“Nice & Homely”

Holiday Inn Vienna City
Ranked #56 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Overwhelmed by the hotel staff attitude. Nice welcoming staff, spacious rooms, cozy bar, good variety of Wine, centrally located in Vienna city. Must appreciate friendly attitude of the reception staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is located in easy walking distance to most of the attractions in Vienna. The staff at the front desk were friendly and there were no problems with checking in with a dog, and an 8 month old baby. Our room was a "Garden View", very large, clean and with the crib already set up in the room. We opted for no breakfast as it seemed a bit pricy and with the famous Naschmarkt only a 5 minute walk I saw no reason to shell out for a breakfast at the hotel. We had friends with us that stayed in the standard room which was also very large by European standards. The garden outside was great for a drink although the service was a little slow. I think they might have been training a new waiter. All in all a good value for the price and pet and baby friendly!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is very typical of the Holiday Inn range, but I would say better than some that I have stayed in. The hotel rooms are very clean and the bathroom sparkling, the staff are very friendly and polite, the only down side I would say is the cost of the continental breakfast a few euros too much for what you get or what is available. the hotel we thought was a little out of the way but actually a 10 to 15 minute walk and you are in the main tourist area, would I stay at this hotel again Yes.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Prior to arrival, I had emailed to ask for a room facing the courtyard as I read in previous reviews that the street could be quite noisy. Reception was very helpful, providing me with maps and local information without prompting at check in. When I got to my room, I was given a really lovely room, which was similar to a attic room with velux windows. A nice touch to welcome me to my room with a message on the TV. The hotel is located what looks like Chinatown and is only 5-10 mins from the underground with a supermarket down the road. The location itself is excellent, as it is one of the more central underground stations so was very easy to get to everywhere. The room was very comfortable although the air conditioning did not seem to be very good. Friendly staff, good location and lovely room. The hotel was also very accommodating in me leaving my luggage with them for a few hours before I had to depart to my next destination.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at the extremely friendly and helpfulness at check in and even more than that one of the receptionists who was just going off of duty came and chatted with us at the bar to give us a few 'tips' on places to visit, which was very kind of her. I was upgraded to nice a suite at the back overlooking a small 'hof' or courtyard/garden which nice and quite and very relaxing. Overall as the locals would say it was a very 'gemutlich' or cosy experience that one would not usually expect to find in Austria or a Holiday Inn for that matter, so well done! I will be back again and very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking the courtyard/garden.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I must admit one thing! This is not a hotel but a home away from your home! The location (hardly less than 1 km from city center), is terrific and there are plenty of eateries nearby (the famous Nash Market is 5 mins walk from the hotel) and above all the friendly staff at the reception who takes care of all your needs and assist you as if your were under Japanese care!!!

We had staued two times at this place. Both the times, the service was uniform and professional. The first time, the room was small like a Japanese business hotel room but the second time, it was like a European style with itnernaitonal wall sockets etc.

I admire the staff and their attitude towards the customers. After all, this matters a lot for any visitor to a new city!!!

Keep up the good work and wishing you all the best !!

Room Tip: Take the rooms at the rear side of the hotel and they are good and with international wall sockets e...
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is a bit south of the centre but there is a bus to the centre just outside and 5-10 minutes walk to the metro. The hotel and rooms are clean and pleasant. Our room (at the back) was very quiet. The staff particularly at breakfast are very friendly. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple