Hotel Kaiserhof Wien
$225
$156
Hotels.com
  • Spa
Austria Classic Hotel Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$203
$180
$177
$163
  • Restaurant
Pension Neuer Markt(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$184
$168
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Suites Wien City Donau(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Domizi(Vienna)
$197
  • Breakfast included
Novum Hotel Prinz Eugen Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotel Kugel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$144
$137
$297
  • Restaurant
Boutique Hotel Donauwalzer(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$94
$91
  • Bar/Lounge
2,009 results
All reviewsopera housequiet side streetkarlsplatz stationbreakfast buffetcity centreexcellent hotelsparkling wineshort walkquiet locationbreakfast was amazingbeautiful citystate operawithin easy walking distancewould highly recommend this hotelmain attractionsold world charmfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I chose the Bestwestern for the points and the Kaiserhof for the location. From the minute you walk in they really make you feel like your at home. We were excited from the minute we walked through the doors. There staff was even more amazing. I tried to get tickets to the Opera and it was sold out but Alexander was able able to get us decent tickets. It was worth every penny.
The hotel has a very nice entry with old photos showing off the history of the hotel. Also have a nice lounging area with a bar and small library for reading. Behind the lounge you'll find a small restaurant where they serve breakfast. Next to the elevator is a small fitness room ( very small a few exercise bikes and some weights. Elevators very tiny and hot ( says holds six, maybe six chinese people definitely not six Americans ). Room was hot and humid and A/C worked but not very strong. Bed was firm but comfortable. Had a nice flat screen TV but of course all the channels are in a language i don't speak. Shower was nice and refreshing with good water pressure. Closet had small mini bar. Closets had plenty of hangers and space. We were on the 5th floor. If elevator was full i would walk down 1 floor and take another elevator or just walk down.
Over all we had a great time at this hotel. I only wish i had another night to enjoy it more. I can't say enough about Alexander and the whole staff, amazing friendly people. I definitely recommend this Bestwestern to anyone looking for a nice stay in Wein.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
KaiserhofWien, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your complements and your positive feedback. Great to see that you enjoyed your stay at the KAISERHOF!
Hope to may welcome you back soon!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel met all expectations. It is only about 6 or 7 minutes walk to the Opera House and the main areas. We stayed 3 nights bed and breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. the room was spotless, the staff wonderful and the breakfast and service second to none. (A good thing about the hotel is they have a kettle and coffee/tea tray, which is fairly unusual in European hotels.

Nothing was a problem and because we had to leave before breakfast began we were given a breakfast box to eat on the train.

Vienna is a fantastic place - even in the rain. We had a beautiful sunny day the day we arrived and the next morning, but for that afternoon and the next day it poured. When we left the next day it was dry....typical!

Vienna is everything we imagined, stunning architecture, friendly people and such a lot to see.

We used the "hop on, hop off" bus and it is a great way to get your bearings. We used it to go to the Ferris wheel and then the Schonbrunn Palace. We were disappointed with the view from the Wheel (even though it was in the rain) but the Palace was something else. Pity it rained as we would have loved to walk around the gardens, but there were too many pools to step in, but still worth a visit.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vienna.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mother51
KaiserhofWien, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for taking the time to comment your stay at the KAISERHOF. Great comment and feedback!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here on business last week and found the hotel really good indeed. It was in a quiet street, so I slept well, and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom clean and a good size.
Very good breakfast, with lots of choice of cold and hot food, including fruit and pastries. The bar as also very good, and all staff whether on front desk, in breakfast room or at the bar, were very helpful and polite at all times.
Location was also very good, only 5 mins walk from Kaiserplatz metro station. I thoroughly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
KaiserhofWien, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Der Timbo,
great comment-thank you very much!
Hope to may welcome you back soon,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This stay was during my extension trip throughout Eastern Europe and London in May and June 2013. This review is for the Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien.

Property: Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien
Location: Vienna, Austria
Address: Frankenberggasse 10, Vienna A-1040, Austria
Phone: +43/(0)1/505 17 01
Website: www.bestwestern.at
Room Type/Class: Standard
Date: May 19-20, 2013
Booking Source: Expedia
Overall Rating: 2.5/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

This was the first hotel for my two and a half week journey throughout Eastern Europe and England, and for the former I decided to rent a car to get around country to country.

Driving to this Best Western via GPS navigation, it was not too far from Vienna airport. While this was my first experience driving in another country, as I was getting close to the hotel, I was checking my speed against the posted speed limit, which is the speed I was driving. As I turned a corner, a car began driving aggressively behind me, about one or two inches bumper to bumper. Since it was a one way street with no open parking, I could not pull over to let this crazy driver pass, even though I was going the speed limit while looking for the hotel sign. The crazed, aggressive driver behind me then began honking his horn... I saw the sign for the hotel and a few open spaces right in front, and so pulled over in front of the hotel. The crazy driver behind me pulled in as well... to a couple standing in front of the hotel. It end up the person trying to run me off the road was the valet for the Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien. Welcome to Vienna?

Going up to the front desk, there was only one person working at the front desk (which seemed to be the case each time I walked by later). Unfortunately, the front desk clerk doubles as the concierge... so after maybe 18 solid hours of travel, I had to wait nearly ten minutes for her to talk to other guests about sightseeing and eating options.

Once it was finally my turn to check in, I brought the driving experience to her attention, and she didn't seem to care, nor apologize. Funny enough, the guy who tried to run me off the road then wanted to help me with my luggage to my room... I told him no thank you and carried my own luggage up to the room.

The room itself (and property at large) was pretty old and out of date. The double bed was literally two separate mattresses side-by-side, so it's a matter of sleeping on one or the other.

Overall, it was a pretty basic European room. Nothing special about it to recommend it, and you don't get a whole lot for the money. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
KaiserhofWien, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Mr. De Bord,
thank you for taking the time to comment your stay at the KAISERHOF. We're sorry if your experience at Vienna did not fulfill your expectations - especially your driving experiance. As we are a small private running hotel, there is no need to have more than 2 people at the front-desk and it is not a sign or criteria of service or category and it is very important for us to take the time for each guest. We will of course try to check and proof your driving experience, it should have been a airport transfer which came to the hotel and our bell-boy and departing guests have been waiting for the transfer in front of the hotel. Of course design, furniture and style is individual, as you mentioned our hotel as pretty old and out of date - we just want to point out that you have chosen a traditional hotel which was built in 1896. To have 2 mattresses side by side in a double bed is not unusual, if you would like to get one matress you have to order a grand-lit as double single use. We are very sorry that you could not enjoy your trip to Vienna.
Your KAISERHOF Team

so please do come back and convince yourself of the improvements that are being made.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

In a great position, within easy walking distance to the main sites and the underground at KarlsPlatz but very quiet at night. The staff were very friendly and as there is no main restaurant in the hotel the lovely bar lady, Barbara, recommended some wonderful restaurants near the Opera House which were perfect and not expensive. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms clean, we stayed 3 nights and had a great sleep every night. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
KaiserhofWien, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Marilyn,
we would like to thank you very much for your feedback! Great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards from Vienna,