“Good choice in the VIC area"”
Review of NH Danube City

NH Danube City
Ranked #97 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Good choice in the VIC area"”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I selected the NH hotel simply for the location near the Vienna International Center, but the room and the staff were very good. The internet was excellent. Comfortable bed. Clean room and good bathroom. The staff were very nice and spoke fluent English. The room service menu was a bit limited but tasty, but the dining room's menu was much more extensive. My room (16th floor, on the front side) had a view of the Alte Donau river with many (rental) boats motoring and sailing around--very nice.

The breakfast buffet was good and the staff did a good job but the serving area is very cramped for all the guests that have to serve themselves. Some days it was almost complete chaos. The airconditioning in my room was working, but could not completely cool off the room when it was warm outside.

I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Warings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. The hotel had nice clean rooms and a nice breakfast buffet.

They didn't have free internet access in the rooms but in the lobby you could get vouchers which gave you 30 minutes of access to the lobby Wi-Fi. To get VPN working over the Wi-Fi you needed payed access.

The hotel is perhaps a little off from the center of the city but there is a subway station less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel which takes you there in no time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonasfred
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 9, 2011

On a weekend trip to Vienna the NH Danube City offered the best prices and best value for money. It is located close to the UNO and the commercial district with great access to public transportation. Also the airport bus has a stop right in front of the hotel.
Overall the hotel was in a good shape, clean, modern, some facilities like sauna, gym, etc. The room (we stayed in a tripple room) was ok, but the interiour to our suprise not as modern as the other parts of the hotel.
The staff was excellent and very helpful with all our matters.
Definately a recommandable hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank oriii
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Okay, I didn't plan to even be in Vienna. My Austrain Airlines flight was held over, so they put me up in this hotel from 1:30 a.m. until the next evening at 18:00. This was after a long day of travelling and delays.
Upon arrival, I was immediately told that I would have to pay another Eur70 to stay past normal checkout time(Straight to my wallet!). Even though the Airline had promised a 24 hour stay with three meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner. It was attitude right from the start! Then I had problems using my meal vouchers. Apparently I could not use them in my room, so they tried to charge me for lunch! Then I used my last meal voucher just after checkout(agreed), only to have the waitress offer me a choice of ONE meal, that's right, ONE choice! chicken and rice in a mushrrom sauce. I tried to explain that I don't eat mushrooms, and could I just choose something off the lunch menu, but apparently that was too expensive? It seems the the relationship bewteen the Airline and the Hotel is not a good one. But as for me, having done nothing wrong except to get on a delayed flight, this hotel treated my like a second-class citizen. Absolutely terrible experience. Stay away from this lot if you have any choice. The location is right in the middle of a concrete jungle in a business area, also horrible.
All in all this had a very cheap and tight feel about it. (Oh yeah, I was flying business class, but that did not translate to my treatment at NH Hotels.) Put me right off the whole country, just another bunch of rude, penny pinching Europeans! You know the type.
Good news, is that I have arrived on my holiday, and the Marriott Hotel and Spas in Hua Hin is awesome, especially the friendly helpfull staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
NHHotelesAT, Manager at NH Danube City, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience concerning your stay at the NH Danube City.
Again we regret that your flight was held over and that your stay, resulting from it, did not correspond to your expectations.

We take all feedback seriously and you will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we will implement some changes.
The next step will be to get in contact with the airline to discuss additional contract conditions to fulfill the guest needs and to avoid misunderstanding like yours.
Our acting was in line with the contract we have, but however in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that we are truly sorry and are adhered to improve our quality and service levels towards our guests needs.

Dear guest, unfortunately we cannot turn back the time to wipe off your bad experience, however we sincerely hope, you give us the privilege to demonstrate to you how our usual service and attention towards our guest look like.

NH Danube City Team
London
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This hotel is an oasis in a fairly industrial area. A mere five minute walk from the Austria centre and fifteen minutes from the city centre by train. Step inside and the staff are pleasant and helpful, there is a fabulous bar in which to unwind, and a restaurant serving an excellent selection of food at prices not unreasonable for a hotel. The sauna/steam room was styled perfectly to create a spa feel. On the down sides, wifi was not free in any area of the hotel,tea and coffee in the room was without milk and was not replenished, plus water was charged for (approx 3 euro). The fitness centre was a few pieces of cv equipment in what felt like a freezing cold storeroom. Nevertheless a good experience overall and I would be delighted to return.

• Stayed March 2011
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We have organised an art historical and culturel trip with 19 people to Vienna in the periode 11 until 17 January 2011 and stayed in the NH Danube City Hotel.

The hotel is perfectly located in a few minutes walking distance of the sub-way. The serve at the reception, bar and restaurant is really great. The staff is friendly, flexible and dedicated. The quality of food is very good (we have had 6 times diner in the hotel) and menu were very alternating. In this hotel you have the feeling that you are welcome.

The rooms are quite big and well equiped.

In my opinion this hotel is the ideal spot for leisure and business.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank RenM188632
Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2011

A very friendly and helpful staff here......nothing too much trouble, and always a 'hello' smile as we passed through the lobby. Good quality food in the restaurant with the same good service. The hotel's location only a three-minute walk from the Metro makes sure that Vienna's attractions are still handy. The hotel-organised airport limo service is well-priced and efficient

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple