Hotel Graf Stadion
$213
Agoda.com
$255
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity hallantique liftgreat hotel with friendly staffquiet streetrathaus metro stationwalking distancebreakfast roomside streetbreakfast was includedhotel doorthird floorroom keyshort strolltv channelsan ideal locationeach morningopen the window
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Great location! 2 minutes walk to the metro station. The hotel staff was friendly, breakfast was nice. the rooms were clean, but the bathroom seemed old and sometimes had a strange smell...

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I have just come back . What a pleasant and nice stay at Hotel Graf Stadion in Vienna I had!

I chose this hotel based on various customers' good feedback on various websites and the travel books and I was not disappointed but very happy about my choice. I had a wonderful experience with the hotel's very sincere, heartfelt and excellent service which I would cherish and I would like to visit again and want to recommend this hotel to those who plan to stay at Vienna, a culturally very rich city!

First of all, the staffs at the front desk are excellent in communication skills, both in writing and speaking before my arrival and were very informative and attentive and accommodated my small requests especially when I had to resolve some of my personal problems. Their service made my stay comfortable. The cleaning crew did the outstanding job every day so as the breakfast crew. The buffet in rich variety was well served and presented. I really enjoyed them.
All staffs I encountered with represent classy and culturally rich Vienna!

The location is ideal for visiting various important sites, within walking distance or by public transportation, yet it's quiet. Two taxi drivers I rode( from/to airport) who happened to be born and raised in Vienna told me, :"location, location!" and they heard lots of good feedbacks from their customers. It didn't surprise me.

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank hookedtotravel
Reviewed August 25, 2008

The staff is very warm, the rooms are clean and breakfast is rich enough. Hotel is located in a central area behind the Rathaus (City Hall) in a quiet street and easily reachable by subway (Rathaus). Rooms on the ground floor (n12, n13) are very large and easily accessible to stroller. Bathroom is a little bit old and small but the great shower (without cabin) is useful. The road is very silent; we have never had problems with the cars on the road. The area around is pretty calm but doesn't have much to offer. To arrive in the city centre on foot it takes twenty minutes (quiet walk with stroller.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank CAT-TEO-DVD
Reviewed January 9, 2008

OK this is only a three-star hotel, many would say. And who would be so dumb to book a three-star for their honeymoon? Well, we did book the Graf Stadion, and we didn't regret it.

As could be expected over the New Year period, the hotel was fully booked, but the Staff were helpful and attentive, just as if we were the only guests at the hotel.

They saw to our every wish, and the breakfast was substantial - cold cuts, hard boiled eggs done to perfection, a selection of breads, yoghurts, cereal, all fresh and genuinely buffet-style. On the days when the hotel had higher room rates, they upgraded the breakfast, including bacon and eggs! Definitely recommended.

On the last day, we had to check out early, and since we would be missing breakfast, they left us a lunch bag in our room - and it was substantial, and packed wll enough to remain fresh till the next day. Indeed, it was fresh enough for us to keep having bits of it till the evening of the next day!

Even though our room was one of the smaller ones, it was still very big, with a good bed, and was spotlessly clean.

The hotel's location is wonderful for anyone wishing to see Vienna. It is right by the underground and tram lines, next to Rathaus, which is a central as you can get. With free maps and information distributed at the reception, this is simply the best hotel we've ever been to in Vienna, at a price which was very reasonable and affordable.

Booking was effected through booking.com - which provided the bast rate through Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MalteseGlobeTrotter
Reviewed December 29, 2007

The hotel is located on a quiet side street close to the tram line. No noise problems with the tram though. The room was small and the beds were two singles that you couldn't push together, so don't bring your girlfriend here. The beds seemed extra small, which made me think of being on a submarine. Bathroom was a shower only with a shower curtain, which is fine with me, probably the highlight of the room.

The staff was courteous and formal. The breakfast was OK, though I would have liked there to have been some sausages or warm meat instead of just cold cuts. Free internet, but you have to stand up to use it.

Good location with lots of good restaurants, bars, and groceries nearby. I found Vienna to be a very easy city to get around in, so I think anywhere near the ring or a tram line would give you a good location. The Rathaus and cathedral nearby definitely had great architecture.

I got what I paid for and it was clean, so I can't complain but I wouldn't rave over this hotel either.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo