it's more quiet if you have a room facing away from the train station, but I wouldn't bet on it. Also, in my opinion, the hotel is not up to a 4-Star Standard, they don't even offer free Wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, take a room facing away from the train station
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank littlemissstrawberry

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights as part of our Cosmos tour. The hotel was clean, tidy but showing signs of its age. The staff were helpful and polite and delivered our bags promptly. It's a bit out of town and in a very worn down part of the city, which was a bit of a surprise to us, and we didn't feel safe running the streets early in the morning before the streets wake up for the day. Breakfast was good, with plenty of choice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ngaire B
Galashiels, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Kavalier Hotel is located a few kilometres from central Vienna.I arrived after a long coach journey from Salzburg.At check in I was allocated a room on the 3rd floor.The room was large with two single beds,an old fashioned box TV and a safety deposit box.Unfortunately,there was no Coffee/Tea making facility.
The En-Suite bathroom was a good size with a Bath/Shower and a good supply of clean towels.
I needed to get some clothes ironed and there is a services area on the -1 floor where there is an Iron and board,there is also a Sauna in the area as well.You have to obtain a swipe key card from reception for access to the services area.
There is railway lines to the rear of the hotel but the trains posed no noise problems for me.
Breakfast buffet was in the restaurant on the ground floor where a good choice of food was available.
My two problems with the Kavalier hotel were the lack of any reasonable restaurants/cafes or bars nearby and it's location.I stayed at the hotel for two nights and was reasonably satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 awful nights on route from Prague to Frankfurt, I have stayed in many hotels in many parts of the world, but never one like this. Understaffed and very rude staff, for a 4* I would expect a kettle at least in room, nothing, I asked if I could hire one (which I was prepared to pay for) a curt no was the response. food was something else, everything was inedible. Bad area out of town. 4* I would say 2* and that is being generous. Our party included some vegetarians they were told to sit together away from non vegetarians, Barbaric. be warned do not use this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Two nights experience in this standard hotel that was located on a quiet residential area with trams/street car passed by. It was not close yet not too far from the Palace of Schonbrunn. A city map and direction was given by the reception desk on the first night so we had a little adventure by taking the tram No.52 (2.20 euro) to the subway station and tried to make a transfer there to go to the city center, but the strong wind and heavy rain changed our plan and we ended up exploring the neighborhood of the subway, did some indoor window shopping, and managed to find a restaurant for dinner before we found our way to get on the right tram to return to the hotel.

The window of our room faced the street and we heard the trams, but not too bad. The weather was cool so we closed the window by the time we went to bed and noise was not a major issue. Everything in the room was old fashion yet well kept and clean. I liked the space saving desk-top which was designed fit for work. The super old TV with failing sound system was the biggest disappointment. The other unforgettable item in the room was the ageing pillow that you felt the clusters of cotton…The bathroom was spacious, clean but dated.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple