“I felt, I’m at home!”

Ranked #316 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Tehran
“I felt, I’m at home!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is really good one. I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. It was booked by one of my local friends, without prepaid.
My room was big enough and clean, sleep quality is well. The free internet Wi-Fi access in the room and the free sauna and swimming pool are the advantages.
Good breakfast buffet, which offers different choices, is another positive point.
The staffs are very friendly and helpful, seems they are ready to offer whatever you need or ask.
Hotel location is not in the center or ring, but the metro station is only in less than 5 minutes walking distance and you will find yourself in the center of the city just in 15 minutes.
I couldn’t find any negative point when the manager of hotel asked my feedback, when I was leaving the hotel.
And the last but not least, the rate which hotel offered me was very good in compare with same rate hotels in Vienna. Definitely, it value for the money.
I felt, I’m at home and will back there in my next visit to Vienna, for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
BWReither, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Reither, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Mr. HadiaK,
thank you for your positive appraisement. We are glad to read, that you were highly pleased with your stay in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Please let us know for future, if you need something to make your next stay in Vienna even more comfortable. Kind regards and greetings from Vienna - Best Western Hotel Reither

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Excellent staff. Great service. But hot in september. Fan provided on request. Overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank barin
Twenty
Reviewed February 23, 2011

While driving to the hotel the area looked run down so it was a pleasant surprise to find the hotel was clean, quiet, with friendly staff and had an underground parking garage. The underground station to the Schönbrunn palace, zoo, museums and downtown was easily accesible and the staff were very helpful with sightseeing information. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jmwsmith
Riga
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Totally unacceptable stay, not compatible with BEST WESTERN name.
Could not get the dinner at the restaurant,only drink, because they had not a chef.(not hotel guests problem). The room was not cleaned enough- the lid of the empty shampoo bottle was left and the switches of electricity was dusty. But the worst experience was with the breakfast: at 6.30 a.m. there was not even coffee made, nothing to eat at all, only 3 days old bread only OK for toasting. Fresh bread was delivered at 7.30, when I was already checking out. I went to the breakfast at 6.30am in case to avoid Vienna traffic jam, but I left breakfast room without breakfast because of lack of food.
From Hotel"s webpage: We serve our guests different sorts of coffee, tea and chocolate.Typical Viennes cakes like "Sachertorte", "Apfelstrudel" and
daily fresh pancakes.You also find a choice of warm and cold
sausages, healthy fruits, juices and a wide range of
special dark breda and rolls."
NOTHING of mentioned was available from 6.30-7.30am. I left the hotel very, very dissapointed and will NEVER come back and will suggest my friends not to stay at this hotel. Nothing of BEST WESTERN standarts ..... and surely not 4 star hotel, 2 stars maximum. So I left Vienna without trying famous Sachartorte.....Still angry....
Wireless was also a disaster......slower than snail....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aimara2007
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 2, 2005

I came here via Prague, and the drive into the hotel neighbourhood wasn't pleasant...the area is okay, and close to everything via the underground (four stops to Karlsplatz and Opera House). I loved staying here, great service, lovely food and the rooms were spacious and spotless. The only problem I would have staying here again would be the location, which is fine by day, but a little unnerving at night if you are a woman travelling alone. I was with my husband and found the metro a bit offputting in the dark, as the way back to the hotel is via a highway and down a very deserted street (less than a ten minute walk though). Other than that, and bearing in mind nobody paid us any attention, I would heartily recommend this very friendly hotel to anyone, it was one of the nicest places I stayed on my trip.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank Lordy
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed October 2, 2004

Staying here is more like staying at your favorite Aunt's house. The staff (almost all part of the Reither Family -- there are three Reither Brothers that man the front desk) is very, very accommodating. When you ask for something (a map, directions, suggestions for a restaurant), they literally jump to provide it to you. Any question of ours that began with: "Would it be possible to..." was responded to with "Of course, right away".

It's a relatively small hotel and has a pension/Inn kind of feel. The buffet breakfast was quite elaborate including a "jam/jelly bar" and chocolate bundt cake (yum!). Every morning you were greeted as you entered the restaurant (that had a no smoking area) with a cheery Good Morning (in English or German).

We had a suite that was really cool. One room had two beds and the other had the possibility of having 1,2 or 3 beds by converting chairs into beds (amazing!). The suite had 2 baths though the second bath had only cold water.

Being a best western, you can book this hotel without having to pay for it in advance (which paid off for us as we changed our itinerary right before arriving there and had no penalty and, in fact, saved some money.

The only negative to the hotel is that it is literally on the edge of the city center. There are 3 metro stops within 2 blocks of the hotel. One takes you to the westbahnhof rail station (2 minutes), one takes you to city center (10 minutes) and one to Shoenbrun Palace (10 minutes). The neighborhood around the hotel, however is a mix of industrial, residential, a tacky looking nearby hotel and a little residential neighborhood with a couple of interesting restaurants. If you want to be in the middle of the city center, this isn't the hotel for you, but if you want an immaculate place with friendly service and great metro access (and a pool and sauna in the basement that was also immaculate), then stay at the Hotel Reither!

• Stayed September 2004