All reviewstired hotelcity centrebilla supermarketfree wifirooms are spacious and cleanmetro stationvery pleasant staycharming hotelpublic transportconvenient locationnice breakfastbuffet breakfastyogurtarmchairsstopsundergroundsofa
Reviewed July 29, 2017

I stayed at this hotel only one night on my business trip.
The hotel is interesting because of its classical style. The rooms are nicely furnished in accordance with the old-fashioned building.
The breakfast is great.
The hotel is not in the city center, however, just across the street there is a tram station, so you can easily get there.
Also, you can find supermarket, Mc Donald's and a couple of coffee shops, restaurans and pastry shops nearby.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We really had some issues on this trip. The room was only cleaned every 3 days. To make matters worse we had to argue with staff members to get new towels and toilet paper. Unfortunately this was not the only awkward conversation we had with the staff. Staff should not place blame on clients. The hotel itself is quite old and the room, although very large, had very basic facilities. The breakfast buffet was clearly the highlight of our stay with a good selection served from 0630 to 1000. The hotel is also very well connected with a major tram junction just outside and a u-bahn (u4) also very close. One sad point is that the area outside was often (saw this 3 days out of 5) visited by police moving people with beer cans along. I give this one star simply because i expect better service and staff from a four star hotel. It was cheap but ultimately not worth it.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2017

The hotel was great, slightly out of the main area but with great connections by tram or underground. Staff very friendly. On the first day my bed-sheet was not on the bed properly, it was strange it wouldn't go over the bed. I asked at reception if they could remake my bed so that the sheet wouldn't wrinkle in the night and they were great (it was done whilst we went out for dinner). The only thing was it happened again the nest day!!! I didn't ask again as I didn't want to be a pain, but it's very strange that they use sheets that don't fit the beds properly....

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2017

Excellent accommodation for a five night break in this older but amply comfortable hotel.

Spacious room with high ceiling afforded perfect comfort thanks to efficient sound proofing and air com system.

Staff couldn't have been more friendly/helpful and the ample breakfast set us up for a day of sightseeing around town.

Admittedly a bit out of the town centre, the travel links via U-Bahn or tram made everything (including Schonbrunn Palace) easily accessible.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2017

I came to Vienna for my 50th birthday with my wife. We arrived at the hotel in the afternoon and on first impressions was this is a lovely hotel.

We had a reservation for a restaurant so unpacked and had a bath. It was at this stage my view on hotel went down.
The bath plug could not be removed, so we informed the reception who said someone will look at it. I said we are going out so come after we gone. When we got back from our dinner the bath was still full of water!!
In the morning I went down to reception to ask when it was going to be fixed, this time to be told straight away.
We went out sightseeing most of the day and when we return, guess what, bath still full of water!!!

On complaining we was then moved to another room on floor below.
We had a junior suite and was moved to a small room.

I am not one to complain but I heard a few people in the Hotel say things were poor.

I would suggest the invest in getting everything updated

Room Tip: choose another hotel until reviews improve
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple