“Very nice experience and in an amazing location”
Review of Hotel Am Parkring

Hotel Am Parkring
Ranked #22 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for almost a week. I was visiting Vienna for some training. The hotel is just a few meters from Regus (where my training was) which was very convenient because I could either work in their offices or in my room. The weather was quite warm but the A/C in the room was awesome. The thing I enjoyed the most was probably the view from the balcony, Vienna is such a beautiful city and you could appreciate it from this hotel. Not very far from the hotel you have 2 subway stations one of them being U3 which will take you to Westbanhof in a matter of minutes. The breakfast was full of choices and the staff was very kind. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Mauro M,

We are pleased to read that you had a very nice stay at our Hotel Am Parkring and could easily reach your office training and choose where to work!

We appreciate your compliments for our breakfast offer, the assigned room and the hotel location.

We would be happy to welcome you back and remain,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very positive impressions from my stay at the hotel:
located in the walking distance from St.Stephen's Cathedral and from other downtown places "to visit".
The view from the hotel rooms is above the roofs of other buildings and is very beautiful. I stayed at the 13th floor, the room is tidy, clean, comfortable with big terrace.
Good hotel service and positive attitude to the guests.

Significant plus of the hotel is that it is located in a walking distance from the CAT train station (trains from the airport).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Daria D
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Daria D,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are happy that you fully enjoyed your stay in Vienna and we appreciate your compliments especially for our team.

We hope you had a nice journey back home and remain,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July. First of all, the photos of the rooms on their website looked nothing like mine. The website photos show newly renovated, updated rooms and bathrooms, and the room I got was maybe remodeled in the 70's. But, it was clean.

What the front desk staff failed to inform me when I checked in was that my room was directly below the kitchen of a restaurant. Every night, until well past 10pm, there was constant noise from above, items dropping on the floor, things being rolled around, completely unable to sleep with all of the racket.

On the last night of my stay (before an early flight the next morning), the noise continued until well after 12:30am. I called the front desk to inquire where the noise was coming from, and that's when I was informed I was below a restaurant. This is information I should have been provided upon check-in, at which point I would have demanded a different room and gone to a different hotel. But after the phone call (where I was assured the noise would stop), the noise actually got worse, as though it was intentionally being made. The a man knocked on my door to see if the problem was resolved. Being an American female traveling along (keep in mind I was in a single room), I felt extremely uncomfortable having a man come to the door. After trying to communicate with him (his English was not strong) he asked me to open the door so we could talk. Again, not only is this not safe, but not professional. When the noise continued for another hour, I called the desk again, and this time the lady wanted to come into my room to hear the noise. Again, this is not an acceptable solution to the problem at 11:30 at night.

The next morning at check out, I mentioned my issue to the man at the desk and he seemed unconcerned. Although he apologized for me not sleeping well, he offered no explanation as to why the noise continued after my first complaint and no assurance that this would not happen to other guests in the future. The customer service was horrible at this hotel and made my stay in Vienna an unrestful one. I should have stayed at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not below the restaurant. It is very loud well into the night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank KyGalTraveler

Dear KyGalTraveler,

First of all we would like to express our regret that we could not convince you. As you wrote we just renovated an entire floor.

We are sorry that due to the room location under the restaurant kitchen, you were disturbed in your sleep. Please do accept our excuses. We are currently in the processes, specifically to discuss the subsequent cleaning of the kitchen in order to avoid further disturbance in the late hours.

We thank you for steering our attention to this matter and hope to get a further chance to convince you about our service consciousness.

In the meantime, we remain,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Terrible, inadequate facilities, no working shower-I was not able to even wash up properly after a 9 hour international flight. Rude, arrogant staff that simply did not give a damn about making any repairs. I could not get a repairman or room service, and was shower, or sleep at night, due to absence of temperature control and a loud bar next door that kept blaring music until early morning... Complete nightmare.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank INTERNATIONALTRAVEL7

Dear INTERNATIONALTRAVEL7,

We regret that you were not satisfied with your stay at our Hotel Am Parkring.

Each guest information, as yours, is important to us. After you informed the reception that the water supply does not work correctly, the receptionist promptly react on site by offering you an immediate room change, since guests definitively are our main focus!

Our technical department checked the water supply (warm and cold) in both rooms, but could not find a deficit or malfunction.

The bar next door is situated on the ground floor of the opposite building. Your room was at the 11th floor. We are sorry that the music disturbed your sleep.

Be assured that none of our employees intends to appear rude or disrespectful, but wants to meet our guests expectations, as much as possible.

Best regards

Time of stay: July 2013

Pros:
- the staff was welcoming and helpful
- the hotel occupies 3 floors of a building next to Stadtpark – floors 12-14 (floors 11-13 in Europe)
- the view of the park and the buildings was incredible
- free wifi
- the standard room was large, clean and very comfortable
- price very reasonable for Vienna

Cons:
- none

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sonia_saari
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear ss_the_traveler,

Thank you for your nice listing and great review heading.

We are delighted that you felt very comfortable at our Hotel Am Parkring and would be pleased to welcome you back in future.

In the meantime, we remain,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is really great hotel for both – pleasure and business. The location is in the heart of Vienna and you can reach every point in the city center by walking. The rooms are located at the top floors, so definitely you will have great view. The breakfast is also great and tasty, although being too expensive. Actually this is the only thing I don’t like when the hotel charges for the breakfast extra. In my opinion the hotel rates should include breakfast, not to mislead people about the price.
My room was very spacious, well decorated and very clean.
I definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends staying in Vienna!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear egegegeg,

We are happy that you took the time to write us an assessment and are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We read your remark regarding the breakfast rate being charged extra. We decided to give each guest the opportunity to choose to either take or not the buffet breakfast at the hotel. But we noticed your suggestion and thank you for forwarding it to us.

We thank you for your recommendation to your friends and remain,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Super breakfast, gracious and accomodating staff, excellent location (close to Wien central train station and the metro), clean and comfortable rooms with great views over Vienna. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear kshap,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and compliments.

We are delighted to read about your experience and look forward to your next visit.

Best regards from Vienna