“If you are looking for the best hotel, you found it !”

Das Opernring Hotel
Ranked #92 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Tel Aviv, Israel
“If you are looking for the best hotel, you found it !”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were visiting Vienna at the end of August and we were 3 couples, and it was amazing :
- best located - 5 min walk from the city center
- best servise ever !!!! The receptionist gave us all the information we needed and even more , the service is 24/7 and it was beyonf the expextations !
- amazing breakfast
-very clean ( personally I have issues with this and it was very very clean )
- quet
- the price was good also !

P.S thank you guys for the best vacation ever, without you and your tour guide skills we coud never see so much for 5 days ! You are doing amazing job !
Spetial thanks for Harold from the reservationd that made it even better :)

Room Tip: i think you should pay a little more mony for the rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Willaston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

yes, you could get a "posher" hotel if you like, but we found everyone here to be really lovely, helpful and friendly . The rooms were fine, our friends had a junior suite which was lovely,our room was perfectly fine, clean, spacious , everything you need for a city break. Great location, good breakfast, reasonably priced, we'd go back anytime! Thanks to Harold and all his colleagues, we loved it! And as for Vienna, if you've never been , GO SOON!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We Traveled to Vienna from Venice Italy the 13 of August 2012.
After traveling by overnight train coach in a cabin of four beds a trip of just under 10 long hours, we arrived in Vienna at the early hour of 8:30am, just as i had planned.

Instead of jumping into a taxi, i choose to take a tram, the number 62, which i was told by the very helpful info desk staff inside the train station, would deliver us directly in the historic center of Vienna, where our Hotel awaited us.
We didn’t have much luggage, just one large pretty blue suitcase, so with glee we brought our tram tickets, just 4 euro for the two of us, then we found our tram just outside across the street. The tram was very nice with comfortable seats and even a table to lean your elbows on or read our map.
I love watching every aspect of a new city and being on a tram in the city of Vienna excited me to no end !
I probably looked like a strange bird perched on my seat swinging my head from left to right so that i would not miss anything.

Vienna compared to many European city’s was very chaos free especially seeing as it was a Tuesday morning and rush hour time.
We noticed how clean the city streets were. We got off at the last stop in front of the Vienna state opera house, which is right on Opernring street (note- all city streets are written in Austrian) we then after making a few wrongs turns walked just one very short block to our hotel which was just across the street from The huge & very beautiful landmark Opera house .
We were a bit surprised that the photo on the Internet was different from the actual Hotel that we now stood in front of and to tell you the truth, we were worried, but when we entered we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff. I enquired if Mr. Harold Schubert was available and i was told that Harold wasn’t there yet but was expecting us, then my fears diminished noticeable for I now knew we knew we were in the right place ! with in no time The front desk manager Harold Schubert had arrived and greeted us so professionally ! We felt immediately at home !
Harold Schubert couldn’t have been less then a angel, he gave us a stunningly gorgeous and very spacious junior suite on the forth floor of the hotel room 406 with a breathtaking view of the Vienna state Opera house . The room was laided out in Art Deco style , which just so happens to be my favourite choice of interior decor !! I was in heaven !

To add to it, our suite also had a very long terrace with art deco iron railing which gave us the added possibility to have fresh air and the possibility to step out of the room at any hour of the day to star gaze or pedestrian watch or listen to bird song or take dazzling pictures with natural light..
I fiercely dislike ultra modern hotel Rooms where you can not open a window , much less step out on your own private terrace !
This room was everything I wanted and more !
It was perfect for the “sexy food traveler”
I was certainly in my comfort zone !

The Hotel reception area lacked a regal entrance, but Harold Schubert and the service of the Hotel Opernring made up for it in many ways ! This hotel is a gem indeed !
We were given by another staff member at the front desk some lovely vouchers for a Lunch with drinks for two, offered by the hotel in the hotels restaurant just next door in a truly hip chic type of atmosphere with lovely sidewalk dining so we could still sight see and eat at the same time. The food was yummy and we enjoyed our meal very much, in fact we returned the following day to have Lunch again ! The hotel also supplied us with two free entry’s to a observation rotating lounge where we could have take a break from shopping or get our aperitif started and two VIP guest passes to Vienna’s top dance Club which was less then 30 meters from the Hotel.
Harold Schubert, also wrote down for us a list of Vienna’s top pastry’s or cakes that we had to try on our trip here ! To put the cherry on the cake, Harold escorted us to the best cake and coffee called Eida spot introduced us to the servers and advised us what to eat since all menu’s and cake names are as i said earlier, written in Austrian which I haven’t learnt to speak yet and thus it would have been hard for us to order as the Austrians do… and everyone knows that my motto is “when in Rome or as in this case Vienna, do as the Viennese do”!!!
Harold made us feel so lucky to have chosen his hotel ! Life is grand ain’t it sometimes!!!

