“Good hotel”

Novum Hotel Kavalier Wien
Ranked #272 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a good hotel if you want to get the higher standards but not to pay high value. Stayed here for two nights. The problem is location that is not so close to the center, you need to go to the tram or subway, the tram is near the hotel and the subway is about 15min of walk.
This was a problem when we stayed out late.

If you want to walk around hotel you will find nothing because this is a living disctrict no good for a tourst, you need to go to the center.

For a hotel I have no complain, everything as it says.

Room Tip: Try to get the room not at the street side, because of the noise. You will hear every car that pass.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manrobe

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very friendly staff, good value for money and lovely food. Breakfast included, and we ate 3 evenings in the hotel.
Location: about 30 mins from Stephansplatz. Tram 52 from Westbahnhof stops virtually outside the door (would have been good to know this beforehand!). Our room backed onto a railway line so there was some noise, but rooms at the front would not hear that. Overall v.good value - a result!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front as the hotel backs onto a railway line.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kraber, for Ingrid Zingrosch, General Manager at Novum Hotel Kavalier Wien, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I highly appreciated to read all about it.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon
and I remain with the best wishes for a successful 2013,
sincerely yours
Ingrid Zingrosch, General Manager

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is located little far from the center(the metro is 15 minutes by walk and then 15 additional minutes to the center),the pictures and the reviews are kind of distorted
Several staff members are rude and not helping
The "free" internet is available only in lobby
Bottom line-not recommended what so ever!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kraber, for Ingrid Zingrosch, General Manager at Novum Hotel Kavalier Wien, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for having chosen the HOTEL KAVALIER for your stay in our beautiful city.
I am really very sorry that the stay in our hotel was not what you have expected and I can promise that I have talked to our staff and meanwhile the problem is solved. At the same time I do as well apologize and hope, that you will give us a second chance to convince you of the improvements achieved.
You are right, the location is not in the city center but close to the Palace of Schönbrunn and the Zoo, which is also much appreciated by many of our guest.
Wishing you all the best for 2013,
I remain with kind regards
Ingrid Zingrosch, General Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is quite a way out of the main centre of Vennia and would have the rudest staff we have ever come across at a hotel. They did not want to help with any request you might have. Asked for directions to the town centre, begrudgingly gave us a map, but with the wrong directions. Internet was a joke as you had to ask for a login for 30 mins free and it was so slow that by the time you had managed to log on your time had run out. We asked for our beds to be put together as this was supposed to be have done before we arrived ( they had a cabinet between them that had to be unscrewed) waited until 10.30 pm and still not done. Was told that it was to bad as only one guy running the whole hotel and it was not gong to happen. We would have been ok with this if they had been up front we arrived and apologized for the single beds. Apparently this hotel does not have any double beds is the entire hotel . This hotel is far from the four stars it pretends to be.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank FamilyDunedinnz
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I live in hotel because of my job. Kavalier is one of the worst ever visited, they sy 4 stars but it should be 1 star. Hotel is far away from the center (ok, I knew this before), the service is horrible. the reception is always packed of people and the receptionists are very rude and slow (all of them). NO ROOM SERVICE, I asked for a restaurant and they send me 15 mins away, lately I discovered a very nice local restaurant 1 minute walk away. Furniture is old, the keys wont work, the sauna is always closed and cold ( I asked for a sauna at 12,00 for 13,00 I went down and sauna wasnt ready until 14,00) Internet in the room is the most expensive ever (€10) and with a small limit of Upload/Download. I had to work and I reached the limit after 2 hours OMG. NO MORE

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were booked into this hotel as part of our Cosmos /Archers tour.
On arrival at this big yellow building,our first thoughts were Oh No!! however we were proved totally wrong.Our room was big,clean,and surprisingly welcoming.The room overlooked the railway station,however train noise was not a problem.The bathroom was big,bright and clean,and if I had one complaint about the room,it would be that the beds were not good firm hotel beds,and certainly too soft for my liking.
Breakfast was continental,with a limited selection of cheese and meats.There was also a small selection of hot products.
The service we recieved in all parts of the hotel was pleasant and friendly.
As a car traveller,if I were driving,I would not think of stoping at this hotel,however we were taken here as part of a group,and overall we were not disappointed.
One last thing,it is not a central hotel,however I believe transport to the city is not a problem.
As always,if I can be of any help to anyone,please dont hesitate to write.

Alistair.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alistair A
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Inconveniently suituated. It's way out in the suburbs. It's a 15 minute+ walk to the metro at Hietzing though there is a bus to the station. It claims to be a 4* hotel. 2* would be more accurate. Furnishings etc. are 1960ish. Bottles of liquid soap (that are very hard to squeeze) in the bathroom. No shampoo (or anything else). Nevertheless it was clean and the breakfast buffet was very good. If you just want a place to sleep and you don't mind being a long way from he centre, it's ok though, I suspect, you can do rather better for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo