“A passion for hospitality”
Review of Hotel Jager

Hotel Jager
Ranked #182 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Vienna, Austria
“A passion for hospitality”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Dear Hotel Jäger Team,
I stayed with you last year for a whole month, due to a problem with my own apartment here in Vienna. (Sorry that it's taken me a long time to write this review -- it's because I am still 'on the road' ;-) During that time, I saw lots and lots and lots of satisfied regular guests 'coming back for more', I saw excellent breakfasts served with a smile, I saw that nothing was too much trouble for your guests, and I saw the really hard work that goes into making your welcome *look* so effortless.
Thank you for your passion for hospitality. Wishing you many more happy guests.
All the best, FB

Room Tip: There are quite a few different styles of room in this hotel. I stayed mostly in room 206, and I lik...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Viennetta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Freising, Germany
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A small family hotel, about ten minutes tram time from the centre of Vienna, it has been newly refurbished, but the wonderful, personal service is still the same. And the breakfast is great... good range of food. I like the coffee too... real European style. We have just returned here and found the hotel as good as we remembered it.
We like the location, near to public transport which runs about every 10 minutes, near to some very good restaurants... Appolos just 200 metres down the road for very good Greek food, and a very good Viennese restaurant about 500 metres away called Ottakringer Landhaus.
All in all, great hotel, very good staff, and a good location... a great combination towards a good holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alan C
Kastela, Croatia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked this hotel in last minute, since we decided to spend one weekend in Vienna with kids and our small dog. I was not even checking location when making a booking.
I was positively surprised when I came, since hotel was central, and only 10-15 min tram ride to Vienna Christmas market. Tram stop is directly in front of hotel.
Rooms are large, very clean and comfortable. Our room had connected separate room for children (on booking.com I didn't realized that rooms are separated, it looked as one big room).

Hotel staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, we felt like VIP guests. Breakfast is rich, room for breakfast small and cozy. We even got a goodbye gift :)

We will come back for sure and will recommend to all.

Room Tip: Family room is very good and large
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and my small dog for 2 nights. It was just a small break for us and I really wanted something cosy and comfortable. I'm a frequent business traveller and I'm a bit tired of staying in big (international chains) hotels without any personality. When I travel on leisure to cities like Vienna I'm always looking for a small family-run hotel where I can enjoy the spirit of a city and Hotel Jager is exactly what I was looking for! When I was booking this hotel I thought that it's located in villas' district because it looks like a Villa in a secluded place but imagine my surprise when I found myself in one of big streets with pretty heavy traffic. I was a bit disappointed but when I passed through the hotel gate everything changed - no noise from the street, well-cut lawn, flowers and a basket of apple on the stairs. The hotel staff was really helpful and friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and reasonable-sized. Although the hotel is a bit on the outskirts of Vienna but there is a S-Bahn just right on the corner and one can easily get to the city centre.
All in all, it was a nice and pleasant stay and I'd recommend this hotel to people who enjoy family and old-style atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ElenaNet
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2011

a very nice hotel, the staff was friendly and helpful with a good breakfast option. Only drawback is that its is slightly outside the city center but Vienna transportation is superior and reasonable to budget. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rockinamadeus
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Twenty years after staying in Hotel Jäger we had the occasion to visit Vienna again, staying there instead of with friends and relatives. Some things were familiar - its location next to busy Hernalser Hauptstr. and the close to public transportation. But virtually everything has changed at the hotel (which was admittedly a cheap, tight flop with IKEA furniture back then). From the entrance to the attentive staff to the well-appointed rooms, the spotless bathroom, right down to a large breakfast selection and the candy on the plumped pillow - it all signified that Hotel Jäger would become our favorite Vienna residence in the future. The concierge and reservation desk staff was attentive, assisted with reservations and information (all in English to my companions' delight) and our stay was as pleasant as one would wish with the relatives. We took our breakfasts in the pretty frontage garden, oblivious to traffic noise, and when we checked out, the front desk conveniently held our luggage until our friend could pick it up, while we took another day to see the sights. The prices have gone up considerably since 1986, but what do you want a boutique hotel in expensive Vienna to do? Buy more IKEA furniture and call it upscale?

• Liked — Tidy rooms and good layout on small footprint
  • Disliked — Automated turn-off of power when key card was removed; timer hallway lights
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Matrose
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2005

I´dlike this hotel. The staff is very friednly and help on all questions we have. The breakfast is good and the rooms are clan and modern. The hotel is in the outside of Vienna but good communicated.

• Stayed August 2005