When I asked Harold to help point me in the direction of the very Best most UN-tourist invaded fashionable hot spot for dinner and cocktails, Harold told us he would try and book us in a ultra cool place called “Do & Co”…. and just tell him for what hour I intended to eat.
When we returned a few hours later from our yummy breakfast , a bit of clothes shopping a relatively short bout of site seeing by foot followed by a supper lunch, Harold who was waiting for our return told us that he had managed to reserve us a table for dinner for 9pm that night at the swanky popular Do & Co ! He then flourished us with a card with written the address of where we would be dining & suggested that seeing as we had had a long trip through the alps of Austria we should carry our self’s off to sleep so that we would be our most magnificent best to turn Vienna out !
I have come to the conclusion that Harold Schubert is in reality my fairy God mother transformed into a version of The front desk Manager of the Hotel Opernring and living in the city of Wien !
So off to rest we went & because i forgot to set the alarm, Harold even called our room at 8pm to remind us of our dinner reservations !
I couldn’t have asked for a sweeter or attentive treatment !
Why are there not more folks like Harold Schubert in the hotel business?!?
One of My Five Top Hotel Picks For 2012 ?
HOTEL AM OPERNRING
P.S. Ask for Harold Schubert !!!!
cheers!

Room Tip: Book a junior suite with Harold !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Prisciila
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Hotel Opernring popped up as a Hotwire suggestion.  After deciding it was in an excellent location, the price was not too much, and--to be honest--we were desperate for a room as we hadn't planned anything ahead, we gave it a go.  As we arrived on the Opernring, we decided the location was even better in person as it looked online.  The surrounding hotels are some of the swankiest in Vienna.  But while the new owner/manager tries to keep up with the neighbours, they're not quite there yet.  Our room was adequate, but it was clear many guests had taken advantage of the hotel's generous pet policy.  The  carpeted floor bore witness to some previous furry guests' stay.  My travel companion wasn't impressed with the bad smell in the bathroom, though, and he asked to move rooms.  The management took this request very well, apologizing for the smell and offering a choice of three rooms, including their "junior suite." We picked a simpler room with aircon (not all rooms have this) and were happy with the change.  Breakfast is included and is fairly extensive--meats, cheeses, breads, veg, cereals and yogurts, etc.  You shouldn't leave hungry in the morning.
I'd recommend this hotel for the location, breakfast and the management, who are truly doing their best to provide a comfortable stay in the Hotel Opernring.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rugbymug
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We are just about to leave this hotel after five nights. As usual there are good things and not so good things.
First the good:
Excellent location close to the city centre, very handy for trams and U-bahn.
Comfortable beds and excellent bathroom. Damp things dried really quickly. Nice big room, long and thin with a divider which gave you storage space out of the way of the rest of the room.
Gorgeous light sunny breakfast room and good breakfast. I thought the coffee was great although I am not a connoisseur.
Friendly helpful reception staff who sorted out my extra pillow request in seconds.

Now the not so good:
We had the misfortune to arrive in a heat wave. 34 degrees on several of the days and the room stayed above 28 degrees on each of the five nights. There was no air conditioning but we were provided with a fan. We had to have this on all night so it was really noisy and I didn't sleep very well. We did try leaving the window open but as the hotel is right on the busy main road that was also too noisy. The trams keep going till well after midnight and there was plenty of carousing as well. So I would say if you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for a room at the back or go to a different hotel.
Also, a tray is provided in the bedroom but it only has powdered coffee with milk already in it - yuk! A tea bag, and a tiny sugar sachet. Not worth bothering with. And as I opened it and left the powder in the bottom of the cup, realising I would not want it, the tray was not changed all week. I suppose this is just a minor point.
We were in the overflow breakfast room today, and towards the end of the breakfast period a member of staff came in and asked if we minded if she smoked! Er, yes, I did mind.

I would come and stay here again, though, and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lovely hotel with a great view of the opera and just steps from the heart of the city. At one time this was a pension and my family lived there for two years. It was great to stand on the same balcony level I remembered as a child. Property, though old, is clean, staff is wonderful and breakfasts are a pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are rectangular and long but smartly designed. The closet divided the room into two and this made it feel like you actually had two rooms: one to dress and the other to sleep, sit and watch. No AC, just a ventilator. (Only those on the mezzanine floor have AC). Had a small nice balcony where you can sit down as two people and watch outside. The bathroom was large but the curtain was dysfunctional making bathing a challenge which was a big negative for us (most of the bahroom floor gets wet if you are not very very careful). Friendly staff. Breakfast OK.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family