Hotel Das Tigra
$242
$178
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet streetrecommend this hotelbuilding siteexcellent locationgreat hotelbuilding workwalking distanceminute walkgood sizehot and cold foodspanish riding schoolinner citymain attractionscentral hotelbreakfast roomfree wifist stephen's cathedral
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spend 3 nights at the Best Western Tigra and had a great time there. It's in a very quiet street, i haven't heard any noise at night. (5th floor) Location is perfect, just around the corner of all the things you want to see in Vienna, walking distance! Beds are good and the breakfast is excellent, wow, very fresh. Breakfast room is a bit cramped though. Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SabrinaWien, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

thank you for feedback and recommendation. Christmas markets are soon coming this year again!!! Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Best wishes from Vienna
The Tigra Team

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I visited this hotel in spring and it was a great pleasure. The price was excellent and accommodation was very nice. Service professional.
If I travel again to Vienna, I will visit this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SabrinaWien, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and recommendation. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and a wonderful time in Vienna
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Best regards
Markos Georgakakis
Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a very well located hotel in the heart of vienna. From the outside it looks a little small but the rooms are very clean and the staff are great help. The breakfast is very good and has a wide range on offer. Over all this a very good value hotel and I would stay there when i return to vienna.

Room Tip: Pre plan your route from the underground to the hotel. The hotel is within 5 mins on the underground
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

There is very little in the way of negative comment that I could say about this hotel. OK, one member of the reception staff was a little frosty and we could have done with tea-making facilities but, overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
The room was very spacious and comfortable with every convenience (apart from the aforementioned tea-making facilities) with a good en-suite and furnishings. The staff were accommodating and were able to give us good advice about where to eat,catch the underground etc. The breakfast was extensive with every taste being catered for and the waiting staff were polite and efficient.
The location of the hotel was great and allowed us to have an easy walk into the centre whilst feeling safe. We would recommend the tour that takes you a little out of the city to see the Ferris wheel/fairground and then takes you to the tower with the revolving café. Unfortunately we were a day late to book a river trip.
The city is so clean and well looked after - a must for a city break and the prices were, surprisingly, not too expensive unless you made expensive choices eg the Café Mozart was a treat to visit, but worth the extra cost for the ambience.
Just book it and go!

Room Tip: We were in a twin room on the fifth floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much for your feedback, please be sure that we will do our best to "unfrost" our colleague from Front Desk -
and thank you for letting us know!

Best regards from Vienna
Markos Georgakakis
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is clean, comfortable, and located in a great section of Vienna. Upon check-in, the clerk gave me the key to a single room, though I had reserved a double. After being quizzed about whether anyone would be joining me in my room (they wouldn't be), I found out the room had a double bed so I went ahead with it. I found it quite awkward the way the clerk questioned me, especially since I booked a double room!

Pros
- Location
- Very nice bathroom
- Quick service when requested (I requested a second pillow.)
- Desk clerks helpful with suggestions and directions
- Clean and modern rooms

Cons
- Street noise was very loud right outside my window (1st floor)
- Pillows provided no support
- Internet was very slow at times.

I would stay here again, but would request a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Crgallen
SabrinaWien, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Sorry again for any inconveniences upon Check in,
Best regards
The Team of the Hotel Das Tigra!!