“One of the best hotels I've been” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Am Stephansplatz

Hotel Am Stephansplatz
Ranked #11 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Montreal, Canada
“One of the best hotels I've been”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very quiet, which is a must for me, even though it could not be closer to everything. Only a ten minutes' walk from the CAT train from the airport at Mitte. Very good breakfast with view overlooking the cathedral square. I even got a chocolate box from the management on my birthday during me stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this review, April 2, 2014

we appreciate you taking the time for a review on Tripadvisor.
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could make it a memorable one.

We hope to welcome you back soon in the heart of Vienna.

Your team HOTEL AM STEPHANSPLATZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

perfectly placed to explore this city. The hotel is comfortable,quiet and the breakfast is generous. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a room looking onto the cathedral and square which was wonderful and the double glazing dealt with any noise, including the bells.

Room Tip: well worth paying for a cathedral view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for your feedback.

We are happy that we could convince you of our friendly and individual service. Our vision is to make our guests feel right at home and enjoy the best location in Vienna.

We thank you for your kind recommendation and hope to welcome you back at Vienna's most central.

With kind regards
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel Am Stephansplatz offers complimentary continental breakfast with an excellent view to the city center. Dining Room are first come first serve base on availability. I'd recommend getting up early to get a head start on breakfast since it can be crowded later on the day. The staffs are helpful and friendly.

I chose this hotel because of location and price during my 3 nights stayed in mid-March of 2013. For a $100 USD more, I upgraded my room facing St. Stephen's Cathedral. It was absolutely worth the experience, if you enjoy hearing church bells and city noise! The room I stayed had two large windows which can be open up to nice city view. The room is spacious with comfy Twin Size beds put together. The bathroom faucets are all Grohe European Designs which are gently when use. I enjoyed very much of all the hotel amenities has offered.

This hotel is conveniently located at the heart of Vienna where metro, shopping, sight-seeing and restaurants are just steps away from the hotel.

Getting here from the airport to hotel will roughly cost about $60 Euro. It is approximately 30 minutes away from airport by Taxi.

Room Tip: Upper room facing St. Stephen's Cathedral is great for photographer!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EExpeditions
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I spent one night here on my way back home after traveling in Austria. I needed a location in the Old City so I could see some sights in the evening without hassle. This hotel was perfect. All within easy walking distance: St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Opera House, Hofburg Palace and many other sights. The staff were extremely helpful. The breakfast was amazing and you have a morning view of the cathedral and people coming and going through Stephansplatz. I also ate dinner in the hotel bar (where breakfast is also served). The staff had told me only snacks were available in the bar, but there is a menu and you can make a fine meal of it. I found the room and bed to be the best I experienced in Austria. The bathroom floor is heated, a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Carla J
Bromley, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent privately run hotel in a brilliant location – literally about one minute’s walk from the Stephansplaz U-Bahn entrance. We stayed for one night en route to Bad Blumau (there was no availability for our return journey which was a shame). We had two double rooms (one for use as a single) both with a view of Stephansdom. The rooms were well appointed and very quiet despite the central location and the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The breakfast selection was really good with the opportunity to squeeze your own fresh orange juice, or make up other veg/juice mixes with the fresh produce available. We ate in the bar on the evening we arrived and can recommend the simple and tasty dishes available. We shall certainly use this hotel again when we are in Vienna.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ali83
spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this review, March 5, 2014

we appreciate you taking the time for a review on Tripadvisor.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could make it a memorable one.

We hope you had a safe trip home and would be pleased to welcome you back as guests in the heart of Vienna.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I chose this hotel from tripadvisor reviews and its location. I was on business and needed a location near the underground. My wife joined me on this trip and needed to be central for sightseeing. The Stephansplatz met these location needs perfectly.
We were fortunate to be given a room immediately in front of the Cathedral. I was concerned that the noise of the bells might be a problems but the glazing was virtually soundproof. I did not even need to close the outer electrically controlled shutters to prevent the noise from disturbing me.
The room was spacious and clean. It was well designed and clearly used modern building technology to achieve a comfortable environment. Breakfast was good. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. It does not have all the unnecessary glitz of a five star hotel but does have all that is needed for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: seventh floor with a balcony facing the cathedral is great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Edwin T

we appreciate you taking the time for a review on Tripadvisor.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could make it a comfortable one.

We hope you had a safe journey home and would be pleased to welcome you back at Vienna's most central.

With kind regards
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I spent four nights in this hotel. It is honestly one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had and I travel extensively. The friendliness, helpfulness and efficiency of every person I came into contact with, from the reception, the restaurant and the even the cleaning departments, was absolutely firsts rate! I was given the most beautiful room, spacious and clean, nicely decorated with a lovely new bathroom. Breakfast was brilliant! It may not be the cheapest option, but it is exceptional value for money. To add to the superlatives, the location is the BEST you will find in Vienna - so close to the metro and all the amazing sights Vienna has to offer. Well done hotel Am Stephansplatz.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BethCapeTown
spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guests,

we would like to thank you for feedback and sharing your impressions with us and other travellers.

We are delighted to have made your stay a special and memorable one.