“Best Hotel in heart of vienna”
Review of Hotel Am Parkring

Hotel Am Parkring
Ranked #23 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 19, 2012

very good location, very helpful staff.
good breakfast in 12th floor with very nice view of stadpark.
everything was ok..!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rey m
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear rey m,

Thank you very much for posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Viennese holidays and thank you for your nice compliments.

We hope you will soon be staying with us again and wish you in the meantime, a great summer!

Best regards

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Reviewing trip advisor first landed us a real gem of hotel in Vienna. We stayed at the hotel mid May. Impressive service and staff. The room airy and has fantastic views of the city. Every kindness is extended for guests. Would definately recommend room 304 which is actually on the 13th floor.

Room Tip: Room 304 or 306 are actually on the 13th floor. Absolutely breathtaking views of Vienna.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joan B
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Joan B,

Thank you for your very positive review.

We are delighted to read that after checking on TripAdvisor, you choose to stay at our Hotel Am Parkring and were very satisfied with your choice.

We are happy that we could offer you a great stay and that we were able to meet your expectations.

With pleasure we wait for your next reservation and send you,

Best regards from Vienna!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel during 5-12 of May. I easily found it walking from S-bahn (about 10 minues walking from Vienna Miitte), arrived earlier before 14.00 (check in time) but my room was already prepared. It's very clean and cosy everywhere, the room was cleaned every day (nice)). It was a Single room very small but there was everything you need there.
Robert and Mia at the desk told me how to get to the places I wanted to visit. I needed a tea-pot and they give me an electric pot and cup, thanks! Wi-fi is OK but you should know that the password they give sometimes expire and yr pc/tab won't work, you simply have to ask for a new password. It's great there's a pc in the hall with free internet access for guests. Almost everywhere I went by foot as the hotel is in the central part (ring) of the city.
I also liked the view from my balcony (on the 13th floor) which is big enough.
At the restaurant I had only breakfasts, everything was fresh and good taste, but the coffee as to me was not hot enough. They couldn't make it hotter as "the machine" makes it. The restaurant starts at 6.30 so in most cases it's convenient enough but sometimes I wanted it would start earlier, because my schedule was very tight.
The restaurant is on the 12th floor so you can enjoy the views while eating.
I'd recomment this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ludmila12345,

Thank you for posting your comments.

We are pleased to read that you were able to check-in quickly and felt comfortable with your room. Also we are happy to learn that the information you got from Robert and Mia, helped you to find your places in our beautiful city!

We regret that the coffee was not hot enough and have already passed your important information. Thank you for steering our attention it. As your write, the breakfast starts at 6.30 am. Your desire for an earlier start has been noticed.

We thank you for choosing a Schick Hotel for your Viennese holidays and for recommending us to your friends.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, we remain,

with kind regards

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel is well placed close to the centre of the city, and with easy access from the airport: we used the impressive express train called CAT and then walked to the hotel. The staff were friendly, well informed and helpful; and the room clean, airy and with fantastic views of the city. We didn't use the restaurant as it looked a bit pricey for us, but I suppose it was aimed at the business expense account.

Our only gripe was that the free wifi kept dropping connection, but overall the experience was positive and I would certainly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank peter m
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Dear peter m,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor Community.

With pleasure we read that the hotel location, the advised room and the views of the city convinced you.

A special thank you for your compliments to the staff, we already passed your review.

Please do accept our excuses for the problems with the wifi connection. Your note will be investigated and the connections checked.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, we remain,

with kind regards

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had picked this hotel on the strength of the positive reviews, and stayed for almost a week. I suppose that the hotel experience must either have been so superb or terrible to induce someone to write a review. Mine falls into the latter category. I agree that the location is good - it is about 5 minutes from Wien Mitte, and about 10 minutes to Stephansplaz. I should also add that the breakfast buffet had a comfortable range as well as very attentive staff. My grouse is with the front desk. I should only mention one - a lady of generous girth was rude to me during my stay and consistently ignored me when I needed front desk assistance. Perhaps she ought to be swapped with the excellent restaurant staff, for otherwise my last(ing) impression of the hotel is a terrible one. What a pity.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wolyrager
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Wolyrager,

With pleasure we learn that you choose to stay at our Hotel Am Parkring due to the many positive reviews of former travellers which visited us and were satisfied with their experience.

From your impressions we read that the hotel location, the breakfast buffet and the service staff fully convinced you and made you feel comfortable.

By reading your comments we see that the reason for your dislike was the reception staff, where you felt ignored and treated rudely.

First of all we would like to apologize to you, that you have gained such an impression. We assure you that this surely was not intended. We hope you can accept our excuses.

It may happen that an employee at the reception does not immediately react, since he is busy on the phone or engaged in a conversation with another guest. But under no circumstances he should give you the impression of ignoring you or not taking notice of yours.

We thank you that you have taken the time to describe us your feelings and explaining us what has led you to your negative score. Your review has already been forwarded and discussed, in order to react better in similar situations in the future.

We thank you for your constructive criticism and hope you will give us a further chance to convince you at the time of your next visit.

Best regards

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My mom and I stayed 5 nights at this hotel and it was a lovely, restful, wonderful stay in everyday!

Here's why:

Location - right next to 2 major metro stations plus super walkable to all the major attractions! 10 mins walk to most things and extremely safe area (as 2 ladies we had no worries walking back to our hotel late at night of leaving early for our train).

Service - all the staff speak English but more than that they are so very welcoming! They greeted us so cheerfully every morning and readily offered suggestions for breakfast cafes or dinner places! It was very lovely to come back to such a friendly hotel each night!

Room - all very clean, very comfy. Even with 2 large suitcases and 2 big handcarry bags we had enough space. Balcony rooms have a great view of Vienna but are smaller than non-balcony rooms. The balcony is unfurnished so you can't do anything there. Choose the non-balcony room if you prefer more space.

Breakfast - didn't try but I think it's much cheaper and satisfying to try out one of the nearby cafes (there are so many famous cafes nearby!) ask the hotel for recommendations!

Others - overall, I found the hotel very convenient and extremely thoughtful about the needs of guests. There's a free printer and computer in the lobby that you can use to print your reservations or check anything. Free wifi that works well. Felt safe and happy and perfect for sightseeing / lazing inside if you feel like it!

Room for improvement - nothing since service was superb. But it would be better if we didn't have to keep logging in to the free wifi every 15 minutes!

Thanks for a wonderful stay! We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank SangriaLife

Dear Sarahp1904,

We are happy that you and your mom decided to spend your Viennese holidays at our Hotel Am Parkring and thank you for your detailed review.

The balconies on the 13th floor are actually furnished but not in the winter months. With pleasure I inform you that since the beginning of spring, we have set them up again.

We are sorry that you did not try the breakfast buffet, but we hope you will do so, on your next visit.

The short log-in time is only at the lobby, on the rooms we do offer extended opportunities.

We hope you will soon be back to Vienna and look forward to your next visit.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great Hotel for a weekend break. Right beside the train station from the airport and within easy walking distance of all the main sites. The rooms are tidy and comfortable with great views of the city. I found the staff excellent, professional and helpful at all times.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Am Parkring, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Fergal C,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

We are delighted to learn about your impressions and hope to welcome you back soon.

In the meanwhile, we remain,

with best regards from Vienna