“Average”
Review of Hotel Allegro

Hotel Allegro
Ranked #266 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel at 11 am abd was told our room would be ready by 15. So we explored the city abd came back at 16. We found out that our roim on the fifth floor and that the elevator us only until fourth floor so we had to carry our suitcase one floor. And when we finally arrived to the room we found out it wasn't ready and was still dirty.So we had to wait another 20 min. Besides that, the staff is friendly and helpful ,the location is great because it's near a train station and the breakfast is delicious and has a lot of options

1  Thank Rita S
martinas251, Manager at Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor. With all the improvement, that is going on in our newly adopted hotel, we hope to rise your satisfaction level to more than "average" on your next stay.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Allegro

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I booked this hotel because it had a very good offer for 2 nights including breakfast and vienna card and as the price for an extra night was still good we booked for a total of three nights. It sounded too good to be true but it actually was! I was there with my partner and my 18 months old twins, we had a very spacious room that they LOVED. They could run around like they would at home. We asked for cots and despite the fact that we had only one for the first night, we had a very comfy single bed in our room as well so it worked perfectly anyway. For the other two nights the staff organised the second cot too. Breakfast was sooooo good even for myself as I am not a breakfast person really. The room faced a big intersection and it was a bit loud with windows open but my kids loved to look out the window as there was so much too see all the time. The hotel is very well connected with public transport.
We really enjoyed our stay and we would definetely stay at the Hotel Allegro again.
MB

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
martinas251, Manager at Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear guest,
many thanks for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. Hope to welcome you soon again here at Hotel Allegro Vienna City, for more great times.
In the meantime, best regards

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Fair prices, excellent location next to train station but without any disturbance because of the trains, 4 stops from Vienna centre, excellent personnel, especially the Greek-Brazilian receptionist with the black hair, comfortable rooms, very clean with terrific breakfast. I strongly recommend it for everyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Foreign L
martinas251, Manager at Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Foreign L,

wow, just wow! Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We will forward your compliments to our receptionist. Great that you also enjoyed our very large rooms. Hope to welcome you soon here at Hotel Allegro Vienna City. Best regards from VIenna, Team Allegro

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is in perfect location if your arrive by train to wein meilding. You only have to catch the S train back one station and the hotel is right across the street. If you have a eurail you ride the S train for free which is awesome as well. The hotel rooms were a great size and we had great internet connection. The only issue we had was that our shower flooded so we had to change rooms and there wasn't really nice hot water in either shower. The staff were really nice and gave us great directions to the city center. We would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
martinas251, Director of Sales at Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear SK,

many thanks for your wonderful review. Hope to welcome you again soon at Hotel Allegro.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had originally planned to spend all 4 nights at this hotel but before I could confirm my booking , the hotel was already fully booked . I am glad that I did not stay at the hotel .However I spent my last night on my return trip to South Africa .Although the hotel is across from the metro station , it is not within easy access to the Vienna central station . I did not notice any trams close by . The hotel is clean and tidy but you feel as though you are entering a dormitory . it is not located in the best part of Vienna if one looks at all the graffiti outside . Rooms are large - we got no coffee / tea or any toiletries and fortunately I carried my own soap . There was no bar fridge and the safe did not lock properly to my shock . Although we got a warm welcome , the rooms were a disappointment . My son became ill and we tried to access his room using the key given to us by the hotel at 11.50
am . However we were barred from entering the room as the key was disarmed . My daughter and I had to plead with the receptionist to l grant us access to his room . Both my husband and I are lawyers which made us feel extremely upset .. What is worse is that we had prepaid for the room in full through our travel agent . I am unsure if this hotel has problems with guests
checking out but a nice touch might be to get some information about your guests before you start classifying them - through small talk or a little survey form . We were allocated 2 standard rooms at the very corner of a large un- carpeted passage . It appeared as though the room was
not properly prepared for us as there was no liquid soap in the containers .Guests should be informed in advance to carry toiletries .The standard fare in many 3 stars is to give you basic toiletries- soap , shampoo , toilet rolls and shower gel and you can assume that this hotel will also give you complementary toiletries .Breakfast was just ok . The lifts were
smelly . We have travelled extensively throughout the world this is not a hotel recommended for a family or any professional on business ..Might suit a backpacking student or an overnight stay if you are in transit to another country .

The room was so cold and there were no additional blankets. We literally slept with a jersey.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Shama188
Reviewed November 16, 2013

As for the rooms they were pretty comfortable. The staff was affable too. But I was told there was wi-fi connection, but was some reasons i could find it nowhere (i had explored the whole hotel, trust me). Also there were some problems of finding parking and getting to the nearest subway station (although there was a tram stop nearby). There was some noise outside because of the nearest tram tracks, but it's just my opinion. Anyway, the price for staying was not very expensive.

Room Tip: You had better stay in the new corps (the rooms are much more comfortable there)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Niko V, Manager at Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hi there,

Quite a good response :) Sorry about the WiFi - we have no idea why it did not work for you, we haven't heard any other complaints. The free WiFi is available in the entire hotel. In addition we give out free iPads at the reception for the use of our guests. Anyway sorry about that. We look forwward to welcoming you soon again at the hotel. All the best!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

As the title suggests, the Hotel Allegro is in need of a makeover; paint, carpets and possibly even the bed are a bit worn but surprisingly this was not so distracting. A good friend stayed with me in one of the rooms for 4 nights in September 2013. The check in was delightful in that the desk staff was able to accommodate our special needs. The breakfast was one of the best with a large variety of cold cuts, cereals, yogurts and fruit and oh, on demand espresso coffee drinks. It was perfect. The location was also a bonus, 1 minute walk away from Sbahn, directly across the street. This provided easy access to the whole city and in 10 min we were in the city center. What makes this place worth it is the staff. Even though its run down a bit, the price point was about right, positive helpful staff made up for the difference.

Room Tip: It wouldn't hurt to take a look at a few rooms before accepting what you request. The rooms are...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Harmonyeternal, thanks very much for your positive comments, we truly appreciate it. In regards to the worn down interior etc. yes we are going to renew the whole FF&E in the rooms by 2014, hence providing our guests a modern and more design-orientated atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you soon again at the hotel. Many greetings from Vienna!