Hotel Beethoven Vienna
$316
$228
$182
1,476 results
All reviewsclassical concertsecession buildingopera housekarlsplatz metro stationquiet streetfree tea and coffeewithin walking distanceside streetsmoked salmonmuseum quarterlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentboutique hotelminute walkstate operasmall hotelbreakfast room
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Five of us stayed at this wonderful little hotel in October for 3 nights. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. We arrived early but our rooms were ready before noon and we were able to start exploring the city with Marianne, the manager's able assistance. The rooms were spotless and well appointed. The breakfast was generous and and fresh and we especially liked the new coffee machine. The location is excellent, within walking distance of the Nasch Market with its restaurants and food stalls, and the main sights of the Ringroad. Internet was free and no request was too much trouble.Thank for the hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2008

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel in October 2008 for 6 nights. I am not the kind of person who requires luxury when travelling, but I do admit that I am a bit picky when it comes to selecting a hotel: I need up-to-date furnishings, spotless bathroom (I do not tolerate molds whatsoever), spotless walls, comfortable bed, and of course affordable price and good location. If a hotel doesn't have all of the above I could not be comfortable in the room and will not recommend it to others. Hotel Beethoven did meet all my requirements, and I was very pleased with my stay there.
I booked directly with the Best Western website, and we had a superior double room. Although our room was right next to the elevator, noise was not a huge issue. (Although some fellow travellers could be a little more considerate) The room has a pleasant high ceiling and bright, airy large windows, which was a plus, although there was not much of a view, to be honest. At night whenever I opened the drapes I could look directly into the living room of an apartment across from the hotel and see this guy watching TV. No big deal, I just kept the drapes closed at night. The room has clean blue carpets, 2 night stands a small desk, standard TV. The lighting is dim, though, and did make night time reading a bit straining for the eyes. I was very pleased with the bathroom. The bathroom had a dark ciel blue tile floor, white tile walls with pink/blue/gold decorative tile inserts. Yeah, it's kind of a girlie bathroom but I like it. The shelf above the sink was long and spacious, and I actually had more than enough room for my toiletries. (I am a beauty products junkie). The hair dryer was powerful enough for my long hair, and the towels were surprisingly soft and thick, which made me happy.
Breakfast was fine, no complaints, pretty standard croissants, cold-cut meats, and eggs made to order. I got sick with the flu while I was in Vienna, and I couldn't get out of bed to get breakfast. The lady serving breakfast was very helpful, she gave my husband a tray so he can bring my breaskfast for me in the room. (Yes he is a sweet man). Front desk staff were pleasant, efficient and helpful as well. They gave us useful advice for where to purchase books, CDs, luggage, and where to find a drug-store (which was just 2 blocks away).
Location-wise, the hotel is tucked in a quiet side street, but very convenient. It's a block from the Naschmacht, convenient to the U-Bahn Karlplatz stop. If taking the strassebahn, though, it's closer to get off at the Staasoper stop. There is Billa supermarket a block away, there was also a Wein&Co (nice down-to-earth type wine-bar) just around the corner as well; It's maybe 3-4 blocks from the Kunsthistorisches/Naturhistorisches museums, and a 10 minute walk from the Hofburg.
All-in-all, I had a great time in Vienna, and the Hotel Beethoven added to my wonderful experience. I do recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GraceN
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip.
Nice hotel. Old Vienna buliding. Tucked up a side street off main road.
Very small bar area. Breakfast excellent.
Hotel very clean and tidy.
Very reasonably priced.
Less than 10 minutes walk to Opera House and main shopping area. 20 minutes to Rathaus area.
Recommend to tourists wanting to be close to city centre without spending a fortune.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I was concerned when I read the previous review but no need! This hotel was lovely with good furnishings, very clean, excellent breakfast selection, and all the staff we encountered we extremely helpful. The location is ideal. We walked to the main sites in minutes and only took public transport to visit Schonbrunn (very easy to get to). There were lots of places to eat along the main street at the bottom of this quiet side road, including the marvellous Naschmarkt. The market sells delicious fruit, veg and deli-type foods but at night there are allsorts of places to eat right there - we had delicious spare ribs one night and goulash another. The house wine at these cafes were all very good. We definitely made a great choice and would return any time.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Oops it's going down.
Plumbing not working, safe not working, new beds are pretty hard, reading lights only 25 volt, so bring a torch or ask for brighter lights. Reception staff need more training, get things muddled; and management does not really care.
This used to be a good little hotel ....... but I won't use it again. Suggest you find another place to rest your head.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business